[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss Brandon Routh as Superman, I can't be the only one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
I miss Brandon Routh as Superman, I can't be the only one who really enjoyed Superman Returns right?
>>
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
>>
File: SarcasticGibson.jpg (89 KB, 970x724) Image search: [Google]
SarcasticGibson.jpg
89 KB, 970x724
No definitely not OP, I also love me some capeshit!
>>
>>67694590
Reeve > Routh > Cuckvill
>>
>>67694590
You're the only one. It was boring.
>>
It's so easy to forget about that movie.

Honestly what has this actor done since?
>>
>>67694751
He's on the CW now on Legends of Tomorrow. So not much really, but he's had steady work in the last few years I suppose in the very least.
>>
prefer murderman desu senpai. still thought the routh movie was good tho
>>
>>67694776
Is he any good? I've never watched this film or that show.
>>
>>67694825
I liked him quite a bit as Superman, he's very charming and was a solid fit for the role as a successor to Reeves version of Superman for a modern age. Otherwise he's an alright actor.
>>
>>67694590
-good general acting
-very well made Luthor
-well done and palced jokes

never understood all the contempt
>>
>>67694996
>>
>>67694996
Honestly I still get goosebumps from the teaser trailer. It just felt like everything a Superman movie should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z4LafXkU6c
>>
File: wallpaper 1.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper 1.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>>67694590
you aren't alone. you will never be alone. this movie had charm and a soul, even if the story was pretty stupid. MOS was boring as fuck to me and felt bland.
>>
>>67694751
Scott Pilgrim, he was Todd the Super Vegan.

>dat bass battle
>>
>>67694590
Pretty much great casting minus lois
>>
>>67694590
the director of this flim likes his leading man to be twinky and coded gay
>>
>>67694590
I thought Returns was a lame retread of the first one with Reed. What with literally repeated lines and Lex's plot being basically the same thing.

Did Superman even fight anyone in this movie? I remember he saved the plane and lifted the island.
>>
I really like Superman Returns too OP.

The main complaint was Superman didn't fight or punch anyone so it's boring. Which is what led us to today.
>>
>>67694590
you might have been the only person to enjoy that piece of valium
>>
>>67694590

nope. superman aint no twink.
>>
>superman picks up increasing heavy objects
>lex has another real estate scam
>superman has a kid

its just kind of dull really, singer clearly only knew the old 78 movie and not the comics
>>
>>67694996
>never throws a punch
>has a kid
>lois hates him
>>
>>67696203
it was boring because nothing fucking happened except him throwing a rock into space.

he save like one person, didn't interact with lois hardly at all, didn't even meet his son, and didn't grow at all as a character.

here's the whole movies in two sentences

"hey I'm back"
"nobody asked"
>>
>>67694590
I disliked Superman Returns, but then I watched Man Of Steel and suddenly Returns didn't look so bad after all.
>>
File: fuck snyder.jpg (14 KB, 255x206) Image search: [Google]
fuck snyder.jpg
14 KB, 255x206
>>67696414

He saved a plane full of people, he stopped the bank robbery, there is a whole scene of him saving people in Metropolis during the Earthquake, there is a montage of him dealing with criminals. All with no neck snapping and all those scenes were far more enjoyable than the seizure inducing MoS action scenes.

It also had Clark Kent in it, probably more than both the Superman movies combined and he didn't even die.
>>
>>67696542

Snyder is gay.
>>
>>67696399
>implying the comics have fuck all to do with how good the movie is
>>
>>67696412
>lois hates him
;_;
>>
btw I rewatched Superman Returns the other day and I can confirm that it's still a better film than MoS and BvS.
>>
>>67694590
He was fine in the role but he has nothing to really do. The script was just all over the place and I absolutely hated the way they muted the colors to make his cape, boots, and S look like a turd brown in almost every scene. It's honestly not a bad movie though, it just needed another re-write or two and Jesus they needed a new Lois Lane as well.
>>
>>67696580
lol
>>
Why did they replace him anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRaqIRpTsc
>>
>>67696542
that was all in like a 5 minute montage
>>
>>67697911
wrong, although most of it is concentrated into the first 2 thirds of the movie.
>>
>>67694590
If you don't count The Richard Donner Cut as its own film, then Superman Returns is the second-best Superman movie, the first being the 1978 one.
>>
>>67696414
>he save like one person
Did you actually watch the movie? He saved more people in SR than in MoS and BvS combined.
>>
>>67694590
The plane rescue is one of the best Superhero scenes but you can't carry an entire movie on that one moment
>>
>>67698356
everyone should count the Donner cut as it's own film. its key scenes are done totally different.
>>
File: tumblr_lh9d8qToIn1qhyhwto1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lh9d8qToIn1qhyhwto1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x647
>>67698356
I still think Superman II is better than Returns, but I would agree Returns is better than III/IV and MoS although that's not much of a feat.

Also who would you cast as Superman? I would love to see Jon Hamm take on the role of an older Superman and do an adaptation of the All-Star comics.
>>
>>67698566
Yeah, I agree, but I generally have to argue that point of view.

>>67698592
I dunno, hey. I think Cavill is great, honestly, despite his movies being utter shit.
Jared Padalecki will probably get me a lot of crap on here but I think if he dyed and cut his hair he'd look the part and he has a great voice for it.

Chris Hemsworth would've been good but obviously that'd be impossible now.
>>
>>67694713
i enjoyed it to, for the most part. great homage to the first 2 movies and replacement sequel for part 3 and 4. hope i'll get to see a directors cut with the original opening and kal penn's subplot someday.
>>
>>67698592
YES I always say that he should have been superman
>>
does anyone remember when he's getting beating the shit out of. and while they draggin him off he's randomly shouting IM SUPAHMAN like a retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTOM027CFA
the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>67694751

>Honestly what has this actor done since?

he played the gay lover in zack and miri

wew lad
>>
>>67698592

He would make an amazing Kingdom Cum SOUP
>>
>>67694590
You aren't alone. It handled Superman as well as it could. The issue with making a movie with Superman is he's way too powerful to write a coherent story.
>>
>>67694751
He's Atom on the CW
Also, he somehow manages to outChad Stephen Amell so get an idea on how Chad he is.
>>
>>67703060
>Atom poster
I think I saw you in the BvS thread a second ago.
>>
File: 8b3255db75[1].jpg (92 KB, 1499x678) Image search: [Google]
8b3255db75[1].jpg
92 KB, 1499x678
>>67702556
I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of done beating up this weird alien thing. Can we go get white castle now?
>>
>>67696580
Hearty kek
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.