[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ferris Bueller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: cameronfb.jpg (19 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
cameronfb.jpg
19 KB, 400x393
I replaced the instrumental version with the original lyric version, and I think it sounds much better.

Even though the lyrics are unrelated, you can make the claim that it's actually Cameron reflecting on his life and loneliness, especially all the lyrics play prominently over the moment where he stares at the painting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3O9NFJIS0
>>
>>67664582
Goddamn you made it way more sad than it had any right to be in such a feelgood flick
>>
>>67664608
I know Hughes has a thing for Dream Academy, but I'd like to think he picked that song for more than just the melody. And since the original verison is by the Smiths you know it's melancholy already
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 624x420
GOOD TIMES FOR A CHANGE
>>
>>67664695
HAVENT HAD A DREAM IN A LONG TIME
>>
SO FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE
>>
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
>>
>>67664884
SEE THE LIFE I'VE HAD CAN MAKE A GOOD MAN BAD
>>
neat, makes me wanna watch the movie again

on a different, i hope what they're saying about the new spidey reboot having the feel of these kinds of movies is actually true, thatd be nice
>>
>>67665216
I dont know if these kinds of movies are possible anymore. If you look at most Hughes films, they're about kids DOING something (traveling, ditching school, creating a woman from a doll, facing bullies, bonding in detention, etc etc) I feel that today's people aren't social like that anymore. i hope i'm wrong
>>
he had a hard life, boys
>>
File: bad.jpg (71 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
71 KB, 600x597
>>67665282
nah youre definitely right and its depressing
>>
File: 1313777142002.png (14 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
1313777142002.png
14 KB, 327x367
>>67665282
>a modern john hughes movie is just panning shots of teenagers on their phones and computers and being completely apathetic to everything around them
>>
>>67664582
dumb pointless scene that adds nothing to the plot
>>
>>67665521
always thought it fleshed out cameron's character
ferris is happy with sloane, but cameron is so fucking lonely he'll fall in love with a child in a painting
>>
>>67665521
>>67665626
what the fuck, am i being baited, hes clearly identifying with the child in the picture getting reminded of his own childlike relationship with his father

fuck me
>>
>>67665678
it was just showing looking closer at something reveals nothing
>>
>>67665865
Kind of. It zooms in closer and closer on the girl to reveal there's nothing really there, at least nothing recognizable as a person, and it zooms in on Cameron in the same way so he's worried if he's the same kind of nothingness.
>>
>>67665914
that makes more sense
>>
>>67665626
he doesn't fall in love with the child though
>>
>According to editor Paul Hirsch, in the original cut, the museum scene fared poorly at test screenings until he switched sequences around and Hughes changed the soundtrack.[24]

The piece of music I originally chose was a classical guitar solo played on acoustic guitar. It was nonmetrical with a lot of rubato. I cut the sequence to that music and it also became nonmetrical and irregular. I thought it was great and so did Hughes. He loved it so much that he showed it to the studio but they just went "Ehhh." Then after many screenings where the audience said "The museum scene is the scene we like least", he decided to replace the music.

Anyone know what the original piece was?
>>
File: 1457931327461.jpg (22 KB, 429x451) Image search: [Google]
1457931327461.jpg
22 KB, 429x451
Fucking solid OP!
>>
File: 1457770358625.jpg (30 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1457770358625.jpg
30 KB, 400x388
>>67665282
A friend and I said fuck it, And we're going overseas and doing whatever, no phones or bullshit, just going where it flows. Feels good man.
>>
>>67665521

>Implying plot is all that matters in a film

Pleb
>>
>>67664608
>Ferris Bueller's Day Off
>a feelgood flick
The difference between human beings is astounding. To me this is one of the saddest teenage dramas ever made.
>>
>>67668471
Because for some reason you don't sympathize with Ferris. All he does is feelgood comedy
>>
I think this might be the first time I noticed that spindly sculpture.
>>
>>67668471
difference in ages
>>
This movie is beautiful imo. Hughes' closest attempt at nuance and good characterization through subtlety.
I've watched it about 10 times, when I was little I wanted to be Ferris Bueller but at like 15 I realized Bueller was a cartoon character, he might as well not exist. That's when I started paying attention to Cameron and holy shit what an amazing character.
>>
>>67664582
This movie made me hate my life.

I threw away my teenage years because I started getting bad anxiety at 16. I never went to any parties or had any fun adventures with friends, met girls.

This song fucked me up.
>>
>>67664582
what version of the song is this?
>>
>>67673112
Its Dream Academy's version of Please Let me get what I want. In the actual movie, the instrumental version plays, but I wanted to see it with the lyrics put back in, and it really affects the scene
>>
>>67665521
I always thought it kinda pointed to this idea we're made up of individual moments in our lives and that Cameron was coming to terms with his need to be more adventurous.
>>
So is Cameron the best character?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.