[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Saw God's Not Dead 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: gnd2.png (109 KB, 491x268) Image search: [Google]
gnd2.png
109 KB, 491x268
As a movie, it's much better constructed than the first. Instead of a million subplots, there's a consistent main plot with only a few egregious subplots. And though the script is still dreck, the actors are much more charismatic this time around. Perhaps all of this is because unlike the first movie, God's Not Dead 2 is a hammy, hokey courtroom drama rather than the film version of that college professor copypasta that 4chan has been making fun of for years with that parody. You know, the one about the liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer and abortion doctor.

But still, it's a faith-based movie that panders to American Christians who believe their rights are in jeopardy. The film still twists and lies about the logic of reality to affirm their narrative that anyone who isn't a believer hates Jesus and wants to remove Christianity from society. It's a sad reflection of how people like this acknowledge where their religion comes from, and yet fail to acknowledge they're not a thing like that. The Jesus tradition was taught in desperate times and places to people who faced legitimate persecution and hardship. It was a religion for those like Martin Luther King, who used faith to inspire the Civil Rights Movement against a government and society that treated his people as subhuman.

This people who watch this movie want to act like they are that persecuted, but in reality, they're lily-white megachurch goers whose only real enemy is the one they make up: the eeeeeeeevil secularists in our schools and government who want to banish them from the public eye.

Fun fact: at my college? There's been a huge display at the center of campus where people unaffiliated with the school are erecting giant signs showing Holocaust and slavery imagery right alongside aborted fetuses, and saying that abortion is just like genocide. It's been going on for two days, and nobody has tried to remove them.

Just thought you should know :)
>>
>>67701652
So do they convert the POTUS to Christianity at the end of the movie?
>>
>>67701756
Better. The ACLJEW
>>
odd that there were so many of these religious movies 2 years ago. I'm not really religious, but I saw Noah and honestly enjoyed it despite its quite significant flaws. God's Not Dead just looked like dreck to me though.

Kind of excited for the Ben Hur remake coming this summer though.
>>
>>67702159
Noah was such a disappointment for me, I expected so much more from Aronofsky. I kept waiting for the R-rated directors cut that would be the "true" vision but it never came. It seems the pg-13 cut is the one he truly wanted to make.
>>
>>67701652
Sounds exactly what I expected
Can't wait to watch it ironically with my gf
>>
Protestants and movies don't mix well
>>
God's Not Dead 2: God's Not Deader
>>
What college OP? My college had the exact same people with abortion signs=holocaust. Might be the same school we go to.
>>
>But still, it's a faith-based movie that panders to American Christians who believe their rights are in jeopardy.

But that's exactly what is going on, atheists are bedfellows with muslims, just look at what's going on in Europe
>>
>>67702451
I liked its world that was both pre-historic and post-apocalyptic, never really seen that done before. Things kind of went to shit after the flood started though, and it was WAY too long but I still liked it.

I also liked the way they portrayed god as not only unknowable but seemingly incapable of communicating with humans on human terms.
>>
I don't get how you could not have a more consistent main plot in a school-based setting. Schools are already places for a variety of characters participating in singular events, so how the first movie screwed up that basic factor is still ridiculous.

>>67702767
I remember 2 years ago back in one of my English classes when the first God's Not Dead movie was released. It somehow made my professor go into a 2-day long tirade about how the vast variety of stars were proof of a heaven. The majority of the students agreed with her and egged her on. A similar thing happened months later at the same university with my Ecology professor, only he went on a 25-minute rant about how the government was going against the church by saying that school prayer should be a secular, non-required activity.

Whenever people say that college campuses are a breeding ground for contrariness and 'liberal brainwashing,' they've likely never been to one.
>>
>>67703402
>Whenever people say that college campuses are a breeding ground for contrariness and 'liberal brainwashing,' they've likely never been to one.
it seems like it depends on the school more than anything else, some places get ridiculously into the PC culture stuff and some don't. Do you go to a christian college? The school I went to was hardly a liberal bastion but a professor saying those things seems almost unthinkable.
>>
>>67703402
What school?
>>
>>67702864
But I'm an atheist and I hate mudslimes.
>>
>>67701989
Ahh good. Who needs civil rights when you can have jesus.
Glad this movie is flopping.
>>
>>67702864
I think you need to go see a doctor.
>>
Reminder BvS is gonna crush this weekend again. And the first God's not Dead made 60 million bucks on a $1,000,000 budget.
>>
>>67703122
That's why I said it was disappointing, there was so much potential there and I think a lot of it was squandered on "big blockbuster" moments. Like did the boarding the ark scene really need to be the drawn out 20 minute epic helms deep shit?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.