[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has it taken this long to get a T'Challa movie? Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: TCBP_Low_WEB.jpg (129 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
TCBP_Low_WEB.jpg
129 KB, 1000x563
How has it taken this long to get a T'Challa movie? Black Panther is arguably the most iconic character in all of comic books. He's a hell of a lot more recognizable than Iron Man and the Hulk, why were they the first two heroes to get Marvel Studios flicks? T'Challa puts those scrubs to SHAME! Who wouldn't want to live in a hyper technical paradise like Wakanda? Batman got like, a 10th movie, and it's taken until 2016 to even get an appearence from Marvel's most famous character. And it's not even his movie. What the fuck?
>>
>>67690357
this bait is so poor I'm a little embarrassed for you
>>
>>67690357
He's an iconic figure in pop culture, no doubt. Just be glad that hollywood is finally taking note.
>>
>tfw Black Panther will bomb in China
>>
>>67690357
Stupid nigger bait school senpai
>>
>>67690459
Who gives a shit about China? Star Wars bombed in China, Deadpool wasn't released in China, Ghostbusters is ILLEGAL in China (it is illegal to say that ghosts are real, I shit you not). China is a real life idiocracy.
>>
>>67690357
Are you implying Black Panther is not super iconic? Because he totally is. Maybe not Spider-man level, but Black Panther is a pretty big deal.
>>
File: 1457045814064.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1457045814064.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>67690357
GR8 B8 M8 SHOULDA HADA V8
>>
>>67690357
He didn't fit into the stories. Now he does.
>>
>>67690515
Yeah but every director, producer, and studio head always talk about China and how they want their money cuz "fastest growing market" They care and when a flick flops there they proceed to say "its not important"
>>
>>67690558
>>67690392
>>67690481
Nice samefag, senpai
>>
>>67690357
>WHERES MY BLACK PEOPLE MOVIES
>here you go, he's in this movie plus his own solo movie and then more movies after that
>WHY HAS IT FUCKING TAKEN THIS LONG

niggers are unappreciative monkeys you are never happy.
>>
>>67690357
Black Panther legitimately looks like a fucking baus in that Civil War trailer. Your trolling is unwelcome here.
>>
>>67690628
Black Panther has been the best selling comic book character since his inception. There is NO reason there should have been 3 Fantastic 4 movies before one T'Challa movie.
>>
>>67690710
do you have proof of this? He hasn't even had his own title for more than a few years at a time.
>>
>>67690751
The redlettermedia guys referenced it. One time they printed a comic with a gorilla on it and it sold unusually well, so from then on, all comic books have had to incorporate gorillas. That is how T'Challa was born.
>>
He's a cool character, but I'd hardly call him that iconic.

The bigger issue, honestly, is the fact that he's black.

There's just literally no way to approach him without causing some kind of race-based controversy. It's no wonder it's taken Hollywood so long to do so. It's unfortunate, but white characters are just plain simpler to deal with.

You see a lot of this when people are discussing Iron Fist, too.
>>
>change his ears
>put a c instead of a b

oh i mean black panther
>>
He's only iconic for being black. Not for being a good character.
>>
>>67690975
He's the best selling comic book character of all time
>>
>>67690710
he didn't fit into the movies, now he does after the winter soldier and AOU.

why arnt you crying about dr strange? he's popular in comics, he's only just getting his movie you racist cunt
>>
>>67690840
I never really thought of him as black. He's kind of his own thing to me. They draw him darker, yes, but he's no different than other characters.
>>
>>67691037
seriously, where's your source on this?
>>
>>67691037
please stfu saying that
>>
>>67691065
Dr. Strange isn't nearly as iconic as Black Panther. Black Panther is the most iconic character other than Spider-man and Wolverine. Easily.
>>
>>67690515
>Star Wars bombed in China

It didnt, though. It did good but not great.
>>
>>67691076
I totally agree. Wakanda is like an entirely alien country that happens to be in Africa.

But people are bound to have trouble seeing it like that.

You even see that in the comics. Even in-universe, whenever T'Challa visits America people view him as a black superhero, when he's actually a king that likes dressing up as a cat.
>>
>>67691080
>>67691086
It's a commonly known fact.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/02/the-25-most-memorable-black-comic-book-characters/black-panther
>>
File: 1459429467710.jpg (9 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
1459429467710.jpg
9 KB, 320x353
>>67690840
I remember a while back some video game dev was talking about why a lot of the MC/Default characrers in their games were white males and he simply replied "They are controversy proof". I also want to say I heard Tyler Perry say the same thing when they when he cast that one blonde white guy as the MC in one of his movies. White males are great Trojan Horse type audience surrogate characters.

I could kind of see that. You risk pissing both sides of the coin of but if he's a white guy then really you can do anything with him because white males have fulfilled like every single role in any movie ever: Hero, Anti-Hero, hypocrite, rapist, coward, barbarian, loner, insane person, saint, womanizer, gangster, victim, aggressor, poor, rich, insider, outsider etc etc

In a way I'd unironically call it a privilege
>>
>>67691171
he might be the best selling/most popular black superhero, but I guarantee lots of other characters outsell him.

Spiderman, for instance.
>>
>>67691162
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>67691112
It actually did a tiny notch below good. It opened up at like 3 at the Chinese box office and never got past that. It made lots of money but it wasnt the success it was in America and Europe
>>
File: sexism in media.jpg (139 KB, 782x614) Image search: [Google]
sexism in media.jpg
139 KB, 782x614
>>67691245
White male are like the bland character in Western media
>>
File: eastwood_good_ugly.jpg (866 KB, 1024x793) Image search: [Google]
eastwood_good_ugly.jpg
866 KB, 1024x793
>>67691303
I'd argue that but it really isn't worth it. There are a lot of interesting white male leads that seemingly everyone likes, such as pic related. My Indian friend was obessed with Ryan Gosling's character in Drive

I understand the complaint though. I had a lot of trouble being able to pick apart all the white guys in The Departed. Was confused and actually thought some characters were the same people. Diversity isn't as bad as people make it out to be
>>
>>67690357
>Marvel's most famous character.
What the fuck kind of bait is this?
>>
>>67691171
>25 Most Memorable Black Comic Book Characters

see >>67690975

That article says nothing about how well it sells or how popular they are compared to other characters. He's iconic for being the first black superhero, but there are many more popular characters then him.
>>
>>67692203
Can you prove he IS NOT the most iconic and best selling character of all time? People have been dying for a black panther movie for decades. Civil War will be the highest grossing film of all time. Mark my words. Screenshot this if you must.
>>
>>67690357
because hes a nigger
>>
Any mutant is more important content wise than this nigger
>>
>>67690357
>Black Panther is arguably the most iconic character in all of comic books.
>>
>>67690357
>Who wouldn't want to live in a hyper technical paradise like Wakanda?
It's still in Africa.
>>
>>67690357
>arguably
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.