[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What We Do in the Shadows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 347356845.png (38 KB, 282x231) Image search: [Google]
347356845.png
38 KB, 282x231
I can't stand the Flight of the Concord guys. Several of my friends love them, but I just can't. I feel like their comedy is forced. I just don't like them.

My buddies and I are gonna watch "What We Do in the Shadows" this weekend, and as soon as I looked it up, I see this guy from Flight of the Concords in it (Jemaine Clement), and it just ruins it for me.

Will I enjoy this movie, even if this guy is in it, poisoning the entire thing? Is it any good? Am I missing the humor?
>>
>>67657114
OP, stop being a fucking faggot.
>>
>>67657114
its a good movie and he's one of the main characters but doesn't get too many lines you fag just watch it
>>
>>67657114
I'm not even a fan of them but their humor isn't nearly as "forced" as most comedians. That's retarded.
>>
>>67657114

Brett?
>>
You're probably a retard. Not necessarily because you don't like them, you just seem kind of retarded.
>>
It's pretty good and I don't like Flight of the Conchords either. If you have an acoustic guitar and are doing comedy you can fuck off
>>
>>67657114
t. Massive Faggot
>>
>>67657245
Agreed.
>>
>>67657114
it's a chick flick. tried watching it with my sister , couldn't make it more than 20 mins.
>>
>>67657325
Thanks for the warning.
>>
I didn't like their show. Their music is funny and their hbo special was hilarious.
>>
>>67657325
t. Faggot

Get some taste, GOD DAMN.
>>
>>67657114
Boring hipster movie where nothing happens. Not sure why the critics love it. Would've been better as a sitcom
>>
Its sort of funny but completely plotless and not funny enough to work for 2 hours
>>
What a bunch of incorrect faggots.

It was a funny movie
>>
>>67657114
i dont know what flight of the concords is but i can assure you that the movie is funny af
if you liked horror comedies like evil dead and dead alive you'll like this one
>>
>>67657114
I didn't like flight of the concord that much but this movie is pretty good and unique, definitely worth a watch.
>>
the movie is hit and miss and not all that cohesive, but there were a lot of bits in it that i really enjoyed
jemaine doesn't do anything that annoying that i can recall, he fits well with the rest of the cast
>>
>>67657332
>>67657325
Your loss
>>
>>67657114
great movie
he was also in Gentlemen's Bronco, another great film!
>>
>>67657114
this film isn't anything like the Flight of The Conchords really. Not just in terms of presentation and subject matter but the comedic style is quite different.

So you may enjoy it
>>
File: jemaine.jpg (81 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
jemaine.jpg
81 KB, 600x367
>>67657325
>a chick flick

have you even seen it?
>>
>>67657206
Your beard is good.
>>
>>67657114
holy crap, I never recognized him before

it's a pretty good movie imo
>>
>>67658195
Fair enough. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4000
Flight of the Conchords is one of my favourite shows of all time desu senpai
>>
File: welp.jpg (67 KB, 504x277) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
67 KB, 504x277
>>67657827
>not funny enough to work for 2 hours
That's good, then
>>
>>67658239
I mean that the "humor" in it is entirely geared towards women. it's like a wes anderson movie
>>
>>67657114
Holy shit, that guy was Vlad? I didn't even recognize him.
>>
>>67657114
Flight of the Concords and Rhys Darby are painfully unfunny, and seen as unfunny by most Kiwis, but Kiwis also have rabbid patriotism that tries to sell them to the world as best they can.

Rhys Darby is honestly about as funny as Dai Henwood
>>
>leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_VWGV6_N9o
>>
>>67657114
good film, go watch
>>
>>67657114
>doesn't like FOTC
I'm so flippping you the bird right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vgmp4MmfG0
>>
>>67658967
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>67659028

Listen kid I'm partially weapons trained. Don't EVER respond to me again. America, you have a problem.
>>
Season 1 of Flight of the Conchords is some of the tightest most well-performed comedy every put to film
>>
>>67659028
Why butcher the thing like that?
>>
>>67658879
Didn't even smile once

The rest of the film is better than this right?
>>
>>67659117
Try hard.
>>
>>67659149
I can smile while I'm not watching it, the video was just vaguely depressing in how not funny it was. Like someone had the idea "what if you had a dating reality tv skit but it was a vampire in it instead" and no-one had any ideas past that to make it funny.
>>
>>67659117
I pity you, my son
>>
File: 1441684840378.png (41 KB, 375x455) Image search: [Google]
1441684840378.png
41 KB, 375x455
>>67657114
>friends
>>
Watched it with my group of friends. Everyone was well entertained.

Any other recommendations for mockumentaries and anything along the same lines of comedy?
>>
>>67657325
>he ate the bisgetti
>>
>>67657114
the movie's good, here's one of my fav scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2kVatQKkA
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.