[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I marathoned Man of Steel last night (I know another capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 23
File: 130528-OverTheShoulder.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1371) Image search: [Google]
130528-OverTheShoulder.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1371
So I marathoned Man of Steel last night (I know another capeshit thread) but I got a really serious question.

Zod wad a Kryptonian and the only way to kill a Kryptonian at least to me seems to be with the use of kryptonite, right?
Yet Superman breaks his fucking neck and that's it.

I'm not well versed in comic books and don't really care to become so but that doesn't seem right
>>
File: dd.jpg (7 KB, 349x145) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
7 KB, 349x145
Doomsday didn't neglect his traps.

Supes would have hard a time snapping that neck. Not to mention he was distracted miring Doomsday's gains.
>>
>>67667539
Comicfag here.

The comics have fuck all to do with the movies, they have raped the fuck out of the lore and backgrounds of everything.

They're making it up as they go along, and stealing images from the comics. Literally just the imagery and nothing else.
>>
kryptonians are killable in this universe, unless your are the main character like superman than you just come back to life after a few days
>>
File: 1.png (254 KB, 401x455) Image search: [Google]
1.png
254 KB, 401x455
>>67667624
>than you just come back to life after a few days

hold up

I've not seen the movie yet, but have they CONTINUED the meme that he is Jesus like, by having him die and then revive after 3 days or some shit?
>>
File: 2.jpg (11 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
11 KB, 200x295
>>67667711
WAIT NO, HOLD THE FUCK UP.

A KRYPTO SPEAR, RIGHT?

LIKE THE "HOLY LANCE" THAT KILLED JESUS?

OH MY FUCKING CHRIST

THIS SHIT IS SO FUCKING LAZY, WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 3.jpg (15 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
15 KB, 200x295
SO LETS FUCKING RECAP

HE LITERALLY KILLS A FUCKING THING CALLED "DOOMSDAY" WITH THE TOTALLY NOT "HOLY LANCE" THAT KILLED JESUS, HE THEN "DIES" AND THEN REVIVES A FEW DAYS LATER, NOT LIKE JESUS AT ALL

WHAT THE FUCKING NIGGER CHRIST ARE THEY DOING WITH THE STORY, DO THEY THINK THIS IS FUCKING GOOD OR WHAT?
>>
File: 5.png (419 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
5.png
419 KB, 500x738
I DON'T FUCKING GET IT IT

WHY THE JESUS FETISH?

HOW THE FUCK IS SUPERMAN LIKE JESUS AT ALL? HES A CUNT IN SPANDEX WHO SAVES CATS FROM TREES AND SOMETIMES SNAPS NECKS.

THE WORST JESUS DID WAS FLIP A TABLE OR TWO AND MAYBE BANG A HOOKER.

HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EVEN COMPARE!?
>>
File: 6.jpg (11 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
11 KB, 200x295
SOMEBODY FUCKING EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT SUPERMAN IS A CHRIST LIKE FIGURE.

HES A SUPERHERO, THE ORIGINAL SUPERHERO, ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME JESUS JUST STOOD THERE AS JOSEPH WALKED INTO THE TORNADO AFTER BEING TOLD "STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON"
>>
>>67667711
>>67667735
>>67667760
>>67667780

wo man slow down you're gonna blow a gasket

Jesus vs Superman
>>
File: 8.gif (284 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
284 KB, 500x800
AND HANG THE FUCK ON AGAIN

GOD FUCKED MARY AND THAT IS WHY JESUS IS JESUS AND SHIT, RIGHT?

SO HOW LONG UNTIL ZACK DICKHEAD DECIDES
>YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE GREAT
>OK
>LISTEN
>*SNORTS COCAIN*
>WE REDO SUPERMANS ORIGINS
>THE KRYPTO GOD
>NO NO SHUT UP, LISTEN
>THE KRYPTO GOD COMES TO EARTH, FUCKS THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF SUPERMANS WHORE MOTHER, AND THATS WHY SUPERMAN IS LIKE, ALL JESUS AND SHIT

IF I FOUND OUT MY WIFE FUCKED AN ALIEN MAN FROM SPACE I'D THROW MYSELF INTO A FUCKING TORNADO AS WELL
>>
File: 1459199754622.jpg (108 KB, 790x680) Image search: [Google]
1459199754622.jpg
108 KB, 790x680
>>67667711
>>67667735
>>67667760
>>67667780
>>67667797

Yes. That's exactly what happens. They're continuing the hamfisted Christ parallels.

But according to DC fans if you didn't like the movie you're just dumb and didn't get it.
>>
File: 9.png (462 KB, 680x496) Image search: [Google]
9.png
462 KB, 680x496
>>67667823
THEN PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE FUCK ZACK "CHRIST LOVER" SNYDER IS TRYING TO MAKE ME THINK A FUCKING BALDING MANLET IS JESUS

FUCKING EXPLAIN

HOW DO YOU GET SUPERMAN, A CUNT WHO SNAPS NECKS, DESTROYS CITIES AND FLIES AROUND IN A SKIN TIGHT SUIT IS ANYTHING LIKE SOME LITTLE TINY 5'0 ARAB MAN IN THE FUCKING DESERT WHO FLIPPED TABLES AND BANGED HOOKERS

H O W
O
W

T H E
H
E

F U C K
U
C
K
>>
File: image.gif (269 KB, 220x192) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
269 KB, 220x192
>>67667711
>>67667735
>>67667760
>>67667780
>>67667797

I had a good Kek thank you
>>
>>67667797
>Jesus gets crucified
>Son,I'm going to save yo-
>STOP INVINCIBLE DAD
>>
File: 10.png (673 KB, 680x501) Image search: [Google]
10.png
673 KB, 680x501
>>67667864
>But according to DC fans if you didn't like the movie you're just dumb and didn't get it.

BUT I AM A DC FAN, I FUCKING LOVE DC.

THE COMICS ARE THE ABSOLUTE SHIT, I HAVE A SHIT TON OF THEM, ITS ONE OF MY MAIN HOBBIES FOR CHRIST SAKES.

THEY HAVE ALMOST LITERALLY NEVER MADE THIS RETARDED AS FUCK COMPARISON IN THE COMICS
>>
>>67667905
>ALMOST
So they did? :^)
>>
>>67667539
>>67667609

From a cinema/comic-lore kind of standpoint, a Kryptonian can kill a Kryptonian. As for Zod not rising like Supes is going to, you can rationalize it with the following two details:

1) Superman had been absorbing the benefits of being an earth-based Kryptonian his entire life. Zod had only had a few months. The fact that Zod was capable of physically matching Supes in such a short time has more to do with his mastery of himself and willpower than it had to do with how much power he'd obtained. Supes had a lot more potential power at his disposal, but was trying to find a way to avoid killing Zod, Zod was using all the power at his disposal.

2) Superman, unique among Kryptonians, is the vessel for the genetic potential for his entire species. While that's nebulous in what it means, exactly, it might also play a role in his resurrection.
>>
File: 1423194353385.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1423194353385.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>67667879
>>67667905

Its simply too deep for you. You can't grasp Snyder's vision and DC's sophisticated, polysemantic storylines.
>>
File: 11.gif (432 KB, 348x512) Image search: [Google]
11.gif
432 KB, 348x512
I WILL LITERALLY NEVER NOT BE MAD AT THIS.

I WILL DIE, MY ANGER WILL REMAIN.
MY BLOODLINE DIES OUT, MY ANGER WILL REMAIN.
THE EARTH IS OVERTAKEN BY NIGGERS, MY ANGER WILL REMAIN.
THE SUN EXPLODES AND CAUSES HEAT DEATH TO OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, MY ANGER WILL REMAIN.

ALIENS LATER FIND THE ASH AND REMAINS OF EARTH, AND THE ONLY BURNING REMINDER OF OUR ENTIRE SPECIES IS THAT MY BURNING ANGER IS STILL THERE TO BE FELT AND SHARED BY ANY VISITORS FROM BEYOND THE CUNTING STARS

>>67667925
>2) Superman, unique among Kryptonians

SUPERMAN

UNIQUE AMONG THE KRY

OH FUCK I CANT

I CANT

YOU'RE STOO FUCKING STUPID

I CAN'T
>>
File: goncerned wolf.jpg (12 KB, 177x164) Image search: [Google]
goncerned wolf.jpg
12 KB, 177x164
how do you marathon a single movie?
>>
File: 0.jpg (49 KB, 676x858) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
49 KB, 676x858
Good thing I didn't lose my cool.

Pretty fucking dumb movie theme to be honest.
>>
>>67667879
The entire point is that Superman's trying to *not* be perceived as a god by people who very much want to perceive him that way.

All the "Big Bads" are just window dressing. It's basically asking the question, "How does a man with the powers of a god find a place in the world?"
>>
>>67667949
Ok it stopped being funny after the first post. If you had any ability to think you would realise that superman went through fucking puberty while soaking up the sun's energy. He has lived there his entire life. He is saturated in solar radiation. Zod on the other hand ARRIVED THERE 2 DAYS AGO. Superman is faster, stronger and more resilient than any kryptonian who has not had his level of exposure to the sun
>>
>>67667950

It's the youtube generation senpai, they struggle to sit still for longer than 5 minutes, prove me wrong cuck boys
>>
>>67668016
>living in a place longer than your homie makes you """"""unique"""""""

retarded as fuck
>>
>>67667949
this needs to become pasta
>>
>>67668006
From >>67667500

I think there's plenty of places to take him. So far, all we've seen is inexperienced, conflicted Superman. This isn't a Supes who has a long career of working in secrecy and perfecting his approach to heroism. He's still struggling to find a way to be an inspiration instead of the ultimate symbol for the futility of human accomplishment.

Scenes from BvS that really demonstrate that struggle well are the flood and fire rescues. In the flood, a family paints his symbol on their rooftop like some sort of magick ritual and wait for rescue. When their "saviour" arrives, they reach out to him - the "man in the sky." In the fire scene, he lands among them with the rescued child not only, I think, to deliver her to her parents, but also to try to come down from the sky and find his place among them. Instead the crowd reaches out to him en masse, Clark's not a stupid man. He knows they're not reaching out in camaraderie, or support, or even in simple appreciation. They're reaching out in praise.

It troubles him.

You think it's going to get any easier to shake godhood when he rises?
>>
>>67667599
Well, true to form, Doomsday started with an unsnappable neck. He evolved from his last fight with Superman.
>>
>>67668107
There's a lot of reading into things here. I don't think Snyder's thought process ever went past Superman = Jesus.
>>
>>67667539
Enough brute strength CAN beat Superman - it's just that virtually nothing on Earth can come close to the levels of strength required. Kryp vs Kryp? That works. Doomsday killed Superman with brute strength in Death of Superman.

What I'm really going to be angry at is if Superman comes back to life after BvS with no outside help - which the rising dirt implies is going to happen. What, a dead Kryptonian can recover from a pulverised heart but not a broken neck?
>>
>>67668226
Time will tell. I think(hope) they're playing the long game here.
>>
File: Worf.jpg (33 KB, 700x535) Image search: [Google]
Worf.jpg
33 KB, 700x535
>>67668144
>Captain, they've adapted.
>>
>>67668044
Are you stupid? Kryptonians get their abilities on Earth because solar radiation does something to their cells. Superman's body has been soaking up that radiation since childhood, meaning he went through puberty saturated in it. His bones, for example, will have grown while rich in solar radiation. No other Kryptonian has that. Zod was there for 2 days or something
>>
>>67668269
Pretty sure according to MoS the sun has shit all to do with it and it's the less dense atmosphere or some retarded shit.

Don't quote me though I might be wrong, only saw it the one time. Just remember getting annoyed about it.
>>
>>67668269
>Zod was there for 2 days or something

and in that time, learned to fly, move as fast as, and punch as hard as supes

your argument is invalid
>>
>>67668236
I saw it last night and I'm still coming to terms with it. They should not have shown that end scene because it does look like he had no outside help
>>
File: zod.jpg (22 KB, 529x265) Image search: [Google]
zod.jpg
22 KB, 529x265
Where did you people learn to shitpost, ON A FARM?
>>
>>67667864
>fans

who still exclusively likes just one publisher, in this day and age?
>>
>>67668290
I think making something unique(or at least very rare) about earth's atmosphere/sun/gravity combo was a smart move. Shifting away from it all being completely sun-based explains why there aren't literally tens of thousands of "Super" instances in Krypton's colonization phase.

I'm still waiting to see if they delve deeper into the death of all those Kryptonian outposts. The one corpse we've seen was pretty obviously impaled.
>>
>>67668290
I've seen it many times, JorEl specifically says his cells will drink the yellow sun's radiation. He also mentions gravity through

>>67668295
Zod was literally created in a test tube to be a war general and lead the kryptonian army. He has trained since birth to master his senses and surroundings, and to be an expert combatant. While Superman IS stronger and faster and more durable than any other kryptonian, he only just learned to fly the day before too. Forgot about that didn't you? Every single one of your non-issues can be resolved if you watched the film and think for a few seconds.

>very strong and untrained man who had literally NEVER had a fight in his entire life (superman)
vs
>strong and highly trained man who was bred to be an expert combatant (zod)
>>
>>67668365
Evidently a lot of people on /tv/.

You should have seen the "Death of Marvel/Dawn of Capekino" threads that were propping up before BvS was released, plus the massive damage control thereafter.
>>
File: bonus.gif (67 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
bonus.gif
67 KB, 500x800
>>67668309
HOW DOES ZOD KNOW WHAT A FUCKING FARM IS ANYWAY?

WHY DOES ZOD SPEAK PERFECT FUCKING ENGLISH?
>>
>>67667539
>>67667599
>>67668144
>>67668236
>>67668309
>>67668540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13rcbcitmbrtzbmf22tifdrksvwt1w4b04
>>
>>67668540
You ever watch Star Trek senpai? Everyone in the universe speaks english m8
>>
File: bonus1.png (671 KB, 680x501) Image search: [Google]
bonus1.png
671 KB, 680x501
HOW DOES ZOD KNOW HOW TO SPEAK PERFECT FUCKING ENGLISH?
>>
>>67667599
Why don't Doomsday just snap Supermans neck though
>>
>>67667832
Have you seen that scene where Superman drags the boat yet?
>snow looks like water, Supes literally walking on water
>essentially carrying the cross Jesus carried
Snnyder is so subtle
>>
>>67668593
WHY DO ZOD AND SUPERMAN AND LITERALLY EVERY OTHER KRYPTONIAN LOOK EXACTLY LIKE HUMAN BEINGS?

These are things that you shouldn't fret about. It's capeshit, after all
>>
File: bonus2.jpg (89 KB, 676x858) Image search: [Google]
bonus2.jpg
89 KB, 676x858
>>67668650
>These are things that you shouldn't fret about.

Fair enough.
>>
>>67667925
>1) Superman had been absorbing the benefits of being an earth-based Kryptonian his entire life. Zod had only had a few months. The fact that Zod was capable of physically matching Supes in such a short time has more to do with his mastery of himself and willpower than it had to do with how much power he'd obtained. Supes had a lot more potential power at his disposal, but was trying to find a way to avoid killing Zod, Zod was using all the power at his disposal.

so when superman becomes weakened by kryptonite, why is he able to return to full strength in just a few minutes? why doesn't it take him years and years again?
>>
>>67668890
This is just my own headcanon here combined with years of comic-book science and a layman's grasp of physics, but the way they explain Kryptonite in this current run of movies is that it impairs/kills Kryptonian cells. From that, one might infer that it's producing a form of radiation to which Kryptonians are especially vulnerable, but is generally harmful just the same. They showed this in the comics as well when Lex was slowly poisoned by his Kryptonite ring, eventually developing bone cancer.

Among the vast array of abilities Kryptonians enjoy in the comics, they also have something very much like Wolverine's healing factor. They show this in the film by having Supes heal extraordinarily fast from the cut Bats gives him and regenerating to full health after the nuclear blast. Short-term exposure to Kryptonite damages Kryptonian cells, impairing their function, but from what we've seen over the years in the comics, "flushing the solar radiation" from those cells was never a great explanation. At least to me, impaired cell function makes more sense. In the absence of Kryptonite, the healing takes over, returning them to their previous strength,

/comicnerd
>>
>>67667539
Superman's powers are limited to the author. If they want punch from Batman to knock him back it will, if they want him to be unmoved (and his clothes untorn) from a moon crashing ontop of him that'll also happen.

Typically they just use kryptonite, but since the authors change his strength is wildly inconsistent. And he has also gotten much stronger over time as the bar has been raised
>>
>>67667887
underrated post
>>
>>67667609
>they raped the lore
in what way? it was the most lore friendly Superman yet. Krypton was extremely accurate
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.