[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: engineer.jpg (235 KB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
engineer.jpg
235 KB, 2400x1200
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
File: 1411571479953.jpg (23 KB, 616x402) Image search: [Google]
1411571479953.jpg
23 KB, 616x402
>>
He was made cause some random alien woke him up instead of his wifes son like usual
>>
He wanted to become the most powerful wizard in history
>>
He woke up and realised he was in a terrible movie.
>>
File: prometheus.png (379 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.png
379 KB, 1024x576
He's got two personalities
Nicest guy you'll ever meet.
>>
File: 1457962353698.png (297 KB, 433x376) Image search: [Google]
1457962353698.png
297 KB, 433x376
>>67703981
TWISTED FUCKING PSCHOPATH
>>
Micheal told him something in his own language but it enraged him profoundly. Who knows what though. We'll never know. Maybe he found the idea of Androids to be abhorrent. Maybe Micheal told him that the other killed his family.
>>
reminder cameronfags will get triggered by the truth

Alien>>Alien3>>Prometheus>>Aliens>>AvP>AR
>>
>>67704415
I honestly think that AvP is miles better than Prometheus which is almost on par with Resurrection.

Prometheus had way way too many characters that you could actually care for any of them and by the time they were weeded down the movie is over.
Both had about equally many plotholes and the acting was similarly bad, but AvP is actually fun to watch with its idiotic action scenes and edgy dialogue, while Prometheus is exhausting and unenjoyable.

Overall Id go for
Alien>>>Alien 3>Alien 2>>AvP>Prometheus=Resurrection
>>
>>67704360
An engineer got killed by the Romans a few centuries ago
They were pretty fucking pissed
>>
>>67703916
An idiot wrote him.
>>
>>67704777
check out the fan edit
>>
>>67703916
i have a terrible feeling that we will never find out
>>
>>67704360
I read somewhere that is was exactly that. Man created Androids, which is blasphemy to Engineers who created organic sentient lifeforms.
>>
>>67703916
He's mad because we killed Jesus.

This is the official reason.
>>
Promtheus had been asleep for 2000 years, you can imagine he'd be pretty cranky when he wakes up
>>
File: ranked.jpg (38 KB, 444x592) Image search: [Google]
ranked.jpg
38 KB, 444x592
>>67704415
>>
>>67703916
He had intruders on his spaceship and killed them.
>>
He seemed even stupider than the humans, which is pretty tough considering how dumb the crew of Prometheus was.
>>
>>67703916
He was woken up by a creepy shriveled midget and a sexless abomination, and was immediatly demanded to break a taboo.
>>
I can never get over how stupid everyone in this movie was. I mean they were a handpicked super team of people to deal with a crazy space situation. it's like if everyone in the original Predator sucked at fighting even though they were elite hunters.
>>
>>67705697
It's quite literally a combo of these
>>67704930
>>67705344
Engs create organic Jesus, man kills him. Man creates silicon jesus, Eng kills him.

POTTERY
>>
>>67703916
He found out he wasn't like the previous incarnations of the Space Jockey.
>>67705628
>AvP: R over AvP AND Predators.

I am genuinely interested on why that your ranking.
>>
you would be mad if you were a bald ginger, too
>>
>>67705914
Predators is really bad mane.
>>
>>67705957
It is more competent than AvP:R. It expanded the Predator Universe a bit more with the inclusion of Alpha Predators (Who actually aren't that alpha because they rely on their tech more than regular Preds) and the idea of hunting planets where they just dump shit. AvP:R was trying to be a shock movie with two iconic figures in horror and manages to fail to bring the reason why we love the two damn creatures. I have a hate for the AvP:R movie for the hospital scenes alone.
>>
File: 1459275418875.jpg (110 KB, 852x1136) Image search: [Google]
1459275418875.jpg
110 KB, 852x1136
>Weyland-Yutani didn't make cute little boyslut androids who crossdress and give me access to their asspussy at any time whilst being a great asset to the team at the same time instead
>>
>>67706035

WHOOO
>>
File: simpsaliens2.jpg (32 KB, 554x393) Image search: [Google]
simpsaliens2.jpg
32 KB, 554x393
>>67705914
AvP was total crap. only the queen fight was ok. preds are full on steroid linebackers, tough black girl turns awesomo pred buddy, stupid ass antarctic pyramid. total shite.

predators was ok, but an inferior version of the first movie. i hate jewnose brody, the good pred vs bad pred schtik was a stupid way to have another "good" pred like in avp, and the weeaboo samurai fight with the yakuza was fucktarded inferior version of billy waiting by the bridge for the pred.

requiem had the stupidest human characters but it had a badassed heartless predator and was really a typical smalltown american horror movie with the aliens and preds doing the killing. except for being too dark to see it was a good movie.
>>
>It expanded the Predator Universe a bit more with the inclusion of Alpha Predators (...) and the idea of hunting planets where they just dump shit
Great but what does that have to do with the quality of filmmaking? It's just plot shit.
>>
>>67706107
I know you meant to reply to me, but I get your point.

I am not saying it was a good movie. Not by a long shot. It just had some ideas that worked while AvP:R had barely any ideas that worked at all (For example, the Pred-Alien would've been an excellent inclusion to the movie but they squandered it by making it the main focus of the Alien part of AvP.)

>>67706093
In agree with the Predator part of AvP:R.
>>
>>67705957
AvP:R is a million times worse. It's one of the worst theatrically-released movies I've ever seen.

Predators and AvP were just bleh.
>>
>>67704415
I actually agree.
>>
>>67703981
>>67703997
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>67704799

Under cooked toast.
>>
David's pronunciation of protoindoeuropean was slightly off, and he didnt use the correct pronouns.

As one of the original Aryans, it was his duty to destroy any inferiors who dared sully the hero's tongue with poor grammar. It was as if david had walked up to him and started hollering in ebonics and black twitter memes.

Also, he realised this was probly the beginning of a massive immigration of plebs who couldnt speak properly, and became enraged at the thought of a multicultural society.

-t. Linguist.
>>
>>67705628
thats the worst list ive ever seen
>>
Prometheus was literally trump dealing with illegal immigrants trying to board his ship
>>
>>67705628
Horseshit
>>
>>67704852
>>67705733
>>
I can't believe how shitty that movie was, on both levels...its script is so awful it reckons amateurish. It really sounds like a teenager wrote it. Absurd even. A crew of space explorers who are as dumb, immature and unprepared as students in a bad comedy movie; a interplanetary mission of years and probably billions of dollars based on an archeological drawing of 4 stars; a perfect genetical alignment between two completely different species; the unrelenting relationship between aliens and "engineers"; that god awful old character who conveniently appears out of nowhere in a ridiculous deus ex machina quest to scape death; the loose ends that seems endless, from characters with no importance to the " abortion" that have absolutely no correlation with what is going on currently... The list could go on. I was really astonished when I first watched it... Surprised that a movie could suck so hard, on so many levels, on such basic levels, from its very core plots to the whole thing. If it sucked any harder I would've orgasmed right then. The only thing thst kept me watching it was the curiosity of how shit it could actually get.
>>
>>67708407
Why my post was assigned a name? What the fuck? I put no name on it.
>>
>>67708449
What the fuck?! The fuck is this shit? AmI being granted random names now?
>>
>>67708476
This is getting ridiculous
>>
>>67708449

LOL FLYNN
>>
>>67708407

all of your criticisms are stupid and at least one of them is even objectively false. everyone who dislikes this movie is literally retarded.
>>
>>67707616
Only sensible answer ITT.
>>
>>67708537
I feel pitty for someone who genuinely, unironically enjoys that "movie". Tell me, allow me to measure your retardation, have you watched Alien, and if so, how do you like it?
>>
>>67708592

Prometheus is better than Alien in every way, though, to be fair, that's largely because Alien belongs to a terrible genre which appeals exclusively to drooling morons like yourself. My favorite part of your post was how you called Weyland being on the ship a deus ex machina even though his presence on the ship explains why the mission was funded despite it being a long shot. You're so dumb that one of your complaints is actually the explanation for another one of your complaints. Back to /pol/ you inbred shitposters.
>>
>>67703916

Really, really bad screen writing.
>>
>>67708746
>Prometheus is better than Alien
Oh I'm sorry, I thought we were being serious here. I suppose I fel for your bait.
But in case you aren't... I dread to think that, but in case you aren't joking... Than my friend you have a lot to learn about cinema. A long road ahead of you. Are you 12? It's like seeing a teen girl defending bieber.
Alien is a masterpiece, one of the few times where a horror/action/blockbuster met the standards of something serious and worth watching. It's a movie, above all, about the expectation, tge hovering enemy around the corner, the imminence of death. Space and aliens are just tools. Alien's core is so well written that the movie would work in any setting. No additional explanations are given because they are not needed. The movie is not about who are the aliens and what is that abandoned ship and what happened to the one sending the sos signal. Those explanations don't matter at all. That's one of the reasons why a movie who intended to explain that which does not need to be explained was bound to fail terribly. Mystery is a core key go alien. The unknown and undiscovered that appeal to a more basic and feral conflict that perpetrate the whole movie: to survive. To escape the inescapable. To flee from a cage locked with thecapex predator which until the very last scenes cannot even be seen entirely. The first sequel of the movie is ontological to its plot, and also already preludes how some viewers wont be able to grasp the movie potentiality. The opening and slow credit where letter by letter is shown in the surface of the planet. And then, us and only us, devoid of any character, shift through the ship, carried by the silent and unsuspiscious eye of the camera, peek through the empty corridors and rooms of the spsceship. For those brief seconds, we become the predator. The following threat, only to find ourselves runing away from it in the future.
>>
>I think the Engineer killed everyone BECAUSE OF David. The android might have represented an affront to their bio-engineering sensibilities, or to their standards of morality. David has basically surpassed his creators, and he is communicating with the Engineer -- not the frail humans.

>That may be akin to a genetically modified chimp -- think Planet of the Apes -- returning to us from space and have it’s own AI creation communicate with us rather than the monkeys (because they basically aren't intelligent enough). Now, a person of science would be intrigued. A person of church and deep theocratic faith would be enraged that the chimps would dare to play "God", the role of humanity.
>>
>The Engineers missed their mission date 2000 years ago, when human technology was not very advanced. He's awakened, on a military base, on his ship, by an intruding force obviously of a technology far advanced from the one he was getting ready to go wipe out on Earth at the start of the common era.

>A military man's only prudent action would be to strike first in an attempt to neutralize the alien, in this case human, threat.
>>
>>67704859
Fan edit of...?
>>
>>67703916
>engineer asks why they are here
>David tells him that Weyland wants to live longer
>engineer asks why
>Weyland explains that he's a God and Gods don't die
>engineer proves him wrong
>also, humans crucified an Engineer (Jesus) and so Engineers see them as a failed experiment that needs wiping out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVFYLf8_eI
>>
File: 1459417994822.jpg (192 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459417994822.jpg
192 KB, 1080x1080
>>67703916
He didn't have a good cunny.
>>
>>67709864
prometheus: giftbearer
>>
>>67709864
>>67710065
http://ifdb.digital-fanedit.com/prometheus-giftbearer/
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.