[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pi(1998)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Pi poster.jpg (264 KB, 799x1182) Image search: [Google]
Pi poster.jpg
264 KB, 799x1182
What the fuck did I just watch? Explain this shit. Did people enjoy this?
>>
Yeah, I don't know. It was pretty boring.
>>
I remember this movie was about greedy jews looking for a magic number
>>
Everyone ranted and raved what an excellent movie this was. Then Aronofsky did requiem for a Dream two years later, and suddenly no one could remember Pi.

Movie was weird. It was around the time I started going to art houses and independent theaters.
>>
Top notch soundtrack!
>>
>>67695967
It's about people searching for 'the meaning' of life, and how desperate and obsessive people can become in attempt to find it. In the end, it's sort of trying to say that ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>67695967
Through the 70's to 90's in occult circles Kabbalah was put on this pedestal of mystical systems considered so potent that visions and transformations from it will drive someone insane if they're not ready. It's a naive stance now for people into that sorta thing. But Aronofsky was capitalizing on that niche.
>>
This movie was cool because I used to be paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>67695997
2nded
>>
Joe's Apartment, but after dropping enough acid that the cockroaches look like ants.
>>
>>67695967
>>67695997
>>67696019
>>67696065
Plebs failing their patrician test, the world keeps spinning, what else is new?
>>
>>67696122

This. I thought the message was pretty straightforward even if the story was mindfuck.
>>
>>67695967
Be honest OP, you're a dish network subscriber right?
>>
>>67697221
don't even know that is.

did the image i use have dish network in the EXIF dataa or something.
>>
...it's pretty straight forward.

Max, the central character, is a mathematician who hypothesizes everything in and of nature demonstrates patterns. Therefore, the stock market, as a giant composition of natural minds, must demonstrate a pattern as well. In trying to discover it, he comes across a 216 digit number later revealed to be the true name of God, a knowledge that slowly kills him until he drills into his brain .
>>
A Drill is objectively the best power tool
>>
read more until you don't need to ask people to explain movies
>>
>>67695967
>Aronofsky
they only pretended to like it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.