[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, anyone feel like this is actually a good film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: tdkr.jpg (315 KB, 1600x1050) Image search: [Google]
tdkr.jpg
315 KB, 1600x1050
Memes aside, anyone feel like this is actually a good film?
>>
I thought it was pretty good, but I don't think I'd watch it a third time. Anne Hathaway was fine as hell and some of the cinematography was really good. I wouldn't call it a capekino or anything and there was some retarded decisions made in the plot, but it's overall enjoyable.
The ending is still stupid as fuck to this day
>>
It was above average for capeshit. Some decent action. The Dark Knight is better but Rises is a worthy finale to the trilogy.
>>
>>67663694

My biggest issue is the Talia twist tbqh. Shit was tacked on and her death scene was laughable.
>>
BB: 7/10
TDK: 10/10
TDKR: 6/10
>>
>>67663638
It's a good film and a great film for capeshit.
>>
Would TDK be as critically acclaimed as it is today or is it built on Ledger's death? His rendition of Joker is godtier but surely some of the momentum of the praise for it has to be vaulted by his death
>>
>>67663638
I retroactively hate it, but at the time I thought it was revolutionary.
>>
It looks a lot better now that the only capeshit we get now is edgy depressing Snyder shit or Quippy rainbow Marvel garbage
>>
>>67663962
I still think TDK is a great capeshit movie. The pacing is good, there's only two big villains, lots of good action and bat tech. Ledger's performance was also great. The posthumous oscar was a little much though.
>>
>>67663944
>>67663730
>>67663694
so this is the kind of dumbasses that talk about this movie and about "capeshit" and "capekino" and stuff?

the dark knight rises is a terrible film. Bane is a meme because the scene is ridiculous. Well, watch past that scene more than once. It's full of CRINGE from beggining to end
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>67664084
Hothead detected
>>
>>67664084
>one goofy as fuck meme scene makes a movie bad
>especially a capeshit movie which are never held to high standards for acting

It's a good superhero flick. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>67663638
It's a genuine 7
>>
>>67663730
More or less this.

I get a little annoyed at the "99%" theme.
>>
>>67663638
The best one since the silent era
>>
>>67663638
Far from perfect, but I liked it.
And I liked Bane before the memes.
>>
>>67663908
This is essentially accurate.
>>
>>67663638
I thought it didn't fit in with the established world nor did it really seem to make much logical sense in a vacuum. A step down from TDK.
>>
Remember that Plinkett review of Star Wars Episode I where he talks about how the climax to each film got more and more complex until it became a clusterfuck? Well The Dark Knight Rises had the same exact problem.

Nolan tried to tell a story with a huge "scope" but by doing so he needlessly complicated a bunch of scenes. When Batman is chasing Bane on the motorcycle we pointlessly cut to Gordon watching the chase on a television, and we also needlessly cut to Dagett watching the chase on telelvision, and we also cut to Catwoman watching the chase on television. So what could have just been a tense scene focusing entirely on just Batman pursuing the bad guy (like the chase in The Dark Knight) became obfuscated with needless cuts.

The same thing happens in the climax. It could have just been a scene where Batman chases the bomb, but instead we cut to Fox at the power station typing on a computer, Catwoman rolling around on the batpod, Robin on the bridge, Gordon planting the radio blocker, and the police riot, and shots of Talia shouting at the driver.

The film would have been better if it had more focus, rather than ensuing every single character had something to do at all times.
>>
>>67664177
>It's a good superhero flick.
No it's fucking not. The only good portrayal is Catwoman. Everybody is else, especially Bale, is painful to watch.
>>
File: AngryGibson.jpg (93 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
AngryGibson.jpg
93 KB, 650x1000
Memes aside, does anyone actually think /tv/ is a good board?
>>
>>67664543
There was literally nothing wrong with JGL's performance
>>
>>67664478
This is probably because after Inception, Nolan's films became utter clusterfucks. Both in plot and cinematography.
>>
It's a good movie, just had some clunky direction. The themes and conclusion for the trilogy actually works really well I think
>>
>>67663638
This was great right upto the point when they relegated bane to henchmen level and talia as the main antagonist.

Still a good capeshit
>>
File: 1458486238045.jpg (138 KB, 646x960) Image search: [Google]
1458486238045.jpg
138 KB, 646x960
I love it. It truly is an amazing film.
>>
>>67664668
Bane was Talia's henchman/lover for a while in a few comic runs.
>>
It was stupid as all hell.
Tom Hardy's most hated role and I'm pretty sure he has nothing but disdain for Nolan.
>>
>>67664571
I don't know why I keep coming back here.
People actually defend reddit now.
Fuck this place.
>>
memes aside, does anyone seriously expect a reasonable conversation when they open with: "memes asides,"?
>>
>>67664746
no.
>>
>>67664746
no
>>
>>67664084
>It's full of CRINGE
Wherever you came from, go back
>>
>>67664571
I only come here ironicallly and mainly because I intend to jump off a seven level building in a few days.
>>
>>67664771
sorry not enouwh current memewords for you?
>>
>>67664571
Good is relative.

I'm a dark motherfucker who is done with his life so this place is perfect for me.
>>
>>67663638
everything was cringe. Massive letdown after the first two
>>
>>67663638
In hindsight, not really. I think I prefer Batman v Superman over The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
I didn't like the 99%ers angle it took because it felt heavy handed. TDK and BB did have a pretty obvious political allegory with terrorism and stretching the law, but that always felt more personal to Batman and how he fits with Gotham. idk how 99%ers fit with Batman's character besides "he's a rich guy that helps everyone"
>>
The first time I watched TDKR, I was really unimpressed. The plot holes were just these glaring problems throughout the entire movie.

When I watched it again a while later, my opinion of it improved. I was able to look past the plot holes and experience the engaging emotional character arcs of the story.

The plot holes are still there, and they still annoy the crap out of me, but there's actual substance to the story that I do appreciate.
>>
If Ben Mendelsohn was the final boss and the Uzbekistan scene, the chase scene, and the Agency scenes were the main focus, it would literally be a 10/10 movie.
>>
File: joseph-gordon-levitt.png (207 KB, 323x636) Image search: [Google]
joseph-gordon-levitt.png
207 KB, 323x636
>>67663638
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67663638
for you
>>
TDKR is a good action flick, but its story is a mess.

Characters possess information they shouldn't have, hothead is a useless character who exists only for Nolan to give his buddy JGL a role, Talia subplot is stupid, Bane's entire plot is to posture as a populist ruler of Gotham just to fuck with Batman and the entire plan is rendered moot by a rock thrown at a TV, etc
>>
Does anyone else think Batman Begins was actually the best of the trilogy?

Rewaching TDK, there's just so much that stretches credulity. Where it shines, it's shines brightly. But where it flops, it flops hard.

TDKR has similar issues, but with far less shining and far more bad/corny acting. TDK, despite a fairly stupid plot, if you actually take the time to think about it, is carried by extremely solid performances from all involved. TDKR? Not so much.

Batman Begins just gets it all right. The acting is solid. The story is believable yet still engaging. The cinematography, sound, everything is just spot-on. Is it a 10/10 film? No, it's probably closer to 8/10. But it's extremely consistent, as I don't think there's a single quality to it that falls too much below that mark, and a good number hit well above.
>>
I've been listening to this about once a week, it's so fucking chill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJroOnp7-Rg
>>
>>67666472
Begins has awful action scenes because Bale couldn't move around in the suit. It just resorts to shaky cam every time he has to punch someone.

It's much better when it's in Year One mode and he's just taking on the mafia, once the League shows up again and it becomes a doomsday plot to gas gotham it gets much less interesting
>>
File: YEAH THATS GOOD CUT.gif (1009 KB, 245x186) Image search: [Google]
YEAH THATS GOOD CUT.gif
1009 KB, 245x186
My biggest problem with TDKR is they take Batman out of Gotham and throw him / the audience in a giant fucking prison pit for what felt like 2 hours. Almost completely lost interest in the film while Bruce was in the pit
>>
>>67666699
I'd throw myself into Marion Cotillard's pit, if you catch my drift
>>
>>67663638

All three of the Nolan Batman films have some pretty glaring flaws in hindsight, but they're a solid trilogy that is really well shot, well acted and concludes decently.

My take on Nolan is a lot of the time he'll go for the emotional punch over logic. Nowhere is that clearer than at the end of TDKR - (or certain key moments of Insterstellar) if you stop and think about it, it's fucking dumb that Batman could eject safely and detonate the bomb far enough away not to hurt anyone, and THEN disappear and never be found again.

But that's not why it was included - it's supposed to tug at your heartstrings and make you feel for Bruce Wayne. Michael Caine nails that scene at the funeral too.

Ironically, Nolan's best movie (The Prestige) has the least amount of those emotion over internal consistency moments imo.

tl;dr, I like it as much as the other two films in the trilogy and they're all really solid works of cinema.

You don't get to bring friends
>>
I was really excited for this movie. I saw it twice in theaters (IMAX and digital) and once at home when it came out online.

It has some pretty great moments and the feeling it's going to be a great movie, but it doesn't deliver. Too many characters and a pretty convoluted plot keep it from being that.

>Batman Begins - 8/10
>The Dark Knight - 10/10
>The Dark Knight Rises - 6/10
>>
>>67664084
nah fuck you it's good
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.