[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Driven by the ratings success of shows with mainly nonwh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Emp.png (481 KB, 720x1035) Image search: [Google]
Emp.png
481 KB, 720x1035
>Driven by the ratings success of shows with mainly nonwhite casts — Empire, Black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat — along with political pressure to make shows better reflect their diverse audience, American TV outlets increasingly are greenlighting series that feature black, Asian and Latino leads. Fox's 24: Legacy, a reboot of the Kiefer Sutherland series, stars Corey Hawkins, famous as Dr. Dre from Straight Outta Compton. CBS has Rush Hour, based on the action movie franchise, starring Jon Foo and Justin Hires, and has cast Sarah Shahi, a former NFL cheerleader of Persian and Spanish ancestry, as Nancy Drew in its reboot of the lily-white mystery franchise.
>"It's color-blind casting," says Sony Pictures TV casting director Dawn Steinberg. "There used to be a time when it had to be written that way to look for an actor with a specific ethnicity. Now it's just who is the best actor for the role."
>But when trying to sell overseas, American shows are finding the color barrier is still there. Why? Insiders say it's because international audiences have yet to truly embrace diversity on the small screen. "These shows are a reflection of our society, but [they are] not a reflection of all societies," says Marion Edwards, president of international TV at Fox.

Why are you freaking foreigners so racist?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/empire-flops-overseas-as-foreign-879109
>>
>>67645878

What the fuck is Empire? Nobody here watches that shit, who care?
>>
There's already a bait thread up for this

>>67638033
>>
>>67645878
>Driven by the ratings success of shows with mainly nonwhite casts — Empire, Black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat —
Que?
>>
A wheelchair guy? Really?
>>
>>67645878
USA 62% white
Europe 95% white (Future, not so bright.)

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>67645878

I don't it's racism - instead it's probably because those shows are too niche.

The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, etc did well overseas because they were popculture/general life shows. They may have had black casts but the focus wasn't mainly that they were black. Empire and Black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat put too much emphasis on being black and Asian and you have to know about those American subcultures.

I mean, I can watch and understand and relate to the UK version of The Office. I wouldn't be able to relate to a show about Muslim immigrants in London that focuses on Muslim stuff.
>>
Literally never heard about this before. Not my fault the Jew marketing teams suck.
>>
>>67646020

75% white when you include white Hispanics.
>>
>>67645878
Never even heard of this show but if I'm being honest an all black cast wouldn't appeal to me
>>
>>67646012
I actually used to joke about that a long time ago when these freaks started moaning about playable characters in fucking games

>whats the end game?, a disabled, wheelbound indian main character?

Sjw's need to be fucking shot.
>>
>rush hour without tucker and chan

Whoever came up with that idea should be fired
>>
..jeesh no one wants to see niggers or asians in a country with a 97% white population, who would have thought?
>>
>>67645878
>Dawn Steinberg
As always
>>
TOP KEK!

does that executive expect me to believe they actually cast the best actor for the role each time? That's not how it worked before, and certainly nothing has changed. They still consider who they're marketing to. I don't have a problem with the lead of 24 being black - its that he's 26 and looks like a kid. Fucking nobody wants to see a show with someone trying to act older and tougher.

And I've only ever heard of empire but it looks awful.
>>
>>67646276

>oh noes, it’z da j00s!

Fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>Steinberg
>>
>>67646210
Everyone expects the show to be DOA, and it's the last of the new shows on CBS this season to get a premiere date. I don't think anyone believes it'll succeed.
>>
>>67646324
He's not exactly wrong though is he?, it's nearly always jews producing and blogging about this shit. Israel isn't diverse at all, funny that.
>>
isn't Empire's audience overwhelmingly african american? it isn't even a little surprising that it isn't doing well in Europe
>>
>>67646324
calm down schlomo
>>
>>67645878
Because Empire is shite, I've watched three episodes to give it a chance and it's shite, Rascist say's the land of the KKK and inbreeding.
>>
File: laughingtidus.jpg (26 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
laughingtidus.jpg
26 KB, 400x600
>>67645878
good
>>
>>67645878
>"It's color-blind casting,"
>its best actor for the role
no its any actor who isn't white

i don't watch empire because i can't understand the culture or empathise with the characters and the subject isn't interesting.
>>
>>67646454
>Israel isn't diverse at all, funny that.

Israel is more diverse than any other country located in Asia
>>
File: The-Guard.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
The-Guard.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>67645878

> It's part of me culture
>>
Because it sucks
>>
>>67646889
Who gives a shit about asia?, it's not diverse compared to the west, the one place they clearly want to see change.
>>
Look you americans were the ones who went overboard with slavery and then gave them rights.

I don't feel like I owe black people anything.
>>
>>67647015
YOU literally don't, all the people who do are dead.
>>
>>67647075
you still inherit the guilt of your forefathers if you are white.
>>
>>67645878
So how do they know that? Did they ask the people who do NOT watch their shows why they do that, what?
>>
>>67645878
>we are choosing the best actors now!!!
>drive for diversity
That cognitive dissonance is disgusting
>>
>halfsie asian guy for rush hour

terrible. The state of racist hollywood against asians.

Try to get the chinese market all the time but then you get a halfsies?

Makes no damn sense.
>>
Don't fuck with the formula. Everyone loves white people.
>>
>>67647243
The formula is that diversity is white female/black male

this new formula dont sell!
>>
>>67646048
Oh shit the fuck up. It's entirely because of racism
>>
>>67647105
Where is the guilt?, floating around me like a force field?

Cuz I can't fucking feel it m8
>>
>>67646048
Fresh prince had plenty of episodes referencing that they were black
>>
>>67646280
That's not how it worked before because they insisted on hiring only white leads due to racism.
>>
Poor terrance howard.
first war machine and now this.
>>
>>67647323
way to respond to a facetious post made by a person who agreed with the idea you're espousing anyway

you're not real bright are you
>>
File: 1458487655350.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1458487655350.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>67647391
I was aware of that and cracking a joke myself. Looks like you're the retard you fucking twat.
>>
>>67645878
fucking racists ruining those shows
>>
>>67645878
never heard of these shows but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make a show out of fresh off the boat and not have eddie huang in it?

he's like one of 3 reasons people watch VICE.
>>
>>67646889
but how many asian studio heads are there in the USA, and how many jewish ones? and how many white ones?
>>
>>67645878
i don't like my shows filled with niggers
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.