[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch Naked Lunch >Expect awesome body horror >It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: nakedlunch.png (1 MB, 1249x621) Image search: [Google]
nakedlunch.png
1 MB, 1249x621
>watch Naked Lunch
>Expect awesome body horror
>It's just a bunch of homo shit
>>
>>67662500
>not reading the book
>not loving steely Dan

Nice dubs but you're a pleb
>>
>>67662500
>>67662532
I agree you gotta read the book. and its probably the funniest movie ever!
>>
> I can think of 2 things wrong with that title

Its a cool adaption by Cronenburg, but the book is a whole nother level of mindfuck, because he literally cut it up and reassembled the pieces. The jumbled words work subconsciously on your brain in a way a linear narrative film can not. Now, if the film was itself cut up and rearranged, that would be closer to the effect of the book.
>>
>based on a burroughs novel
>surprised by homo shit
buddy...
>>
File: _1376499628.jpg (517 KB, 600x852) Image search: [Google]
_1376499628.jpg
517 KB, 600x852
what about sack lunch?
>>
>>67662500
Sexual ambulance you say?
>>
>>67662899
>The jumbled words work subconsciously on your brain in a way a linear narrative film can not.
Oooh, you've got my attention. I love mindfuckery like this, like House Of Leaves or John Dies At The End level of weirdness.
>>
can someone explain the ending?
>>
>>67663081
Naked lunch is pretty tame compared to a later trilogy of his. I read "the soft machine" when I was in mental hospital, it fit the general tone and environment very well.

Burroughs also made a few cutup films in the 60s, one is called "towers open fire". Well worth a watch. Influenced Brian Eno's music a heap too.
>>
>>67662771
The book is a piece of shit
>>
>>67662500
so, not nyotaimori?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.