[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is their end goal when making a movie like this? Do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
What is their end goal when making a movie like this? Do they know it will bomb? What's the point of awards? They don't pay bills. Do they really just care about the fans?
>>
>>67646151
This one was a passion project on the part of Kaufman, as far as I know.
Its a movie adaption of a stageplay written by Kaufman himself, and it was funded through kickstarter
>>
>>67646151
Some people create art as an expression of human achievement and emotion, it's not all about making millions of dollars in profit you capeshit fuckhead
>>
>>67646151
If that's a genuine question, OP, I don't think you'll understand any serious explanation put forth in your thread.
>>
>>67646220
lol, I was asking a question. I hate pretty much every capeshit released for the last 4 years. God forbid I make a post that isn't about BvS
>>
>>67646151
If they actually marketed films like this, they'd make profits because people would be curious. The studio doesn't advertise/distribute films like these on the assumption that people are too stupid to understand it. They then use the small ticket sales (that they caused in the first place) as proof of this concept. It's retarded.
>>
>a flapping, stop-motion animated penis is considered art nowadays
How?
>>
Someone post the scene already
>>
>>67646305
Well you got your answer dumbass.
>>
Sometimes people do things for reasons other than money, moron
>>
>>67647262
Surprised there's not a webm of it by now desu
>>
>>67646207
>passion project
>funded through crowd sourcing

Lmao
>>
>>67647304
No shit, but is it worth losing millions of dollars over? It must be since they went on and did it.
>>
Emily or Lisa?
>>
>>67647320
Well... yeah.
What would be the alternative? he didn't get the funding by promoting it to companies and changing it to be how they wanted, he collected the money from fans
>>
Most boring piece of shit I've ever seen
>>
>>67647419
Do they show puppet poon?
>>
>>67647374
LIsa, but I'm biased because she's voiced by my favorite actress.
>>
thats only domestic, im not saying it gained another 5 mil worldwide, but it'd be more thn 3 altogether
>>
It's very simple: Jews. Hollywood devotes a portion of their money to select Jew directors for them to express their 'creativity' while knowing it will likely be a loss. They don't mind losing an insignificant amount of gold if someone from their tribe wins some pretentious, bullshit award (which ironically is given out by Jews).
>>
Charlie Kaufman fucking blows.
>>
>>67646151

Sometimes they consider it an "expense" in a deal for a director to do another project. Like if the director says "sure, I'll direct your $200M capeshit, but I want $8M to make this passion project", the study might just say "okay, we'll just consider it part of his pay, and if we're lucky it'll make us some money back."
>>
>>67647592
If I was a mod I would ban you for life
>>
>>67647592
Delete this
>>
>>67647666
That's pretty cool. Good to know.
>>
>>67647762
>>67647793
>muh depression
>muh jaded characters
>muh life is shit
>>
>>67647762
Adaptation is good but his other shit?
>>
>>67647551

>That scene where she chews with her mouth open
>>
>>67647666
this, like the government of Australia footing 90% of the bill for Gods of Egypt

the end goal was to put Australian actors on the map
>>
>>67647914
>Eternal sunshine
>Being John Memovich
>Synecdoche New York

And I love Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, not really a full Kaufman movie but still.
>>
>>67647201
Children's movies for adults are currently the most popular form of "art"
>how?
>>
>>67647354
A lot of people have money and they're either very willing to spend it on things they want or very reckless. Kevin Smith made a million dollar horror movie about a Walrus. And he's making another about a fucking moose. If you can convince a financier to give you the money you can make pretty much fucking anything.
>>
>>67647419
Yeah!! Why the heck weren't there more explosion !? When I see movie I just like turning my brain off
>>
File: Anomalisa.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
Anomalisa.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>"art"
>>
>>67648522
Forgot about Eternal Sunshine, that's good too tbqh.
>>
>>67648816
>americans
>>
>>67648816
I've never seen an animated character resemble a real man so much. only seen trailers doe
>>
>>67647375
If it's a passion project then you finance it yourself.
>>
>>67649570
How can a person so unaware of how film and the film industry works feel as if he should be posting on this board instead of educating his sorry ass?
>>
>>67646305
Honestly youd be better off. id rather see another BvS topic then then try to talk about some /co/ shit
>>
>>67649799
BvS IS /co/ shit dumbass
>>
>it wasn't even released in my state, let alone in my city

mexicucked
>>
>>67649799
So BvS isn't /co/?
>>
>>67649872
>>67649935
It's a movie, not a comic or a cartoon.
>>
So what was up with the japanese sex doll?
>>
>>67646151
Good movie but not something that most people would enjoy. It has a small audience but it is very much enjoyed with that audience.
>>
>>67649927
I thought Superman was huge in Mexico?
>>
>>67646207
can we please stop pretending that that schizo jew is some kind of artiste
>>
>>67646151
Was watching it last night, had to turn it off, didn't care about the characters at all, and it feels that to enjoy the movie you must.
>>
>>67647762
>muh metanarration
>>
>>67650167
thats my question to, no one seems that interested about the implications of it also having a voice unique to everyone else
>>
>>67649799
>Anomalisa is /co/
>Batman v Superman isn't

You should seriously consider killing yourself.
>>
>>67650611
Not really supposed to care about the character as much as just understand the situation the people are in with the situation.
>>
Pretentious garbage
>>
>>67650821
The doll was actually voiced by Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Make of that what you will.
>>
>>67652266
That she's usually a sex object/prostitute/rape victim in all of her movies?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.