[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max Landis is at it again >http://deadline.com/2016/03/m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: max-landis-1_edited-1.jpg (136 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
max-landis-1_edited-1.jpg
136 KB, 446x299
Max Landis is at it again

>http://deadline.com/2016/03/max-landis-bradley-cooper-deeper-kornel-mundruczo-1201728949/
>In the drama, a disgraced astronaut embarks on a mission to reach the bottom of a newly discovered oceanic trench, theorized to be the lowest point on planet Earth. He encounters an increasing level of danger, and soon finds himself in a psychological (and physical) fight against mysterious forces. Landis is producing with David Goyer, a coproduction between Phantom Four and Addictive Pictures. Also producing are Kevin Turen for Phantom 4 and Russell Ackerman and John Schoenfelder for Addictive.

Can he be stopped?
>>
Max Landis is our boy
>>
I like when he appeared on life and times of tim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38D8hXPbxlo
>>
>>67695928
Kek
>>
>>67695928

Time to marathon life and times of tim again
>>
I unironically enjoy his work.
>>
Gravity: Underwater

bravo Max
>>
>>67696060
Kill yourself.
>>
>David Goyer
>>
File: 1450855499545.gif (3 MB, 636x213) Image search: [Google]
1450855499545.gif
3 MB, 636x213
>>67695834
Could be interesting, It's about time we have another spooky ocean film. Dunno about Goyer however.
>>
>>67696140
>ageofultron.gif
>>
>David Goyer
>>
>>67696060
hi, max
>>
>>67695834
I wish max landis would die, this faggot needs to be put against the wall.
>>
Why the fuck does Goyer keep getting work?

His best film was mostly written by jonathan nolan and he takes most of the credit for TDK anyway
>>
File: bradley.jpg (142 KB, 1000x574) Image search: [Google]
bradley.jpg
142 KB, 1000x574
Honestly I have no fucking clue how he keeps getting work because even eventually nepotism fails but I still have hope for this piece of shit.
>>
How does this guy still find work?

His last 6 movies have been absolute financial disasters.
>>
File: children died for this.jpg (308 KB, 1459x960) Image search: [Google]
children died for this.jpg
308 KB, 1459x960
>>67695834
>>
>>67696201
>nepotism fails

If that was true, there wouldn't be anyone left in Hollywood tbqh-family-desu-no-ktsurawatomihitchi
>>
>>67696190
Goyer I can kind of understand because even though his movies are shitty they mostly make a decent amount of money.

Landis' films have no redeeming return. They perform horribly at the box office and critics hate them.

I think this is just another example of businesses putting WAAY too much clout in social media.
>>
>>67695834
Sooo it's basically the same plot as The Abyss?
>>
>>67695834

sounds like it's gonna be this, some madman actually let him make it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9nL22iKUFs

BRAVO MAX!
>>
>>67696259
>Goyer I can kind of understand because even though his movies are shitty they mostly make a decent amount of money.
What was the last thing he wrote that wasn't someone else's IP? I'm genuinely curious how he works when he has no one else's characters to ruin.
>>
>>67695834
Literally our boy.
>>
>>67696308
he did it

the absolute madman!!!

max is a madman!
>>
File: AF0rtJO.jpg (43 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
AF0rtJO.jpg
43 KB, 800x475
> a picture that will star Will Smith
>>
>>67696341
I think Goyer is aware of this and deliberately avoids auteur work
>>
>>67695834
I haven't really seen a ton of his stuff professionally, but he has one of the better YouTube channels out there.
Wrestling Isn't Wrestling and The Death and Return of Superman are two of my favorite videos
>>
>>67695834

I really hope Max brings Mike and Jay into the Hollywood fold.
>>
>>67696452
monkey's paw you motherfucker
>>
>>67696308
Fuck him for dissing The Village. Shyamalan's best next to Signs. What a fucking faggot
>>
>>67696452
Max is our guy, Mike and Jay are our guys. Our guys stick together
>>
>>67696433
you need to go back to /co/ anon
>>
>>67696249
No way with the exception of actors who still gets by from their parents?

Even Sofia Coppola's career tank
>>
>>67696516
how about her cousin nic
>>
Max Landis is a literal fucking fag who's never made a good movie. Hey, Max, since I know you're probably reading this, I just wanna say, you're a fucking hack.
>>
it's going to be unbearable how much the people on /r/screenwriting suck up to him now in hopes of max helping them out
>>
>>67696595
it's good that you want attention from this ugly dude with a tiny dick
>>
>>67696308
5:05
>"DIE!"
>"No..."
>full on autism reaction
>>
Why does hollywood only greenlight his terrible ideas? It's clear chronicle was the only thing he was remotely competent at, why didnt they just tell him to rewrite the sequel if they didnt like hia first draft
>>
>>67696636
>Max, do you have any tips?
>Kill some kids. Or have your Dad do it. Either way, kill some kids. Also, know famous people.
>You have given /u/uptomyknees one month of reddit gold!
>>
How does Max keep getting away with it? I know John was pretty successful in his day, but I didn't realize he still had THIS much pull in Hollywood.
>>
>>67696308
I was expecting it to be lovecraftian up until the ring.
>>
>>67696793
I was expecting someone to punch his shit in when he went there
>>
>>67696711
it's basically akira anyway
>>
>>67695834
>catch lighting twice

He hasn't even caught it the first time.
>>
>>67696987
>3 million dollars in his pocket
>>
>>67697089
That's Daddy's money. Not his.
>>
>>67695834
Shit, Landis AND Goyer? That's going to be some quality cinema.
>>
>>67695834

so he get paid to do a remake of The Abyss but he doesn't call it that way because remakes are so uncool, fake OC is the new safe bet in hollywood
>>
>>67697089
As much success as Max is having, I think his Dad is pocketing a lot of this money. He would have to swing some major dick in Hollywood to keep this train on the tracks, because you can't critically and commercially fail like he does and stay alive without pressure somewhere.

Screenwriters are a dime a dozen when you compare the quality to what Max puts out. If his last name wasn't Landis he'd be back to doing shorts on YouTube.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYh6Fi6oWpo
>>
>>67695834
>It's a Max believes he's a visionary but the suits at the studio and director team up to destroy his screenplay episode.

How many times is this goof gonna fall and have his Daddy pick him up?
>>
>>67696308
Abyss meets Barjavel's La nuit des temps meets Solaris.

He's a loser
>>
Max should write books. I like his ideas but they don't seem to translate to film all that well.
>>
this isnt the one about his new LOTR trilogy set in modern times is it
>>
>>67697198
No retard, he sold a script for 3 million last week.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.