[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, we're all rooting for the Captain, right? His philopshy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (511 KB, 580x780) Image search: [Google]
image.png
511 KB, 580x780
So, we're all rooting for the Captain, right?

His philopshy is unquestionable, because it is rooted in Judeo-Christian values. You agree with it whether you consciously like it or not.

Tony just wants to control things and act autonomouslay. Yet, develops PTSD and can't handle it.
>>
do either of these characters stand for fuckall or have any characterization beyond meme quips and punching?
>>
Of course. Cap is the best hero.
>>
>>67699249
we're rooting for you to go back to r*ddit
>>
we don't like critically acclaimed super hero franchises only panned kino for us intelligent beings
>>
>>67699272
Captain america basically stands for the best old school american ideals while not having the darker side of american history be part of him.

It's not even actually rooted in Judeo-Christian values but it definitely coincides with them.
>>
File: Avengers Casualities.png (846 KB, 1052x496) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Casualities.png
846 KB, 1052x496
>>67699249
Tony's side makes no sense. So, only 74 people were killed during that alien invasion in New York thanks to the Avengers. What was the government plan for that? Nuke the entire thing and kill millions.

Stark himself carried that nuke to outer space, and now he thinks the government is more prepared to deal with these threats than the Avengers? Cap is right "We're not perfect, but the safest hands are still our own".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dc3aQOhvKw
>>
>>67699827
those casualties, what in the fuck
>>
File: 1457748838229.jpg (159 KB, 1092x567) Image search: [Google]
1457748838229.jpg
159 KB, 1092x567
>>67699827
>>
>>67699249
Tony doesn't want to act autonomously, he wants big govt to step in and tell heroes how to hero. Fucking awful.
>>
>>67699827
Which is why Tony is being played off as the bad guy.

This is the same dude that created fucking Ultron. Marvel knows they fucked up on that front, so there's no sense in hiding the fact that Tony at this point is going full cunt in Civil War.

He'll redeem himself at some point.
>>
>>67699827
yea, tony is just a retard who cant handle his own mistakes
its not that captain is any good, but he isnt a retard liek tony
>>
Why is Iron Man becoming more and more unlikable every movie. He's pretty much a villain at this point.
>>
>>67699827
And Cap's side does make sense? He's basically fighting for Project Insight, only he's in charge of it, because he knows best. Not like that mean ol gubmint
>>
>>67699827
Let's not forget that the american government was just infiltrated by fucking nazis that almost pulled off a plan that if not for Captain America would have resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of american deaths and turned it into a police state.
>>
File: pollandbot.jpg (685 KB, 700x1080) Image search: [Google]
pollandbot.jpg
685 KB, 700x1080
>>67699827
>casualties 177
avengers pls
>>
>>67699827
Really dued?

That tv spot makes Cap look like an unrepeatant arrogant dickwad

Oh the safest hands are your white American ones huh?
>>
>>67699827
Those casualties have to be hundreds. There's no way only 23 people died after hydra took hostage and murdered all of those shield agents, crashed 3 helicarriers and and the psuedo pentagon tower. Not to mention Edward James Olmos' ship fro agents of shield and all of the other shield bases. More people probably died onscreen.

For reference about 3 thousand people died on 9/11. Seems a similar level of devastation.
>>
>>67699249
But Cap's the one who's fighting to act autonomously.
>>
>>67700048
I think they unintentionally did a good job of that. I liked him in IM1, not so much in 2 because 2 really sucked, didn't like him in Avengers, was neutral during 3 and really disliked him in AoU. He lost a lot of his charm and just became a cunt
>>
>>67700066
That should be an argument FOR regulation. HYDRA's whole deal was "pose as a heroic organization and get people you hand you more and more trust and authority". The Avengers having unchecked authority to do whatever they want would be making the same mistake all over again.
>>
>>67699967
Da fuq is that?
>>
Tony - Created Ultron
Cap - Created Crossbones

I have a feeling the Crossbones/Cap fight will be one of the opening scenes and will be the reason they bring Cap in to sign that registration.
>>
>>67700225
The problem ultimately is who will be regulating? Those are the positions future hostiles will target and captain doesn't like the idea of Hydra using these types of programs to control what heroes can and can't do.

At this point captain america basically doesn't trust the american government if you can't tell.
>>
>>67700253
>created Crossbones
Crossbones is a dude who didn't like Cap, got beat up by Cap, tried to kill Falcon and had a building fall on him. How did Cap create him?
>>
>>67700101

They are probably only counting Civilian Casualties
>>
Screencap this:
Civil War will be shit and James Gunn will direct Infinity War.
>>
>>67700233
Star Wars 7 Totally Not Deathstar blowing a planet up.
>>
>>67699249
The comic books are written so that Capt is seen as the protagonist whilst Stark is the antagonist.

The same reason this is a Captain America film and not an Avengers film.
>>
>>67699272
no
>>
>>67700324
But the Accords aren't by the American government. They're by the UN.

If Cap refuses to listen to any rules at all, he's setting a really dangerous precedent.
>>
>>67701145
What exactly is his problem with authority? Even in TFA he never really listened to anyone.
>>
File: 1269655715903.jpg (87 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1269655715903.jpg
87 KB, 800x450
>>67699249
>His philopshy is unquestionable, because it is rooted in Judeo-Christian values.

There is nothing "Judeo" about it.
>>
>>67699827
so like, in all of these catastophic events across the MCU less than 1000 people died. What the fuck, how do normies buy into this shit. Remember when Hulk and Abomination punched fuck out of each other in the middle of Harlem and literally nobody died.
>>
File: Beast.jpg (25 KB, 250x330) Image search: [Google]
Beast.jpg
25 KB, 250x330
>Judeo-Christian
>Implying Islam isn't in the same family
>>
>>67700689
The comic book is also about identity and protecting heroes loved ones.

Not about liability for the destruction your actions cause, or putting Cap above the law when it comes to aiding (thought to be) terrorists
>>
>>67701226
People died during the Abomination attack.
>>67700101
They chickened out thanks to MOS. They are not willing to get called "Avengers of blood".
>>
Hi there, I'm on Starks side. He's not a reactionary like Steve. He actively tries to change things. That's commendable. Even if he fails sometimes. (Ultron) He always makes progress. (Vision)

He's an opportunist. Which is the only sensible way to live.

Ideals are for children. Men adapt to circumstances or at least try to change them.

Vote Tony Stark for President. He will make the Avengers great again!

Thank you.
>>
>>67699272
they do you buzzword using retard
>>
>judeo-Christian
You guys are aware that both superman and captain america were conceived and are fdr era new dealer heroes right? I don't know why conservatives try to claim them as their own.
>>
>>67701282
>Islam
>values
>>
>>67701486
>are fdr era new dealer heroes

Did this make sense in your head before you typed it?
>>
>>67701443
spot the capecuck
>>
>>67701554
here's your (you)
>>
>>67699249
As pure and innocent as he is, I'm afraid I'll have to side with Tony.
I'm hobbesian that way.
>>
>>67701541
What part of that is wrong?
>>
>>67701577
Can I have one too?
>>
>>67701498
But they do have values. Did you know that if a man drinks his wife's breast milk, their marriage is nullified?
That's islam for you.
>>
>>67701599
>pure and innocent

How? Because hes a virgin? Hes literally putting the law in his own hands for "muh frend"

If that was Tony friend, Cap would be all for putting him on trial
>>
>>67701655
>If that was Tony friend, Cap would be all for putting him on trial
Comic Cap would do that, Movie Cap is more soft.
>>
>>67699996
It's annoying, because Tony is/was supposed to be the ultimate conservative, except the liberal cucks that write this shit clearly don't realise conversatives hate big government.
>>
>>67701613
yes :^)
>>
>>67701655
Law=/=morality
>>
>>67701738
They only hate big government when it's trying to regulate their business or make them pay taxes. If big government is doing things they like they're all for it.
>>
crossbones and spiderman are in the movie

he's dead as fuck
>>
>>67701802
But Spiderman is going to join him after he says the name Ben because that's how things work now.
How strong is Crossbones?
>>
File: Byran Cranstien.jpg (406 KB, 1000x1332) Image search: [Google]
Byran Cranstien.jpg
406 KB, 1000x1332
>>67699249
>>67699827
>The only right-wing superhero
>played as the irrational bad guy
Of fucking course
>>
>>67699249
Fascism >> freedom/cap's libertarianism

I stand with Iron Man
>>
>>67701738
Please, comics Tony would trigger /pol/ considering he basically murders a more racist Timothy Mcveigh stand in within the extremis arc to protect some government officials and calls him out on being a backwards loser.
>>
>>67701887
>cap
>libertarian
'no'
Thank fucking god for that as well. He's a Steinbeck-esque liberal.
>>
>>67701834
crossbones is just a guy. you know that dude that fought cap in the elevator in Winter Soldier? Thats cross bones, he suffers some kind of accident or whatever and wears armor and tries to kill cap

thats about it
>>
>>67702006
Well that's disappointing.
>>
>>67702006
It's not like Zemo is going to inject him a serum.
>>
>>67702024
meh could be cool
>>
>>67702063
>he only appears in the opening before the credits even begin, Bond-style
So what can Zemo do?
>>
>>67699249
Cap's so fucking awesome, I hate capeshit but I love this Cap, legit one of my favorite characters in cinema.
>>
Captain America is the best hero of the three main Avengers because he's the only one with actual conflict. Thor's conflict was that he was arrogant and he fixed that in the first movie. Iron Man's conflict was that he was an asshole and he fixed that in the first movie. Cap's conflict is that everyone he knows is dead and he's stuck in the future and he has to deal with his robot best friend and yadda yadda, still not dealt with entirely.
>>
>>67701834
Crossbones kills cap in CW canon.
>>
>>67701885
>Right wing advocating for more government

ayy
lmao
>>
>>67702217
It's not like they have the balls to kill him off here.
>>
>>67702221
Just like in real life. Brilliant, we've finally achieved capekino.
>>
>>67701834
Spiderman isn't switching sides, they confirmed that already.
>>
>>67702371
Well excuuuuuse me, princess. I don't need everything spoiled for me before the movie comes out.
>>
>>67699272

butthurt dcuck detected
>>
>>67702305
Says who?
You're probably right, tho.
>>
>>67702305
Well he wants Robert Downhere Jr money to act, wants to direct and only has 1 movie left on his contract after Civil War, where as Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie has 7 and "multiple" movies left after Civil War.

You think the jews at Disney will want to shill out when they could be paying no-names and making the brand larger. You think these manbabies who watch this shit wont continue to buy Captain America merchandise in 5 years if they kill him off?
>>
>>67702591
I watch this shit and I never bought any merchandise. Now that I think about it I never paid for the movies, either.
But if they DO kill off Cap, that would be great. It would elevate the franchise a little.
>>
>>67702692
Theres no space for Cap and Ironman standalone movies anymore.

Phase 4 will be *mostly* new Avengers, I think they hint at that pretty hard at the end of Age of Ultron.
>>
>>67702692
Spiderman, Black Panther and Bucky will likely be the new big 3 to replace Ironman, Cap and Thor after Infinity Wars. That combined with Antman, Wasp, Dr Strange, Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch (maybe) would take a lot of the movie slots so they arent competing. Like someone said, Cap is big enough that he will still be making Marvel money for years to come, same as Ironman.
>>
>>67699249
Cap isn't always right or perfect. Even in the MCU he's shown to be very stubborn and will often put his own well being on the line to save a friend. TWS show cased this extremely well. When Falcon tried to get him to realize that he might not be able to save his former friend. But that wasn't an option for Steve. It will be interesting to see if Civil War paints Cap's team as being 100% in the right and Tony and Co. in the wrong. I'm guessing no.
>>
>>67701738
I guess he's become Irony Man
>>
I'm not even American and I side with Cap
>>
Why does Cap get all the best Waifus?
Emily VK > Peggy Atwell > ScarJo > Natalie Portman > Gwenyth Paltrow
>>
>>67699249
>rooting for the guy with blonde hair and blue eyes

ur rasis

u nazi

remember Holocaust
gib money
>>
Are they not going to blow up an elementary school like in the comics?
>>
>>67703596
No, a UN building.
>>
File: TJtyxYa.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
TJtyxYa.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>>67703596
No itll probably start with Crossbones murdering a buncha soldiers to get to Cap while hes on a mission somewhere, specifically a backwards country that they still have Milo in
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.