[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are his best films? Where do i start with this legend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Robert_Redford.jpg (185 KB, 800x1165) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Redford.jpg
185 KB, 800x1165
What are his best films? Where do i start with this legend.
>>
>>67697887
Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid
>>
Captain America and the winter soldier
>>
Three Days of the Condor.
>>
>>67697971
TDC was preachy liberal bullshit. But a good spy thriller anyway.

If you like Blue on Blue morality plays that are also good spy thrillers and star Robert Redford, try Spy Games.
>>
He's always bugged me. He's not like a super great actor or anything. The Candidate, All The President's Men, and Three Days of the Condor are all good though.
>>
Jeremiah Johnson was a good outdoorsy movie and The Natural is a good baseball movie. I was surprised to see he was in The Winter Soldier too.
>>
>>67697887
The hek is in his eyebrow?
>>
File: Sneakers-Poster.jpg (75 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Sneakers-Poster.jpg
75 KB, 600x900
>>
>>67697971
Is he related to Brad Pitt? Holy shit the resemblance
>>
lmaoo
>>
The Sting?
>>
>>67701726
+1
>>
File: 22-big-short-pitt.w529.h352.jpg (41 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
22-big-short-pitt.w529.h352.jpg
41 KB, 529x352
JUST
>>
File: Kek.jpg (24 KB, 356x259) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
24 KB, 356x259
>>
>>67697901
For a minute there, I thought we were in trouble
>>
the sting, jeremiah johnson, and sneakers are my favorite films of his
>>
Hello, Robert Redford is my favorite actor. I think it;s his clean-cut, all American good guy charm that I like so much about him. I haven't seen all of his movies so here are my scatter brain thoughts on some that I have seen.

BEST MOVIES:
'Barefoot in the Park', 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', 'Tell Them Willie Boy is Here', 'Downhill Racer', 'The Candidate', 'The Sting', 'Three Days of the Condor', 'All the President's Men', 'The Natural', 'Sneakers', 'All is Lost', 'A Walk in the Woods'

WORST MOVIES(/not that great):
'Legal Eagles', 'The Horse Whisperer', 'The Company You Keep', 'Truth'

EXTENDED THOUGHTS:
I didn't really like 'All the President's Men' too much because just like 'The Titanic' and 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom', I already know what is going to happen because of real life. However, the chemistry between Redford and Dustin Hoffman is pure magic. I've tried to watch 'Inside Daisy Clover' several times but I just can't get into it. Which is really strange because I love Natalie Wood and Redford together in 'This Property Is Condemned'. (In my perfect world Natalie married Redford not Wagner). I found 'Spy Game' pretty hard to watch only because it kept cutting to a new shot every 4 seconds. I liked Redford's little role in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'. It was a fun nod back to his old espionage movies. . I'm looking forward to seeing 'The Electric Horseman' and 'Out of Africa' next. Finally, I'm not sure how to feel about his up coming appearance in 'Pete's Dragon', but I;m sure it will be good. I might check it out.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.
>>
All The President's Men, ofc
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.