[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did I just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: stewart-lee.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stewart-lee.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
What did I just watch?
>>
Is he proof that neurotypical comedy is a thing of the past?
>>
Stewart Lee repeating the same joke over and over. I think there were around three of them in tonight's show.
>>
I think he's trying to get his show cancelled, even his ponciest of fans is stunned at how ridiculous he's being in this series.
>>
Stewart Lee is like the last comic you can enjoy when you've seen too much stand-up and it no longer makes you laugh.
>>
>used to be a huge fan of Stewart Lee
>meet him one night at a comedy club
>trying to have a chat with him
>he says he can't understand my "working class accent"
>everyone laughs

Fuck this guy.
>>
>>67687263
That's pretty funny.
>>
>>67687263
he was just a prick ironically, you obviously dont get it because youre working class
>>
>>67686682
Literally a comic genius. There are few comedians who actually have material too lofty for filthy casuals.
>>67687159
This guy gets it. Basically if you haven't seen the complete works of 20 other other stand up comedians, there's a good chance you wont understand what he's doing. And to people who say this makes him shit or its just not true, it isn't the responsibility of an artist to be accessible
>>67687263
>I was a Stewart Lee fan
>but he made fun of me what a dick
Obviously you weren't a real fan or else you'd get it. It's like complaining about the service at Dick's Last Resort
>>
I think he's a genius but I can't bring myself to keep watching all his stuff.
>>
>>67687263
OP here, travelled down to London to see him in October. He was trying out all the stuff for this series and he has done most of it up to this point.

The final bit was with 15 minutes left he says "pick a country" to the audience and he will finish the set with a callback to the country.

With 10 minutes left he 'judges' that the crowd won't get it and finishes the set early with no callback.

I wonder if he would dare do this on national TV next week
>>
Is the BBC allowed to broadcast the word "cunt" now?

When did this happen?

R.I.P. the last pure swear word.
>>
>>67688037
You want more PC and censorship?
>>
He's terrible now. Not even trying. It's not funny. I used to enjoy his stuff.
>>
>>67687263
Did you expect anything else? He comes off as a massive prick in every single bit.
He's funny as hell but in case you haven't noticed, most of his stand up is based on a massive superiority complex.
>>
>>67688140

Yes. In fact, now would be a good time to post Stewart Lee's bit on political correctness if anyone has it.

I rarely swear, but swear words are some of my favourite words. It's amazing that we've decided, as a culture, that certain words are out of bounds in most situations.

But if every comedian and sitcom and drama can say "cunt" now, it goes from being "the worst swear word" to just another word. Every episode of Mock the Week will use it. It's why "faggot" has no power on 4chan, despite being a fairly strong slur (and/or a delicious food) in everyday conversation.
>>
>>67687159

I've been trying to really put Stewart Lee's comedy into a succinct sentence and this is it. Thank you man.
>>
>>67686682

How was it?

No, really, give it to me straight.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.