[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never seen any of the star wars episodes at all. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
I have never seen any of the star wars episodes at all. Should I watch all of them?
>>
You should at least watch A New Hope once.

I'd highly recommend Empire Strikes Back too, but wait until after you watch A New Hope. If you didn't like A New Hope, Empire will bore the shit out of you.

Watch Return of the Jedi if you liked Empire and want to see how it ends.

The prequels are all dogshit. I would recommend Attack of the Clones only because it works as a "so bad, it's funny" type of movie.
>>
>>67665854
No, just watch episode 7. It's basically just a reboot. Only nerds like the 70's movies and the prequels are SHIT. Watch the plinkett reviews instead of the actual movies.
>>
>>67665854
Anti-Cheese edits of prequels.

They`re on YT - well worth, fixes the dumbest mistakes in terms of editing and VO.
>>
Watch the original, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

Watch the prequels next if you absolutely MUST know the backstory, but be aware they're pretty dogshit. You can skip them.

then watch The Force Awakens.
>>
Dont listen to memers, the prequels are better than the originals
>>
>>67666054
>>67666093
Will do guys.
>>
4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 2 -> 3
>>
File: 1288027662517.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1288027662517.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
>>67666159
>getting trolled
>2016
>>
>>67666182
Lol what? How did I get trolled?
>>
>>67665854
yeah. Yeah, you should

I'd say watch all but #2, since it's terrible and does little to further the plot. You can cut it out entirely and miss, like, 1 important scene. It's that extraneous.

Anyway, I'd say you want to watch the OT first, then the prequels, then TFA.

While the prequels are technically prequels, and thus theoretically should be watched first, they rely so heavily on visual callbacks and references to the OT that you will be lost if you try to watch the movies in chronological order.

The OT is generally quite good, the prequels are pretty laughably bad, but in a truly funny way (except for 2, as I said, skip it, it's truly dull, uninteresting, and contributes about 2 things out of it's 2 hour runtime to the actual plot.), so you can at least enjoy those. And TFA is mediocre overall, but is competently made with far better overall story, characters, and cinematography than anything in the prequels, so it can sort of be a cleanser to wash out the prequels' bad taste,. if there is any. Some people enjoy them, so who knows, maybe you might, too, but I would say don't blow your load of good Star Wars movies before you watch the iffy stuff. If you end up hating the prequels, it's a bad idea to not have any good (or at least better) cinema to rinse your brain out with afterwards.
>>
File: natalie-portman.png (251 KB, 343x726) Image search: [Google]
natalie-portman.png
251 KB, 343x726
>>67665854
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67666199
you fell for the "watch it out of release order" trolling.
>>
>>67666199
Don't fucking listen to the memes watch the prequels, some people like it and some people don't

All the original movies are good, watch it for yourself not what the fucking Internet says
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.