[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talentless hack or the last true auteur in Hollywood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 670x377
Talentless hack or the last true auteur in Hollywood?
>>
>>67688929
strong visual ideas, weak visual storytelling

he's a weird case.
>>
File: kek.jpg (105 KB, 634x727) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
105 KB, 634x727
>>67688929
Lol!! meme!!
>>
>>67688929
He's too stupid and too plebian to be an auteur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE54Jrjcj8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9V
>>
Did michael bay die?
>>
>>67688929
The worst living director

Truly a biggest fucking hack
>>
>>67688992
This. if i ever hear that a studio is cutting down the run time of his films, it raises red flags, he can't tell a story within an hour and half. The very first cut of BvS was 4 hours and then it was made down to 3 and then to 2 and a half. All of his films that turn out shit the same thing happen
>>
should go back doing tv ads
>>
>>67688929
The first one
>>
Anyone who thinks he's a hack doesn't actually know shit about directing or is meming
>>
>>67688929
Last true talentless hack in Hollywood.
The Hideo Kojima of movies.
Just like Kojima's games end up being movies, Snyder's movies end up being practically videogames.
>>
>>67689047
>make a 4 hours long movie explaining us how Batman hates Superman
>problem solved in 30 seconds when Superman calls his mom
>>
>>67688929
He's not the last auteur
But he's probably the only genuine one working on superhero films

Gunn comes close
But it's barely a superhero film and he's not striving for anything beyond an incredibly well-told adventure film
>>
>>67689140
>not understanding the impact of Batman seeing superman humanised after everything that happened

Guess they were right when they said critics were too stupid for this film
>>
>>67689140
Yet another pleb who missed the point of the Martha scene completely.
>>
I admire his visual style and his intentions of turning movies into cinematic comics, but like someone said before: he needs better writers and a stronger producer.

BvS was trash IMO. Had so much potential too.
>>
>>67689310
The Russo bros say hello.
>>
>>67689406
The problem is that he just shuts down the producers.
He literally said no to every idea Nolan brought to the table.
>>
>>67689140
>not realizing that Batman sees himself as the man holding the gun
>>
>>67689438
Yeah cause we really needed a bunch of scenes where Alfred explains the tech behind the armoured suit. Nolan didn't get Batman at all.
>>
>>67688929
Lets ask the last true critic in Hollywood
>>
>>67688929
Closer to the second one than the first one.
>>
>>67689509
Neither Snyder
Hell, superman was suppose to get zod into the phantom zone not to break his neck. But snyder didn't liked that so he and goyer decised to change it.
Nolan understand the symbols superheroes represent
>>
File: wow.jpg (154 KB, 960x398) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
154 KB, 960x398
>>67689438
>Nolan: "What if we have a speech by Lex after he tells Superman to fight batman where he says how jealous he is and no one should be allowed to possess the power superman has and reveals this way, whether or not superman dies, it will show the world that he's mortal? And we can have him cheekily wink that he's got a backup plan, alluding to Doomsday? Audiences will love it!"

>Snyder: "Haha very funny Nolan. But now's not the time for joking, we have a script to write"
>>
>>67689509
No, Nolan almost didn't take part in BvS, he was mostly in MoS.
>>
>>67689592
Richard Brody?
>>
>>67689629

Synder understands the symbols arguably better than Nolan. He just doesn't force the characters to be a slave to them.
>>
File: 1457472187468.jpg (35 KB, 548x531) Image search: [Google]
1457472187468.jpg
35 KB, 548x531
>WB hands you the keys to their two only good superheroes
>"Here, do whatever you want"
>they also give you $250 million
>they give you a myriad of talent willing to assist you in writing, story, visuals...everything
>they enlist Academy Award-winning screenwriters and actors
>they give you a great idea for a film on a silver-platter
Pluck a random anon off of /tv/ and they make a 90+% film with all of that at their disposal. Only one person on the planet could have fucked that up. And his name is Zack Snyder.
>>
File: 1459232116011.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459232116011.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
auteur
>>
>>67690660
Correction
>only one person on the planet could be so bold as to deliver capekino rather than the expected, hollow capeshit we expected. And his name is Zack Snyder
>>
>>67688929
Talentless hack
>>
>>67689361
That makes no fucking sense. If Batman really thought supes was a threat to humanity, why the fuck would knowing his mother's name make a bit of difference? This doesn't suddenly prove Batman wrong.
>>
>>67689361
>Batman knew superman's identity already
>Didn't realize he has a mom

You're retarded Anon
>>
>>67691207
How many times does this need to be explained?
He stopped because hearing his mum's name understandably created questions - "why's this guy talking about my mum?"

Lois then tells Batman that it's superman's mum and batman realises that by fighting he's letting supe's mum die and thus sees superman as human for the first time and sees himself as the mugger who killed his parents
He realises that he's lost touch and become the thing he set out to stop - hence the nightmare of seeing his mum revive as a horrific bat

>>67691294
batman didn't know superman's identity
>>
>>67691077
Wow, you think this wasn't hollow cape shit? This is literally everything that sucks about every superhero movie crammed into one giant shit sandwich.
>Long dull set-up
check
>Non-sequiter scenes that only make sense to comic nerds
check
>Random cameos with no context or point except to set up future movies
check
>Good guys fighting each other that could have not fought with a one sentence explanation. Or in this case literally one word solves the fight.
check
>Big unkillable badguy that the hero must sacrifice himself for except that we know he comes back therefore rendering the sacrifice completely trivial and emotionless.
check
>Damsel in distress for incredibly stupid reasons.
check
I could do this all day.
>>
>>67691438
This out ironman-2'd ironman 2. And that's saying something.
>>
>>67688929
wasn`t this jj abrams?
>>
>>67688929
Good director doing a movie that is not in his style.

How you go from Dawn of the Dead/Suckerpunch to Superman is beyond me, they could not be more differant.
>>
>>67691438
>>Long dull set-up
You mean actual character building and story rather than 'lol let's kill some badguys cause they're bad'?
>>Non-sequiter scenes that only make sense to comic nerds
You mean scenes that make perfect sense but require you to pay attention?
>>Random cameos with no context or point except to set up future movies
The point, while predominantly for JL, also fleshed out that Lex had been studying this shit for awhile. So when he knew superman's secret identity, it wasn't a major shock because he clearly knows the most here
>>Good guys fighting each other that could have not fought with a one sentence explanation. Or in this case literally one word solves the fight.
That one word doesn't solve the fight, it resonates in batman's mind and creates empathy
>>Big unkillable badguy that the hero must sacrifice himself for except that we know he comes back therefore rendering the sacrifice completely trivial and emotionless.
Allegories bro
>>Damsel in distress for incredibly stupid reasons.
Lois is superman's love interest. Lex found this out (they barely kept it a secret) and used this to bait him
What's your point?

These are the criticisms of someone with the attention span of a goldfish waiting for the next explosion or joke
>>
Decent camrip anywhere? Been putting off watching it but I'm finally caving in..
>>
>>67691660
This will sound like I'm shilling, but either go see it in cinemas or wait for the HD rip
The imagery is way too focal to be wasted on a camrip

I suspect a large number of the people criticising this film on /tv/ watched a camrip in another tab while shitposting

Also the sound is way too important to take anything less than proper surround sound
>>
>>67691754
Alright, I'll wait I guess. I don't want to shit my first viewing up with shitty quality, but at the same time I just cannot be fucked to give Snyder or WB my money. I guess time will tell though.
>>
File: batsignal.png (663 KB, 684x808) Image search: [Google]
batsignal.png
663 KB, 684x808
He's an autistic auteur.

He doesn't understand emotion.

But he gets visuals, themes and ideas.

His movies are laden with symbolism. Most people pick up on the blatant symbols, but he's got a knack to put in real gems if you look for them.
>>
He's ham-fisted. He lacks any kind of subtly and just bludgeons the audience with both visuals and story.
>>
>>67691960
I'm pretty sure I saw the same exact shot in batman begins
>>
>>67692148
negative

In BB Bruce goes back in the cave, the bats scare him and then he stands up, overcoming his fear.

There is no likeness of him becoming a literal symbol.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.