[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a somebody got desperate and gave rygel a weapon episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: FS Rygel.png (1 MB, 989x757) Image search: [Google]
FS Rygel.png
1 MB, 989x757
>it's a somebody got desperate and gave rygel a weapon episode
>>
I'm on episode 11 first season. It's a great show with awesome ideas and characters, but for some reason I feel like it's slowed down. Is it just me, or am I a hopeless pleb?
>>
>>67695744

No, it's got some awkward pacing, and I needed to take a break half way through when I first watched it.

Just rewatching some episodes and remembering how amazing the unique the show is. I'd say it's the best muppet related thing ever done, but most muppet fans would skin me for saying so.
>>
>>67695744
No, there's nothing wrong with you. The first season is by far the slowest and has the most bad episodes.

Season 2 has a couple shit episodes but its overall quality is better, and I'd say 3 of the top 5 episodes are from that season.

Seasons 3 and 4 are much more consistent and have more plot episodes.
>>
>>67696032
>>67696400
cool, gonna watch a few right now. and i had no idea it was henson company production, i never would have thought. the sets and costumes and writing are incredible, only the cgi looks dated but it fits in with the show. why didnt this become a cult hit like dr who? i feel like a lot of fans would overlap
>>
File: crichton.jpg (66 KB, 298x600) Image search: [Google]
crichton.jpg
66 KB, 298x600
Crichton is the most bland characterless lead in any Sci-Fi show. It's really awful, he's like a silent protagonist in a JRPG
>>
>>67697116
b8
>>
i like him so far. but yeah i haven't seen much development since the beginning, then again im not far in. the episode where that wizard puts him in the arena with crais was really interesting. that was my favorite so far
>>
>>67697344
meant for
>>67697116
>>
>>67697097
It had a pretty die hard following, it had its own con for years after the show was cancelled. I don't know why the fan base never got bigger.
>>
>>67697344

Crichton is a great lead character.

His sense of humor and "Earthling" references are only made better by the fact that everyone else has an Australian accent and he constantly talks about American pop culture.

I know Guardians of the Galaxy is based on capeshit that probably predated Farscape, but it really feels like they took a lot from Crichton with the main guy in that movie.
>>
File: farscape-32199588-2362-3543.jpg (2 MB, 2362x3543) Image search: [Google]
farscape-32199588-2362-3543.jpg
2 MB, 2362x3543
>>67695744
You have to understand that the writers, producers and crewmembers were still trying to figure shit out in season 1, nothing like Farscape before or since has ever been filmed in Australia, they were stumbling around in the dark.

Things pick up big time at the end of season, and about halfway through season 2 the series becomes god-tier to the max.
>>
>>67697748
Yeah, I actually hadn't thought about it before, but the GOTG movie is a lot like Farscape. The crew of weird aliens with a snarky Earth guy who makes references nobody else will get. Who escape prison at the start and are generally just self-interested, but eventually come together to stop a galactic conflict.

Of course the comics were out long before Farscape but it's just interesting to see.
>>
>>67697891
I completely forgot about pirate zhaan. That was from the Shadow Depository 2-parter, right?
>>
>>67697891
>>67697999

Ugh, that just makes me remember how much I hate her Phantom of the Opera friend. Even curly haired screamer girl is a more likable character.
>>
>>67697999
It was a three-parter, but yeah
>>
>>67697999
Yes. Pirate Zhaan is an interesting case because she really sucked at the pirate persona and nearly ruined the plan multiple times by accidentally letting her girly pacifistic hippy self slip through the facade. i feel like a less creative show would have just had her be a sexy pirate for an episode for fanservice and coolness factor, but FS chose to stick to do something more realistic.
>>
>>67698089
Stark, by far the worst character

And to think, he was gonna be killed off until Ben Browder decided he loved the actor and character so much he convinced Rock O'Bannon and David Kemper to keep him on.

Seriously what the fuck Ben
>>
>>67698089
I've never been a fan of Stark. He could be funny sometimes, and his insanity was occasionally entertaining, but whenever they tried to treat him as a serious character he just fell completely flat for me.

Especially the whole [/spoilers]zhaan-stark relationship and how he got all pissy after she died[/spoilers]
>>
>>67698206
fuck i'm dumb.
>>
>>67698196
It's like how Marlon Brando forced the makers of The Island of Dr. Moreau to write his dwarf friend into the story
>>
>>67698241
You're thinking of Fantasy Island.
>>
File: paulgoddardthinksabouthiscareer.png (296 KB, 821x575) Image search: [Google]
paulgoddardthinksabouthiscareer.png
296 KB, 821x575
>tfw when nearing the end of season 4 on the rewatch

I don't want it to be over...
>>
File: farscape_5.gif (781 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
farscape_5.gif
781 KB, 250x188
>>67698826
there's the miniseries

...and the comics but they're not very good
>>
>>67698564
No, it's in the Island of Dr. Moreau. Look it up. Brando befriended a dwarf while shooting the movie and threatened to drop out of the production unless they wrote the dwarf into the story and included him in all of Brando's scenes
>>
Claudia Black only got hotter with age and her voice never fails to get me hard
>>
rygel pepe when
>>
File: tadpole.jpg (9 KB, 185x223) Image search: [Google]
tadpole.jpg
9 KB, 185x223
>>67699090
You're wrong, my friend. :)
See? Ze plane, ze plane!
>>
File: cNQ9FAi[1].jpg (26 KB, 316x482) Image search: [Google]
cNQ9FAi[1].jpg
26 KB, 316x482
>it's a scorpi episode
>>
>>67699382

That's Harvey though...
>>
File: rygel.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rygel.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
FOR HEZMANA'S SAKE DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE 600 BILLION
>>
>>67699562

That has to be the most unflattering screenshot of Rygel, but I would totally watch a 10 season spinoff of his backstory leading up the the events of the show.
>>
>>67697116
>>67697230
No he's right. I always hated Crichton's acting. But good show anyway.
>>
>>67699933
I don't understand how anyone can watch Crackers Don't Matter and think Browder's acting is bland.
>>
>>67695221
I really liked this how but never watched it.

I think it's around the time scifi started doing silly shit and I just wrote off the whole channel.
>>
>>67699933

At first the character is bland, but ever since he gets captured by scorpi he starts losing his sanity over time, Lovecraft style.
>>
>>67700070

It's worth giving a chance.

I think of it the same way I think of X Files - the silly episodes are often the best and most memorable.

The other thing that always strikes me about it is how touchy feely it is. I mean, one of the show runners must have had this brilliant idea to have all the characters casually touch/caress each other, in order to send a semi-subliminal sex thing throughout all the main characters' interactions.
>>
>>67699933
your opinion is shit
>>
I just started rewatching this and I'm halfway through the first season

I was really young when I first watched and it's really cool to see it again but with more perspective/understanding

I wonder if I'll still hate Jool

also
>dat John/Aeryn sexual tension
>>
>>67700898

Jool is only good when she gets drunk and sluts it up.
>>
>>67701024
>>67700898
Jool is fine if you actually take the time to understand her point of view. She's a spoiled rich college girl whose thrown into a life of constant danger

Anyway she chills out pretty quick and her growing friendship with Chiana was well done
>>
>>67701152

>spoiled rich college girl whose thrown into a life of constant danger

A spoiled rich college girl is inherently unlikable, but I'll admit that having a character to constantly remind you of how dangerous and absurd the situations they are constantly in is a good point.

Crichton was that guy at the beginning, but eventually just embraced all the crazy shit and used his humor to look past it while getting shit done.
>>
File: crichton_scratchnsniff.jpg (52 KB, 437x336) Image search: [Google]
crichton_scratchnsniff.jpg
52 KB, 437x336
>>67701024
Scratch 'n' Sniff is one of my top 5 eps
>>
>>67701730

Ha, that's the exact episode I was thinking of when I wrote that.

Crichton and Pilot banter is also top notch - possibly even better than Crichton x Harvey.
>>
How should I go about watching Farscape?
I have netflix...
>>
>>67703308
Watch it on netflix. I have farscape open in another tab right now.
>>
>>67703352
Alrighty, Netflix it is.
Is there a way to make it widescreen?
>>
>>67703428
Not that I know of, though I don't find it too bad when it's in fullscreen (as is my normal way of watching).
>>
>>67695744

im jelly youre watching for the first time
>>
>>67695744
God damn you have so many good episodes ahead of you. 12 in fact is a really good one (the flax)
>>
>>67703499

It's long and episodic enough that rewatching it is still a great experience.

Seriously underrated show.
>>
File: 1393454627720.png (23 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1393454627720.png
23 KB, 175x200
>you will never watch farscape for the first time again
>>
>>67695744

You son of a bitch. What I wouldn't give to be able to experience Farscape for the first time again.

The first season is kind of all over the place but some stuff is introduced at the end of the season that provides an underlying plot. The rest of the series has much more focus and direction after that, even if it's still fucking nuts.

Godspeed, anon. You have a hell of a journey ahead.
>>
>>67697344

His character changes a LOT throughout the series. Shit he's been through takes its toll and he's made all the richer for it. You can tell Browder had a blast playing him.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.