[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with Dark Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 592x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 592x299
Just watched terminator again.

>no quips
>no jokes whatsoever
>people getting murdered everywhere
>even the hero dies
Best Terminator movie by far and one of the best thrillers in history.

Why must movies be funny? All the bitching about BvsS being dark arms humorless.

I saw The Terminator in the theatre in 1984, it was awesome then and still is today. Why is everyone such a fucking pleb piece of shit these days?
>>
>>67663851
No fucking clue anon.
Maybe men are just bigger pussies now rather than then.
The best scenes in that movie easily are the Tech Noir and police station shootouts.
>>
>>67663851
>its another capeshit thread
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 293x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 293x400
>>67663851
>I saw The Terminator in the theatre in 1984

fuck off grampa
>>
File: 1442864448_Nazi_Power_Rangers.gif (2 MB, 425x270) Image search: [Google]
1442864448_Nazi_Power_Rangers.gif
2 MB, 425x270
even children love shit like this, watching adult gritty stuff is an adventure to them , modern manchildren are the problem
>>
Because autists here would rail on it for being "edgy"
>>
>>67664034
>grandpa
Nah, I was 8yo, I am a father not a grandfather

>>67664061
This my kids love this movie
>>
>>67664291

This. It's currently a fad to claim that anything childish is actually mature and anything with mature themes is actually childish. It's basically just desperate contrarianism that will flip back the other direction once a certain threshold is reached.
>>
>>67663851
That movie garbage, who decided that action movies have to be humorless?
>>
>>67663851
>dark arms humorless.
Except there were quips.
>>
>>67663851
>no jokes
Fuck you, asshole.
>>
>>67664786
That wasn't a joke it was an appropriate response to someone bothering him.
>>
File: BvS excuses.jpg (256 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
BvS excuses.jpg
256 KB, 974x1104
>>67663851
Terminator is a good movie.
BvS is a pile of shit.
>>
>>67663851
Oh look, another whiny Batman v Superman thread

>hurr look how clever I am conflating these two movies based on their tone

The only two things they shared were tone. One was well written, well plotted, tightly edited and throughly entertaining and the other was batman v superman
>>
>>67664814
The part before it was a joke. And after it.
>>
>>67663851
>Singleminded killing machine with no empathy
I see where Snyder gets his inspiration for Superman from
>>
>>67663851
>>no jokes whatsoever
>puts ice cream in Sarah's apron
>>
>32 years removed from current movie trends

that's why. also, you're old as fuck, GTFO gramps.
>>
>>67665423
>removed from current movie trends
Did he just cease to exist after he was born?
>gtfo gramps
People have been lurking here since 2004 newfig
>>
>>67664586
>40 years old
jesus christ get the fuck out
>>
>>67663851
One of the reasons i like James Bond over Mission Impossible.
>I dislike most the shit you guys say, but i have to agree that i hate quip action flicks.
>>
>>67665479
no, i was saying that The Terminator is 32 years removed from current movie trends, so naturally it's not gonna fit in with the current standards of movie making, therefore negating any serious discussion the OP was hoping to have.

and i've been lurking since 2004 but i'm 24.
>>
>>67665481
Calm down son.
>>
>>67663851
>Why is everyone such a fucking pleb piece of shit these days?
Millennial generation culture
>>
>>67663851
>no jokes
"Fuck you... Asshole."
>>
>>67663851
>I saw The Terminator in the theatre in 1984, it was awesome then and still is today.

this is the problem

Terminator isn't funny, but he is cool. BvS isn't funny, and it's not cool, either.
>>
>>67663851
I like humor in movies, even serious ones. One of the most memorable things from The Terminator is that one line ("I'll be back"), and that was humor. It was great.

The problem is somehow endless le quipping XDDD is now viewed as humor. I don't know how this ended up happening but it reached its peak in Age of Ultron and it was probably the biggest complaint about the movie. No one liked it, except maybe Joss Whedon and the occasional special ed kid from elementary school. So hopefully that will bring a change to movies being filled with this quipping bullshit and we'll move back to actual humor. You know, like things that make people laugh, rather than cringe.
>>
>>67663851
pretty shit comparison desu, terminator is rated R made on a small budget while BvS was supposed to be huge franchise starter with mass appeal and for that you need stupid one liners and quips
>>
>>67666635

You can't do that
>>
>>67663851

They don't have to be funny but when they are based off of kids characters it's stupid to try to be edgy and dark.
>>
>>67664830

This X 1 million
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.