[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>full cgi dwarves fucking dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: dudecgilmao.png (622 KB, 679x562) Image search: [Google]
dudecgilmao.png
622 KB, 679x562
>full cgi dwarves

fucking dropped
>>
After seeing the Face Off episode on Warcraft I'm glad they went CGI for as many races as possible. The Warcraft aesthetic would simply not translate very well or very accurately using makeup.
>>
>>67662274
Not entirely CGI it's an actor in mocap. I like the look tbqh.
>>
File: makeupdwarves.png (286 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
makeupdwarves.png
286 KB, 400x420
>>67662487
Even the CGI shitfest Hobbit movies managed to pull the dwarf look with makeup.
>>
They make dwarves look pretty strong. Are there strong dwarves irl?
>>
File: jr.jpg (41 KB, 475x650) Image search: [Google]
jr.jpg
41 KB, 475x650
>>67662734
>Are there strong dwarves irl?
a few
>>
File: dain.png (1 MB, 1005x800) Image search: [Google]
dain.png
1 MB, 1005x800
>>67662625
DAIN?
>>
>>67662734
Pretty sure there was a dwarf powerlifter whose squat + bench + deadlift was like 6x his bodyweight.
>>
>>67662625
>implying Warcraft got the budget to do half the things the Hobbit was able to do
>>
>>67662574
Being in mocap doesn't make it not CGI you fuckwad.

Lots of video game cutscenes are in mocap but you wouldn't call them live action
>>
>>67662487
this, the warcraft art style comes through better in the CGI
>>
>>67662827
Can we agree the Warcraft dwarf CGI looks better than the Hobbit dward CGI?
>>
>>67662625
Yeah, with a 250 million dollar budget and they only had that small group done with make-up. Did you ever ask yourself why the majority of the rest were done in CGI? Because it would have been a huge undertaking to make hundreds of characters that looked as believable and it would have cost a ton. Each one of them needed a lot of work. I remember watching the Appendices of LotR and they said Gimli was by far the hardest to do, make-up and prosthetic wise.

Now imagine Warcraft with all the different races and the fact that unlike LotR, you had a very specific aesthetic that people have been around for years in the games that had to be accurately translated on screen. And more races coming down the road. It would have been shit. CGI was the way to go for this.
>>
>>67662274
It is done. Finished. Capeshit is finished!
>>
>>67662827
why was he CGI? I never understood this
>>
File: joe-rogan-489x670.jpg (60 KB, 489x670) Image search: [Google]
joe-rogan-489x670.jpg
60 KB, 489x670
>>67662765
What a weird shop
>>
>>67662625
They look like shit compared to OP's dwarf
>>
>>67664024
the actor has alzheimers
>>
>>67662274
Is this Ironforge?
>>
>>67664263
Most likely.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.