[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad that I actually enjoyed the cinematography in this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Is it bad that I actually enjoyed the cinematography in this?
>>
DUDE SYMMETRY LMAO
>>
That's all the movie was. But that's why I liked it.
>>
>>67655394
No, but that's pretty much all Anderson's movies have going for them.
>>
File: wes9.png (132 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
wes9.png
132 KB, 460x276
>>
>>67655427
It's not just symmetric composition, though.

The opening shot was a horizontal pan that moved with the character as he approached a door.

It was... strangely elegant.
>>
Anderson has such relaxing composition. Using simple elements to tell complex themes and character interactions is so soothing. I love the way Tenebaums and Moonrise are filmed. It makes the stories so nice.
>>
>>67655651
>enjoying the films of Wes Anderson
LOL
>>
>>67655651
>complex themes
IBYETFOWA
>>
>>67655689
Name a dircetor with more comfortable films. From score to cinematography to casting there's something so smooth and enjoyable. Even Budapest. Which has action scenes. Is so comfortable in its pacing.
>>
>>67655698
I mean. Tenenbaums alone has about 7 different character developments and themes going on. He handles then fairly well.
>>
>>67655651

Bottle Rocket is totally different though. The only thing it has in common is its... innocence? sweetness?
>>
>>67656061
Bottle rocket is also amongst his first films.
>>
>>67655884
>>67655910
>This is what Wes Anderson fans actually believe
>>
>>67655394
something something films of wes anderson
no but seriously, this movie looks great, don't be so hard on yourself
>>
no, it looks great
>>
Very comfy and genuinely funny movie anon. Good taste.
>>
>>67655394
I'm not an Anderson fan at all but I fucking loved this movie, including the cinematography.
>>
File: 1435568877584.jpg (20 KB, 406x395) Image search: [Google]
1435568877584.jpg
20 KB, 406x395
>>67655394
>Is it bad that I actually enjoyed the pretty pictures in this?

I fixed your post for you, kiddo. No need to thank me.
>>
grand budapest is a fucking masterpiece i dont care what anyone says about wes this movie is GOAT
>>
>>67655394
why would that be bad?
>>
>>67655540
PUT IT
IN
THE MIDDLE
>>
>>67657768
stay in school
>>
File: Gustave H.jpg (85 KB, 913x706) Image search: [Google]
Gustave H.jpg
85 KB, 913x706
>tfw he maintained the illusion with a marvelous grace

GOAT movie
>>
What's supposed to be wrong with this movie... Or with Wes Anderson in general?

Wonderfully colorful, great music, great casts, good acting. They're really comfy, stylistic, nice, movies. Sure, it may not be elaborate, but the fact that Wes Anderson has an identifiable style puts him ahead of 80% of directors.
>>
>>67658713
Nothing is wrong with it. People who say they don't like it either don't "get it" or are just being edgy
>>
>>67658713
>The year of our Lord 2016
>enjoying the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>67655394
Contrarians who think they know what cinematography is are usually the ones calling this bad. This is literally the definition of kino.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.