[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend of mine watched this at a private screening yesterday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
Friend of mine watched this at a private screening yesterday. He never played the games and thought it was a pretty cool movie with some nice twists.

Summary of what he said:
>Overall a lot better than the Hobbit movies but still pales in comparison with LOTR.
>CGI characters look really amazing, although there are shitty backgrounds in some scenes that distract you
>The soundtrack is amazing
>Dumbest thing in the movie is the forced relationship between the half-orc and the human
>Doesn't end in cliffhanger but has potential for sequels
>>
>>67703429
>>The soundtrack is amazing
Nice!
>>
Always move pre-screening ratings down at least one standard deviation of praise
>>
>shitty backgrounds

I was hoping g they'd have fixed that garbage by the final version... Looks fucking awful in the trailers. Greenscreen everywhere.
>>
>>67703642
Pre-screenings are typically not the final version. They often use the viewers feedback to make certain changes.
>>
>>67703429
If they managed to make a good movie out of the first war, the best material is yet to come so I have very high hopes for future sequels.

Glad to hear Duncan succeeded though. Can't wait for Ramin Djawadi's soundtrack!
>>
File: pre-screening reaction.jpg (892 KB, 6918x873) Image search: [Google]
pre-screening reaction.jpg
892 KB, 6918x873
>>67703429
>>
>>67703992
insane shilling
>>
>>67704028
Looks like a collection of screening reactions in a thread about a screening reaction to me.
>>
>>67704028
thx for the bump
>>
>>67703593
>a lot better than the hobbit movies
please the extended versions are kino, BOTFA is a true rated r swordkino

top tier
fellowship of the ring extended
two towers extended
battle of the five armies extended

comfy tier
an unexpected journey extended
return of the king extended
desolation of smaug extended
>>
>>67704158
Retard detected.
>>
>>67703429
Vidyacine has begun.
>>
>>67703992
OP here, this is not shilling.

Additional information:
>Despite being a decent movie, you should NOT bring people who are uninterested in fantasy to this movie. Most women and older people won't enjoy this, it's a movie for nerds and kids.

>Also, the violence is kinda extreme for PG-13. While most human deaths are offscreen and you can only hear the sound of people being crushed / sliced, there's a lot of orc violence shown (green blood flying everywhere, beheadings and onscreen crushing of bones).
>>
File: 1459159329398.gif (547 KB, 291x589) Image search: [Google]
1459159329398.gif
547 KB, 291x589
>>67704380
Could the Warcraft movie pave the way for vidyakino?
>>
>>67704511
no JJ will do that with Portal and Half Life
>>
>>67704435
>Also, the violence is kinda extreme for PG-13.

That's good.
>>
>>67704511
fuck off charles
>>
>>67703429
>>Overall a lot better than the Hobbit movies
Except visuals, and script.
>>67704435
>OP here, this is not shilling.
Nice try.
>>
>>67705121
>I'm so threatened by the possibility of this movie being good

Kek
>>
no one would bother shilling wc.
its a fucking warcraft movie, literally anyone who has played even 1 game will go see this movie, guaranteed, and thats not even adding the millions of blizz fanboys who still sub to WoW and buy heartstone cards.

a manshilling this movie is an impossibility, the movie name shills itself.
>>
>>67705300
bbbut muh star wars shills
>>
>>67704158
>battle of the five armies extended

I would not even reserve this torture for the 9th circle of Hell
>>
>>67705197
$0.001 have been deposited into your paypal
>>
>>67705351
its rated R

and desolation extended was good
>>
>>67705382
>its rated R

Yeah, R for "Are you going to kill yourself if you watch this movie any longer?"
>>
>>67703429
Can you give a summary, how does it end
>>
>>67704435
Tell us more nigga
>>
>>67704435
Doesnt surprise me that theres a ton of green blood it says rated pg 13 for intense fantasy violence
>>
FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>67703429
3 for 3 Duncan does it again
>>
First kino tier vidya movie.
Capeshit is finished.

Expect posts upon posts of "Based Duncan" from now on.
>>
>>67704580
>a movie a character just walking, moving boxes and listening to monologues
>>
>>67707312
portal isn't really about characters. It's about how the world is revealed to the player. And puzzles.
>>
>>67707381
Well it's about 1 character.

That character being GLaDOS.

I feel like even if they somehow make a movie, Chell has to remain mute to actually capture Portal's atmosphere.
>>
>>67707312
you still can make it look pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1m5_n9P9w&t=34
>>
>>67703429
>Dumbest thing in the movie is the forced relationship between the half-orc and the human
I doubt that it would matter much desu, given how the story plays out.
>>
>>67703429
Thanks for telling us information we all extracted from the trailer.
>>
360 pan of guldan stepping onto the battlefield and casting an AoE spell that incinerates humans into corpses
>>
garonas pussy smells like shit
>>
>>67703429
>Doesn't end in cliffhanger but has potential for sequels
No shit, they have 2 more direct sequels probably already written and ready to go if this does well
>>
File: 0a0.jpg (45 KB, 581x298) Image search: [Google]
0a0.jpg
45 KB, 581x298
>>
>>67703727
>>67703642

Stop the fucking meme that it's gonna get better. It's not. There's not enough time for significant changes.

Name ONE fucking movie that improved in this way.
>>
>>67704435
>green blood flying everywhere, beheadings and onscreen crushing of bones
nice
>>
>>67703429
>Does stormwind burn in the end?

>Is garona killed / will she actually betray and kill LLane?

>Durotan / Draka death?

>Medivh Death?
>>
>>67707103
Should have been Based Duncan posts since Moon.
>>
>>67703429
>>Overall a lot better than the Hobbit movies

8 words to say nothing
>>
>>67703429
>8 hour long thread
>not even 50 replies
Not even shills can mantain these threads alive.
>>
File: Gerty.png (629 KB, 795x550) Image search: [Google]
Gerty.png
629 KB, 795x550
>>67703429
Just found out that the guy that did Moon and Source code is the writer.
This will bomb so hard in America I dont even want to think about it,I am willing to bet it will do great in Asia tho.
>>
>>67709488
BvS
>>
>>67717424
No chinks and no asian culture = automatic bomb in China.
Even BvS has only made 50 million in there.
>>
>>67717424
This is going to bomb everywhere because nobody gives a fuck about garbage videogame movies no matter how hard it gets shilled in this board.
Even the Warcraft community forgot about it the moment the trailer it came out and everyone realized what this turd was going to look like.
>>
>>67717604
fair enough

>>67717568
90% of the wow players are chinks no matter what Activision is telling us.
If they go to watch it once and bring at least one person with them they may earn few bucks.
>>
LITTLE HUMAN DICK
>>

Oh fucking really? I wanted that bromance more than everything, I love male friendship in movies god damn it I was really looking forward to this
>>
>>67703429
>has potential for sequels
that's an understatement
>>
>>67705121
Better script than the Hobbit? That shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
Also you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>67705300
Yeah, the Blizzard fan loyalty is pretty extreme. Hearthstone became an esport despite being balanced for casual players and randomness. Overwatch will probably become an esport despite the fact that it's pretty easy mechanically.

Blizzard just makes things that look nice and people buy them. Though this movie at least has Duncan Jones so I expect it to be better than average blizz quality
>>
>>67706431
Look up The First War on google and you'll see. There will be some variations because it's an adaptation, but I'm sure the characters that die in the original story still die, and the overall ending of the war will be the same.
>>
>>67717351
god damn you people are paranoid. For every actual shill there are probably 500 posts whining about shills. You guys vastly overestimate the interest studios have in paying people to post on a mongolian basket weaving forum.
>>
>>67717756
>bromance
the half orc is a chick
>>
>tfw no Orc husbando
>>
>>67703727
>b-but it's just a BETA
>>
>>67704435
>While most human deaths are offscreen and you can only hear the sound of people being crushed / sliced
What the fucking fuck, is it gonna be a fking kiddy movie like the Gobbit ?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.