[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only referencing this movie and the establishment provided therein,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: alfred_irons.jpg (20 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
alfred_irons.jpg
20 KB, 600x307
Only referencing this movie and the establishment provided therein, without mentioning anything you learned about him from another work, explain to me who this character is.
>>
He is the care-taker of Bruce.
>>
when the first trailer came out i thought he would be gordon
he just doesn't have that butler look or outfit
>>
>>67651390
Batman's butler.
>>
What's the point of this thread?
>>
Tangerine Man
>>
>>67651390

His gay uncle
>>
Batman's assistant. They've known each other for a long time. Maybe he was the first Batman and Batfleck took over?
>>
Tony Stark aka Iron Man
>>
>>67651505
I think OP wants to prove the character's lack of characterization.
>>
batman's gay lover and tech manager
>>
File: 1450486547434.jpg (70 KB, 364x460) Image search: [Google]
1450486547434.jpg
70 KB, 364x460
>>67651593
>character's lack of characterization.

Oh wow, for someone who doesnt know who Alfred is, it really becomes this creepy situation.....a single older guy that lives with a single middle age guy, and the older guy watches him get into a rubber costume
>>
Accomplice to murder. Most definitely psychotic.
>>
File: 1437609491481.jpg (165 KB, 762x762) Image search: [Google]
1437609491481.jpg
165 KB, 762x762
>>67651761
And some times a young teen boy lives with them too
>>
>>67651593

>not knowing who Alfred is

stay at home. this is why we can't have nice things. people can't handle even a moderate degree of ambiguity.
>>
>>67651761
>lives with

He doesn't even seem to live there. For all the movie tells us, he's just some guy who shows up in the Batcave, occasionally helps Bruce manage his gear, and has a serious preoccupation with Bruce getting married and having kids.
>>
>>67651390
I'd say he's Bruce's inventor/best friend of sorts
Kinda like Morgan Freeman was in the Nolan series. But I'm not allowed to reference that
as if Bruce is the only friend he's ever had since high school because they both were too smart for the rest of the plebs
>>
>>67651456
Hes meant to be Bruce's bodyguard instead of care taker in this film I think
>>
>>67651390
Name's Alfred, man-servant / butler / care-taker / assistant to Bruce Wayne. Also his confidant, knows he is Batman. Has been around since Bruce's parents died.

The film had issues, but that was not one.
>>
>>67651977
>batman's bodyguard
>>
>>67651390

Some guys that talks with Batfleck and helps him.
>>
>>67651901
When's the comedy coming out with Bruce bringing back women to the batcave as Alfred disaproves of them all?
>>
What's the worst incarnation of Alfred?

For me it's Arkham City. He's just a fucking jerk in that.
>>
>>67651390
His name is Alfred, and i think it was mentioned that he has known Bruce since his childhood although i could be wrong. Either way though, he seems to be some sort of genius mechanic / engineer (he was seen fixing the bat mobile and the voice thingy) who helps Bruce Wayne fight crime by taking care of the bat cave and Batman's gadgets, and by giving him advice over an ear piece. He seems really smart, Bruce often listens to him (don't break in as batman dude, just go to his party as bruce wayne). It's not very well established that he is Bruce's butler, but it was shown that he handles all his letters so he's at least some kinda personal assisstant or servant

Did you try to do that thing Plinkett did, where we're supposed to describe a character but then we can't? well you failed.
>>
File: Harold_Allnut_001.jpg (195 KB, 916x1385) Image search: [Google]
Harold_Allnut_001.jpg
195 KB, 916x1385
>>67651901
>He doesn't even seem to live there. For all the movie tells us, he's just some guy who shows up in the Batcave, occasionally helps Bruce manage his gear, and has a serious preoccupation with Bruce getting married and having kids.

It's the Bat-hobo!
>>
>>67652161
>Did you try to do that thing Plinkett did, where we're supposed to describe a character but then we can't?

You just described what he does so you would have failed the Plinkett test.
>>
>>67652150
There is no absolute trash version of Alfred
Even in Injustice where everyone acts stupidly and out of characters, he kicks Superman's ass like it's nothing.
>>
>>67652077
>Name's Alfred, man-servant / butler / care-taker / assistant to Bruce Wayne
The movie does not establish him as any of these. The most we get is seeing him at the Wayne's funeral, but that was a dream. Being in the dark about who he is is what makes this...

>Also his confidant, knows he is Batman.

...so baffling.

And yeah, we know he's Alfred. But neither he, nor Lex for that matter, get a proper establishment, and even if we know who they are, it feels wrong in terms of the movie's flow. You're right, the movie does have issues, and the Alfred thing is a side-effect of one of them, that being that the movie has ADD and can't concentrate enough on anything long enough for the characters to feel whole or clear.
>>
>>67652309

Lex is clear in the film I think, he is established as a rich scientist who is kinda crazy and wants to kill Superman because he is a threat to humanity. That's all that we really need to know.
>>
>>67652408
>because he is a threat to humanity.

That doesn't seem to be why. We get a sense that he has some kind of personal resentment, but it's never explained in detail. He just starts going off about his abusive dad, because if villains have terrible childhoods it explains everything.
>>
Is there a single person who went to watch this and didn't know who Alfred is? No. So why waste time with exposition?
>>
>>
>>67652309
what... he calls him Alfred. Alfred calls Bats Master Wayne on at least one occasion. He has been around for at least 20 years from dialogue, even if you think the entire funeral scene was a dream and not just the bats lifting up Bruce.
>>
>>67652573
>That doesn't seem to be why.

That's what he literally says in the film, Kryptonite is needed in order to kill Superman as a contingency.

There is nothing that indicates resentment towards Superman, that's comicbook fanboys projecting the shitty comic version of Lex into the film.

The dad comment is just an off-hand comment, it's just to explain why he is sociopath.
>>
>>67652603
This. You guys complain when all these reboots keep going over the same shit we already know again and again, but when they just skim over the stuff everyone knows to get to the new stuff, you still complain.
>>
>>67652717
>There is nothing that indicates resentment towards Superman

Except how passionate he is about killing him, and the lengths to which he goes to prove Supes is a fraud.
>>
>>67652793

Maybe he just enjoys killing big guys. If you were a sociopath you would know the pleasure you could deride from simple things.
>>
>>67652603
>>67652603
Because even if we know who he is outside of this movie, this version should still feel like a complete character. It would've taken one or two more lines of dialogue. That's it. But the movie can't concentrate on anything that isn't a fight for more than thirty seconds.
>>
Do you have a lot of older men around you who call you sir, sometimes, master, and prepare you your meals and refurbish all your gadgets?
>>
>>67652893

I never had a gay lover but it sounds like a nice thing to have.
>>
>>67652887
Exactly
Also, what about Perry White? Is he married? Where did he study? So many questions.
>>
File: mindblowngraphic.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
mindblowngraphic.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>67652958
why is his name white when he is black?
>>
>>67652939
Sorry this description made your gaydar tingle, but for us heterosexuals, it just sounds like a butler.
The guy even has an English accent
>>
>>67651390
Same could be done for Superman. Without referencing MoS or anything else about him, all we know is he's some alien that had fought another of his race and ended up destroying parts of Metropolis. What's his fucking deal, anyway?
>>
>>67651977
>bodyguard
nigga what?
>>67651390
its Q
>>
>>67653031
>The guy even has an English accent

That only reinforces the point that he is a faggot.
>>
>>67651927
>Kinda like Morgan Freeman was in the Nolan series.
freeman played the ceo of wayne corp
>>
>>67651390
Handyman for some billionaire that acts almost as a father figure.
>>
>>67653089
>That only reinforces the point that he is a faggot.

kek, my sides ran into superman and doomsday in orbit
>>
>>67651471

He never acted like a butler in the movie. More like Batman's mechanic.
>>
>>67652717
>There is nothing that indicates resentment towards Superman
apart from the whole kidnapping his mother, kidnapping his girlfriend, illegally importing kryptonite to make weapons to kill him, raving about god complexes, blowing up a congress hearing resulting in mass murder in order to "frame him" (or no reason at all but to make superman sad)
>>
>>67653301
>(or no reason at all but to make superman sad)
Pretty sure it was also to get his vengeance on Holly Hunter for making his life more difficult by refusing to accept the transport of the kryptonite

Lex is that petty; if you don't follow exactly what he asks of you, you're in the way.
>>
You don't make kino by adhering to "rules" like character establishment, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>67653301
>apart from the whole kidnapping his mother, kidnapping his girlfriend, illegally importing kryptonite to make weapons to kill him,

He did all that in order to set up Batman to kill him, which he almost did until the scriptwriter decided they needed to change the movie into a Justice League prologue.

>raving about god complexes

He is constantly mocking humanity ideas of God through the entire film. He is making a mockery of Superman and treating him like an idiot with too much power, which he totally is.

Lex did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>67653264

That's because he's not a butler. He was the Wayne's bodyguard, and stuck around to take care of Bruce when they died.
>>
>>67652958
We see Perry White at his job. When we only see Alfred hang around the Batcave, which we can assume is supposed to be a place of utmost secrecy due to Bruce wearing a mask and needing a voice changer, it raises the question as to who this dude is and what he did to get Bruce to trust him enough with all this.

The best we can conclude from the movie is that he's some kind of operative Bruce hired to aid with Batman stuff.
>>
The film assumed we knew a lot about this incarnation of Batman, but of course had to do the fucking parent death scene yet again.
>>
>>67653512
That's pretty generous of Bruce to keep the bodyguard of his dead parents around
>>
>>67653399
>Pretty sure it was also to get his vengeance on Holly Hunter for making his life more difficult
he was already importing before she even rejected it, bruce was going on about the white portuguese long before she even went to tell lex no.

lex's reasoning's are childlike and retarded and nothing like a stoic mastermind of business and intimidation. the writing is shit, and it doesn;t help getting fucking zukerberg. It's like the character was written after the casting rather then before.

imagine spacey, hacman or rosenbaum delivering these lines.
>>
>>67653264
what about when bruce drinking the wine
>>
>>67651390
batman's gadget expert/roommate/only friend
>>
>>67651390
He is Bruce's caretaker and surrogate parental figure. He is Bruce's partner in his war on crime, and has been a part of his life since at least the death of his parents. He is a mechanic and a butler.

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>67653609
Still, she said no. His ego won't allow him to let that go just like that.
I completely agree with you; he wasn't the stoic mastermind we know. He was way too manic and emotional, and with no "dignity" or charisma.

Still, I thought that there was still a core of Luthor in there. Not the best version of the character by any mean, but I can accept that Luthor can be this way at this point of the Superman mytho.
>>
>>67653782
>I can't read, and I must post
>>
>>67653833
>Only referencing this movie and the establishment provided therein, without mentioning anything you learned about him from another work, explain to me who this character is.

Okay, tell me what I missed. I get the feeling you want to be Mike Stoklasa, but you aren't nearly clever enough.
>>
>>67653089
>drops two references to gayness in two posts
Just suck a dick, Chad. You'll feel better
>>
>>67654011

I don't see what's wrong about saying that a gay character is gay.
>>
>>67653961
>tell me what I missed
the thread you deranged faggot
>>
>>67654084
projecting your own self-unaccepted dick-cravings that much

>lel this character is so gay, what a faggy faggot, he sucks dick r... right?
>>
>>67652099
kek
>>
>>67651761
The only time you see them at home is after Batman fucks a random woman.
>>
>>67653545
He's right there at the beginning of the film chasing after child Bruce at the funeral of his parents saying something like "Master Bruce come back" as babby bruce is running into the woods
>>
>>67651390
An old man that helped Batman?
>>
He looks exactly like Robert Downey Jr.
>>
>>67657249
Found the twelvy
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.