[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Batman Returns CapeKino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: catwoman.jpg (941 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
catwoman.jpg
941 KB, 1920x1080
Is Batman Returns CapeKino?
>>
>>67653453
Tim Burton is a production designer who masquerades as a director. Can't direct action for shit in this movie.
>>
>>67653453
It's the best Batman film, that's for sure.
>>
>>67653493
Well Batman Returns had some good production design. The costumes were good, and indoor sets looked fine. Gotham Square looked really fucking tiny and fake, and the paltry amount of extras made it even more obvious.

Not that I don't like the movie. It's pretty retarded, but it's style over substance, and the style is pretty nice.
>>
>>67653453

>Best Batman
>Best capeshit
>Best Burton

Yes
>>
>>67653453
So I understand she has thimbles on her fingers, but what are those pointy things attached to them? Things actually used in sewing or something else?
>>
>>67653649
middle finger on her left hand looks like one of those nail files you get in nail clippers. So I'm guessing yes
>>
>>67653649
I don't think it's addressed but I believe its basically Swiss Army Knife stuff for breaking locks and general burglary. They double as hand-to-hand weapons.
>>
>>67653780
this makes sense. thanks anon
>>
Literal kino

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C2FNByoRGjY
>>
>>67653493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78lwKBIQYs
>>
It had a lot more weird, one-liner/quip dialogue than I remembered. It really stuck out the last time I watched it.
>They wouldn't put me on a pedestal, so I'll lay 'em on a SLAB!
>Sickos never scare me. Least they're committed.
>Eat floor - high fiber
>>
>>67653925
Don't get me started, the first Batman is even worse.
>>
Keaton best Batman
>>
>>67653453
No because it's actually good
>>
LIKE A HARP FROM HELL
>>
>>67653453

I hate capecancer, but it's unironically one of my all-time favorite movies. Maybe because it really doesn't feel like a superhero movie and actively avoids being a manchild power fantasy.
>>
Was there any reason beyond my pleb comprehension that Chirstopher Walken's character was named after the guy who played Count Orlock?
>>
>>67653453
It's as deep as Batman vs. Superman
>>
HELLO
THERE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZE1oht2ZxY
>>
File: 12-batman.jpg (459 KB, 1808x907) Image search: [Google]
12-batman.jpg
459 KB, 1808x907
Yes. Catwoman in that movie was one of my first faps.
>>
>>67653453
"Kino" is any movie that isn't popular (or which used to be popular but has been overshadowed by other, newer movies) among the general public, which thus makes it popular on /tv/, regardless of actual quality. Anyone who uses "kino" seriously is, in fact, a hipster.
>>
>>67654428
Because Burton is heavily influenced by German Expressionism
>>
>>67654707
That's true, but the reference just seemed pretty randomly aimed in that direction. A reference to Caligari or something would've been much clearer to pick up on.

Also, I vaguely recall Shreck's "power plant" was actually going to siphon the excess of energy Gotham had (or some bullshit to that effect) instead of contributing to the surplus, so maybe his corrupt/parasitic businessman shtick was meant to be equated to vampirism on some level.
>>
>>67653561
>Best Burton
No.
>>
>>67653453
it was good but it needed MORE BAT BUTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmOo-rHNb8
>>
>>67653561
>>Best Batman

So much this Michael Keaton was amazing.

And I'm convinced Bale stole the Batman growl voice idea from Michelle's Catwoman.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeEz9oE17ac

Best scene right here. Almost feels like it's from a different movie.
>>
>>67653453
why did the guy who owned a department store also design a electricity factory that just stole energy and didn't produce any?
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS????
>>
>>67658215
>plot holes so big you could drive a truck through them
>>
File: ough.jpg (32 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
ough.jpg
32 KB, 600x619
>>67653453
>ITT: Nostalgia tricking people into thinking a garbage movie was kino
>>
what is this kino meme??

What does it mean??
>>
>>67658215
leftover subplot for Billy Dee Williams when he was going to be turned into 2-face at the end?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.