[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw this will never be adapted to movie because this would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Fight Club 2 010-001.jpg (3 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Fight Club 2 010-001.jpg
3 MB, 1987x3056
>mfw this will never be adapted to movie because this would enrage them so hard and because it fuck the movie watchers in the butt.

Well played Palaniuk, well played, the ending was god tier.
>>
explain
>>
File: Fight Club 2 010-013.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
Fight Club 2 010-013.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
>>67667807
it goes full meta with the world being exploded by nukes and killing everybody then the readers come to his (Chuck) house to wreck him, but then they try to rewrite the ending with lots of impossible shit just to appease their ego, then it goes even more meta.

Also, the comic meta language wouldnt work in film.
>>
>>67667936
meta =/= good, you pretentious hipster faggot
>>
>>67667936
Animal man did it better
>>
>>67667771
What about the first movie could possibly warrant a sequel?
>>
Meta shit was cool when they did it first two times. But I figured they'd be doing this for the ending because the story wasn't really self contained.

I liked how Palaniuk realized that he couldn't properly finish story. He used the medium really good enough.

I'll never understand the reason why, even though he self inserted as people were unhappy, decided to make an open ending.
>>
>>67667936

Sounds fucking terrible
>>
>>67667936
>LET'S HANDLE THIS VIA REDDIT

Thanks I found a new reaction image.
>>
>>67668972
>pretentious hipster faggot
amusant, tres meta
>>
>>67667771
i read it till 007 or 8... but it looked like a mess. yeah, it would fuck up the perfect Fight Clube for sure.

if you see it is better than FC1, please explain, how?
>>
>>67667936
I love me some metanarrative but this is masturbatory, undeserved bullshit by a hack writer whose most famous work is inferior to the film adaptation

The closest thing we'll get to this in film is Adaptation, and that works because Kaufmann has some sense of self awareness and the fourth-wall breaking is integral to the plot

fight club 2 was shit and I read it on /co/ too
>>
>>67669037
I never liked Morrisons meta shit he lacks subtletly.
>>
>>67669123
>self-awareness
I dunno I'm pretty sure Judy Greer would fuck him IRL
>>
File: op is a fag.png (495 KB, 440x920) Image search: [Google]
op is a fag.png
495 KB, 440x920
What did he mean by this?
>>
Shit opinion.
Liking garbage simply because it's self-aware or meta simply proves you know jack shit about narrative resources or how a story is supposed to be told.
You're like those 14 year old kids listening to experimental and avant-garde music without knowing what they're experimenting upon or why is it considered avant-garde.
Anyways, stop wasting time with Palahniuk's pulp.
>>
>>67669184
not your blog, pal
>>
>>67669198
Fuck off hipster pleb
>muh meta
You know nothing about storytelling.
>>
>>67667936
>via Reddit
>>
>>67669184
>art appreciation requires formal analysis
>>67669221
>storytelling is important
m'patrician
>>
>>67669256
>I can appreciate works of art from pure ignorance
>Storytelling doesn't matter because I don't know how it's done
Jesus fucking Christ what a top pleb, yet you're praising fucking Fight Club 2 as if you knew what you're talking about.
>>
>>67669308
>lack of formal training is pure ignorance
kek
>Storytelling doesn't matter
okay that's actually a pretty valid point
>>
>>67669256
>you can appreciate experimental music without knowing why it's experimental
Wew lad.
And are you actually unironically implying that storytelling is not important?
>>
>>67669389
>I know about storytelling empirically! I've seen a thousand movies
Protip: you don't.
Go and keep reading fucking Fight Club lmao
>>
>>67669389
You don't need formal training to analyze art on meaningful way but it does require critical way of looking at the art.
And there is ton of books on the subject, you basically read one about text analysis that covers poems, plays and novels you can apply that knowledge to a lot of non-text art as well.
>>
>>67667771
>Fight Club 2

Haha, they actually made a sequel to Fight Club?
>>
>>67669402
>wew lad
>unironically
>music on the page matters more than in the ear
Sounds like facebook is more your speed
>>
>>67669466
>in the ear
Yeah like 4'33'' you clearly know what you're talkng about.
>>
>>67669421
>reading
>implying I waste my time with snail television
>>67669451
you don't know shit about formal criticism if you think everything just carries over from poetry to other forms. but don't feel bad, you're better for it.
>>
>>67669466
>Hey man have you heard of this band, they're like, SO experimental and avant-garde, it's fucking awesome xD
>What makes it experimental and avant-garde?
>The band's wikipedia page telling me so :P
Kill yourself.
>>
>>67669492
the whole point of 4'33 was audience appreciation you idiot. Cage was practically a clown, not some kind of inaccessible theoretician, he ran circles around the darmstadt school. You should have picked babbitt, but you didn't, because you're out of your depth.
>>
>>67669553
>everything just carries over from poetry to other forms
I did not imply that, I just said the basics are the same and that by picking really any fucking book about analyzing art will help you tremendously in analyzing some other form of art. Mainly because you have the mindset and tools to do it in more meaningful way after being exposed to it.
I just said you can apply that knowledge, of course it goes deeper than that. Some people develop surprisingly good skills even without ever reading a book I guess by just being particularly observant.
>>
>>67669670
>Audience appreciation
It was about sound space and how silence doesn't exist, how music is simply will to listen musically you fucking idiot. Cage himself explained 4'33'' like a thousand times.
>>
>>67669684
the only point I want to make: analyzing art is not the same as appreciating it. Formalist criticism often tends to be limited/myopic and ignore the real response of the audience -- e.g. supposed subconscious emotional cues from symbolism often get much more attention than they deserve, both from critics and artists
>>
>>67669717
yes and the intended recipient of this message was the audience, you idiot
>>
>>67669837
>analyzing art is not the same as appreciating it
I agree
>supposed subconscious emotional cues from symbolism often get much more attention than they deserve, both from critics and artists
True enough
>>
>>67669878
The recipient of that message was the academy, audiences are meaningless and Cage's work was not lowbrow populist garbage so that an audience would understand 4'33'' theoretically.
>>
the point is, fight club 2 is utter shit
palahniuk is a hack who got butthurt that adaptation of his book is better than the book itself
>>
As a rule of thumb I don't read books made for children unless I have a very strong motivation do so

>>67667936
>comic book sequel to a meme movie featuring meme dialog and narrative
Thanks, I'll pass
>>
>>67669926
if the intended recipient of that message was the academy he could have just published the manuscript and shuffled on. if john cage wasn't some lowbrow populist who gave a shit about people outside the academy why do you think he appeared on the steve allen show? For that matter, why do you think YOU even know who he was?
>>
>>67670072
>Why do you think you know who he is?
Because I danced 4'33'' in college you dumb fuck.
>>
Fight Club is about repressed homosexuality.

Not at all surprising that Palaniuk came out of the closet a few years ago.
>>
>>67670124
nice job evading the other points. fyi any professor who had you "performing" 4'33 as if it's still shocking is a pretentious rube. Not to mention the only dance suitable would be going about your normal activities
>>
>>67670388
>the only dance suitable is going through the motions
>doing everyday things
>in 4' fucking 33''
I know I shouldn't expect literally anyone to know about contemporary dance but I'd at least expect people to shut the fuck up when they know nothing.
>>
>>67670526
>4'33
>contemporary
lol
feel free to do whatever you want. Jc wouldn't mind, why should I? Since you are clearly an advanced, sophisticated artist who aspires to the very highest standard of performance, take my advice and practice more. Everyone will appreciate you for it.
>>
>>67669159
You're a big guy.
>>
>>67669146
Animal man was pretty based, I thought it did the meta awareness thing pretty good.
>>
File: FITE ME.jpg (53 KB, 758x960) Image search: [Google]
FITE ME.jpg
53 KB, 758x960
>>67667936
>Chuck confirmed for /it/ard

A few years ago I attended one of his public reading/Q&A sessions on his tour or "Doomed", and most of the audience looked exactly like the mob there. Seriously, nine inch nailed it.

I really liked some of his stories though.

http://www.anthonyburgess.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/CP-event-edited-compressed-2.mp3
>>
>>67672039
I like Animal Man but Morrisons style just doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>67669159
>What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.