[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with most of the star wars special features leaking now I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (123 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
123 KB, 480x360
So with most of the star wars special features leaking now I have to say they honestly make the movie look worse. How could anybody sit in a theater and watch this shitty speeder chase. Thank fuck they cut carrie fischers scenes as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNpoWOZsFo
>>
>>67649656
>So with most of the star wars special features leaking now I have to say they honestly make the movie look worse.

That is why they are deleted/cut scenes, dumbshit.
>>
>>67649656
>carbon copy of the forest chase scene in RotJ but on a snowy planet like Hoth
does this fucking movie have a single original idea
>>
>>67649907
The beats aren't at all the same, you fucking nigger

you were going "this is reddit, this is memes" the whole time you were watching the movie, weren't you?
>>
>>67650112
sorry I don't speak autism
>>
>>67649907
uhhh no

carrie fischer is the fucking worst that doped up plastic crypt keeper tipped the movie over the edge for me

they should have recast her character and kept han
>>
>Deletes all the weaker scenes
>Final cut is 13min long
>>
>>67649656
Didn't someone say there was a scene that got cut where Leia speaks with the Republic senator that later gets killed by the Starkiller Base? The film really needed that exposition on the status quo of the galaxy post RotJ.
>>
>>67650112
the autism is strong in this one
>>
>>67650646
Yeah, but you really think some exposition about the political state of the galaxy that nobody but Wookiepedia autists care about is worth ruining Leia's emotionally poignant reunion with Han?
>>
>>67650646
>The film really needed that exposition on the status quo of the galaxy post RotJ.
This is my #1 complaint. We have absolutely no idea what's actually going on in the galaxy. The first time we hear about the Republic it's being blown up--why do we care?
>>
I downloaded the deleted scenes, but there should be more of them.

Like the one in Maz Kanata's castle.
It was show here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzPCHU92v0
>>
>>67650983
Link to the download I have been really wanting to watch a lot of the BTS
>>
>>67650900

really they should have been able to communicate what was going on in the galaxy without having a fuck load of exposition, but even exposition is better than nothing

really they needed to tie in the opening scavenger scenes with either the first order or the republic so we had some grounding
>>
>>67651073
everything you needed to know was explained

I'm sorry the phantom menace made you think Star Wars is about senate hearings and trade negotiations
>>
>>67651167

m8 i still have no idea why the first order was blowing shit up other than them being the lel evil guys

at least sheevs plot to take over the galaxy sort of made sense
>>
>>67651024
google this

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens 2015 BONUS DISC 1080p BluRay REMUX AVC DD5 1-RARBG
>>
>>67651265
>m8 i still have no idea why the first order was blowing shit up other than them being the lel evil guys

Maybe you should watch the fucking movie, then?

>At this very moment, in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance!

The New Republic is secretly supporting the Resistance to fight the First Order while claiming to be neutral. Easy. Brevity is the soul of wit, nigger, just because it wasn't delivered to you via droning exposition doesn't mean the information wasn't there.

Try listening to dialogue instead of texting.
>>
File: IMG_29032016_140346.png (213 KB, 480x267) Image search: [Google]
IMG_29032016_140346.png
213 KB, 480x267
>>67651305
>tfw it is saying it will take two weeks
>shit tier data caps of a terabyte
>mfw the australia memes are true
>>
>>67651537
there is a small version
https://kat.cr/star-wars-the-force-awakens-2015-bonus-disc-720p-bluray-1gb-mkvcage-t12345321.html
>>
>>67651347

the things they get wrong are fundamental to film making

like the way in 7 samurai (pretty obscure film you might not have heard of btw) they SHOW the bandits robbing the villages, then the samurai being enlisted, rather than the samurai just randomly showing up and fighting some bandits

its important to communicate these things visually instead of just inserting a few lines of throwaway dialogue
>>
>>67651567
The bandits robbing the villagers is the crux of the entire plot and is what causes the villagers to hire the Samurai

The politics of the Star Wars galaxy aren't relevant to the actual story. Rey's awakening as a Jedi, Han learning to give a shit again, Finn growing a pair of balls and learning to fight instead of running, Kylo Ren's rejection of his family and the light side, etc would not have been improved by showing boring Senate meetings just so you can know the political climate of a fictional universe
>>
>>67651564
Bless your soul
>>
>>67650112
I-is this the t-true power of a-autism!

B-BAKA!
>>
>>67650469
>>67650804
>>67651699
Literal autism.
>>
>>67651347
You're wrong. The movie failed in its lack of context. No one wanted a long winded senate meeting. There are other ways to communicate context. JJ not conveying the balance of TFA's universe is just another example of the movie being creatively starved.

The truth is that the movie was intentionally vague so that JJ could reset the universe as much as possible in order to copy and paste ANH's blueprints. Which ironically, was a movie that made its political landscape very clear throughout.
>>
>>67651628

but 7 samurai is actually a character study of the samurai themselves and their relevance to a transitional japanese society, that's the core of the film.

but it still needs to be set in the proper context to work, that the villagers are being extorted by bandits, just like we need the proper context here, which is explaining the relationship between the two antagonistic powers

they do it in the originals, and thats why the films work, if we didnt have so many scenes 'inside' both the rebellion and the empire the films would be crap
>>
The table read is just a video of 3 minutes.

I though it was to be the full script. What a crap.
>>
>>67653179
the content of this shit is pretty underwhelming desu
>>
>>67650112
>The beats aren't at all the same
not for lack of trying; jj is just so hack he can't even madlib an enjoyable star wars movie
>>
File: 1417700025846s.jpg (6 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
1417700025846s.jpg
6 KB, 166x250
>>67650542
>doped up plastic crypt keeper
zenith kek
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.