[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is happening: https://www.change.org/p/warner-bro s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 9
File: zs.jpg (95 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
zs.jpg
95 KB, 800x450
So this is happening:
https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros-boot-zack-snyder-off-of-justice-league

Is this necessary or just a knee-jerk reaction?
>>
>>67644585
It's long overdue
>>
Say what you will about BvS but it will not be forgotten.
>>
BvS was an average movie at best, Man of Steel was an average movie at best. Give this guy the boot or he will single-handedly destroy the DCEU.

Fuck this guy is a hack, he only makes shit movies.
>>
>>67644802
BvS was literally the greatest capeshit of all time
>>
>>67644831
>fucking horrible pacing (literally no action scenes in 30 minutes or so)
>dialogue tries too hard to be deep, literally puts you to sleep

this is fucking capeshit not some philosophical bullshit story, these 2 are not compatible, made for an absolute borefest.

Dont get me wrong, I went into the movie hoping it would be good, that all the critics were wrong, but I almost fell asleep from the horrible unintuitive dialogue and shit pacing
>>
>>67644947
I'm sure that the movie is bad, but you greentexted the most pleb shit
>>
>>67644831
Batman The Movie was better than BvS.
>>
>>67645005
Batman 66 is better than all capeshit tho
>>
I'd love for it to succeed but nobody gives a fuck about online petitions.
>>
I guess it needed more quips, right bros?
>>
This guy is ruining DC movies with his depressed look bullshit.

It worked for Watchmen just fine. But it has no business on Superman and the rest of the JL, except for maybe Batman.

I wish they would take pointers from Marvel. They know how to make good capeshit movies.
>>
I hate capeshit but I'd buy a ticket to watch the Justice League movie by George Miller.
>>
>>67645001

Seriously. This is like a 10 year old reviewing movies on YouTube

>I didn't like the movie because the movie was boring
>they tried to make the dialogue deep but the dialogue was not deep

BvS was shit, but that review was worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1372x1209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1372x1209
I stepped out of the theater after watching Batman v Superman Dawn of Justiceā„¢ and literally fell to my knees and thrust my arms into the air.

"SNYDER!!!!" I cried.

I cried so much for the first time in my life.

I went in to the movies jaded and cynical after reading all the /tv/ posts about how much Snyder was a hack, Man of Murder, Stop my invincible son and expected absolute trash from the movie. But I was wrong. So wrong.

I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Snyder himself was speaking to me, through Metropolis and Gotham, his love and dedication was there. He assured me that a new era of cape movies has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster regurgitated capeshit movies we are accustomed to.

During the battle with Doomsday, the people around me were so enthralled and were convulsing and speaking in tongues, their spit and tears flying everywere, some landing on me, but I didn't care. I was already in full spasm from the orgasmic capekinography I was seeing.

As the movie ended, everyone in the cinema cried. Like wailing and sorrowful crying. Nobody said a word but everyone in there had the same feeling. "Forgive us Snyder for we do not know what we have done"

In all seriousness this is a solid 12/10.

I'm still wiping my tears as I try to relive that moment, I'm afraid I will never experience this exhilarating joy and sadness ever again in my life.

Thank you Snyder... Thank you...
>>
>people are getting so angry at this movie that went over their heads they are doing this
l-ma-o
>>
So this is what it feels like to live in a dying society.
>>
>>67645028
True. Tbqh I think Batman 66 is the only capekino in existence.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>>67645102
What do you want, a fucking monologue written on a 4chan /tv/ thread about a capeshit movie? Everyone knows it's bad or AT BEST poorly put together.

Still made piles of money though, so what the fuck do I know?
>>
>>67645189
>dying
>ying
>>
>>67645102
fuck off, those are just the 2 biggest things that just came to my mind, i just pointed out some problems im not giving a full-scale review of the movie you fucking autist
>>
People wanted Affleck off the movie and nothing happened lol. He's not gonna go anywhere. He's doing JL and it's gonna be pure KINO
>>
>>67644585
It's extremely necessary, Zack Snyder is one of the biggest hacks in Hollywood.
>>
File: Ahab Snyder.jpg (173 KB, 1296x684) Image search: [Google]
Ahab Snyder.jpg
173 KB, 1296x684
>>67644585
PRAISE THE WHALE, THEY SAID
PRAISE THE WHALE
>>
>>67644585
Because the petition to get Affleck off the project Worked SO FUCKING WELL!
>>
>>67645516
>>67645597
This petition isn't going to change anything but Snyder is definitely going to get fired. Warner Bros. wanted BvS to be a Avengers level success and at this rate it won't make more money than Iron Man 3.
>>
>>67645225

But thats how you spell it..

Not that anon btw.
and inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>67644585
I think Paul Feig should direct the JL movie.
>>
>>67644947
I concur
>>
File: jKDWzmX.png (161 KB, 540x474) Image search: [Google]
jKDWzmX.png
161 KB, 540x474
>>67644585

Let me guess they're going to hire JJ Abrams.
>>
>>67645189
>Thunderous applause?
>>
>>67644585
>change.org
have any of those petitions actually change anything?
>>
>>67644947
>horrible pacing
you have no attention span
>dialogue puts you too sleep
you have no attention span
>it was boring
you just want jokes and some slapstick violence and a story thinner than a snake's cock
>>
Why won't Nolan do anymore Batman movies again?
>>
he'll be working on the other films and the gameplan already
firing him would show a lack of confidence in their careful plan and it would also cost them a ton of money in paying him off and stopping productions to find replacements
>>
>>67644585
Sent ;)
>>
>>67646504
Because he knows they're only making these movies now to play catch up and not film
BvS is anti art worse than any marvel flick simply because of this. Even MoS has more artistic merit
>>
>not wanting your cinematic universe to be build by a single visionary auteur
>>
>>67646487
>>it was boring
>you just want jokes and some slapstick violence and a story thinner than a snake's cock
He just wants a Marvel movie :^)
>>
>>67645695
>I was only pretending to be retardedI was only I was only pretending to be retardedI was only pretending to be retardedI was only pretending to be retardedI was only pretending to be retardedI was only pretending to be retardedI was only pretending to be retarded
>>
Snyder has great big ideas. He is a visionary (and I don't mean that as a compliment), but fails horribly in executing the details. He doesn't need to be booted; he needs to be reigned in by a partner or a team.
>>
Sam Raimi when?
>>
File: 1459102247193.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1459102247193.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>67644831
>BvS was literally the greatest capeshit of all time

Yeah it was! kek
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#4ec1fe9b6d72
>>
>>67646827
it was easter sunday retard
>>
>>67646827
>marvelcucks grasping at straws

Hilarious as always
>>
>>67646970
>>67647008
>giving them (You)'s
>>
>>67646827
It is the best capeshit. Then again the bar is low so that doesn't mean it is a good movie.
>>
>>67647031
>It is the best capeshit
t. cine illiterate
>>
>>67645833

At least he knows how to refine scenes and editing that isn't disjointed shit.
>>
>>67646487
>implying that BvS had a good plot

fuck off the story was fucking shit
>superman was forced to fight batman
>lex luthor is a raging autist who plans to elaborately ruin Supermans life, with no incentive

what the fuck?

>>67646639
i dont want a marvel movie you dcuck, i just want a non-shit movie, you dont need to mention marvel every time someone mentions how terrible BvS is. Its objectively bad.
>>
I don't understand why was he put in charge to begin with. Was it nepotism or something? His track record is terrible, he literally never made a true box office success since 300 ten fucking years ago.
>>
>>67645190
>Go ahead Penguin. SLAKE your thirst.
>>
He shouldn't be allowed to direct anything ever again.
>>
>>67647155
was always wondering the same thing. what the fuck are his credentials?
>>
The only capekino to date was raimi's spiderman 2, and this is a fact
>>
>>67647046
whats better? Crow, Dredd and Sin City are the only other comic films worth seeing.
>>
The latter
>>
>>67647155
it's his wife

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Snyder

she's the one producing all of snyders garbage. she's been a producer on every thing he's done other than like 2 movies
>>
>>67645666
JL is shooting in two weeks. No way they fire him this close to the start date. Unless we start hearing talk of delays he will direct Justice League.
>>
>>67647150
Its required to watch the film to get the story mayte
>>
>>67647155
The Watchmen movie put him on the spotlight. Everyone praised that movie like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>67647198
>Road To Perdition
>not worth seeing

Shit taste.
>>
>>67647198
1. Danger: Diabolik (1968, Bava)
2. Hulk (2003, Lee)
3. Punch-Drunk Love (2002, Anderson)
4. Superman (1948, Bennet/Carr)
5. Flash Gordon (1936, Hill/Taylor/stephani)
6. Unbreakable (2000, Shyamalan)
7. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance (1972, Misumi)
8. The Incredibles (2004, Bird)
>>
>>67644802
>average movie at best

The editing alone made it subpar.

The idiotic "My mom has the same name as your mom! This changes everything!" resolution makes it even worse.
>>
>>67647288
>2. Hulk (2003, Lee)

You should put it further down, to make people at least read through your bait before discarding it.
>>
>>67647284
Havent seen that admitedly, liked the comic though.

Possibly add A History of Violence and Iron Man 1 as well
>>
>>67647302
>The idiotic "My mom has the same name as your mom! This changes everything!" resolution makes it even worse.

Missing the point this much.
>>
>>67647302
>My mom has the same name as your mom! This changes everything

good job mssing the point of the scene completely
>>
>>67647361
>>67647356
Then please. Enlighten me.
>>
>>67647340
>hulk
>bad
This board is for high cinematic posters no matter how much the one mod makes you think you're welcome here
>>
>>67647361
>>67647356
Kneejerkmind
>>
>>67647402
>capeshit
>high cinema

The DCucks are insipid enough. Don't give any other capeshit credit, holy fuck.

Capeshit just needs its own board already.
>>
>>67647387
Batman discovered that Superman, despite being an alien, was more human than him. Earlier in the scene, Batman said the only thing that he was ever taught from his parents was in their deaths. He was so far gone from humanity that he realized the alien he deemed as unhuman was more human than he was. This was the entire point of the first knightmare scene when Batman goes to his parents grave and sees blood coming out of his mother's tombstone. He's trying to become human again but the Manbat creature that is a personification of his own lack of humanity drags him back. This is why he stares at the suit in the following scene with contempt.
>>
>>67647438
All of the films listed >>67647288 save for The Incredibles are high cinema
Garbage like MoS/BvS/fotm marvel movie are not
>>
REMOVE ZACK

GET

QUIPS
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 750x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 750x467
Have memes gone too far?
>>
>>67645225

That's how you spell "dying", retard. How did you think it was spelled, dyeing? That's how you spell it if you're coloring something with dye.
>>
Zack Snyder is an adult in a world of infants
>>
>>67647854
Zack is a child himself trying to imitate an actual artist
>>
Vote on BvS: http://strawpoll.me/7231273
>>
>>67647888
So that's it huh? The children hate to see someone above them so they need to bring him down
>>
>>67647536
Don't get me wrong. I was talking about capeshit, not comics. Big difference.
>>
>>67647522
Then why draw so much attention to their mothers having the same name?

What was the point when Superman could've just said "SAVE MOTHER! LEX HAS MY MOTHER!"

Names clearly had nothing to do with it, and the emphasis on such an irrelevant detail is a glaring flaw.
>>
>>67644585
wont happen
production is at go at april
>>
>>67647988
I gave it a generous 1.
Such shitty editing and bad acting in such a massive production is unforgivable.
>>
>>67648347
6 imo. Mos is underrated but this is a mess.
>>
>>67647256
They'll delay it.
>>
>>67644620

/thread
>>
>>67649271
not going to happen. every day lost will cost a fortune in materials and people already working on it
>>
>>67648111

But dude. SYMBOLISM
>>
>>67649383
Keeping Snyder would cost them even more money though. It's pretty safe to say that Snyder will do more slow paced "DUDE SYMBOLISM LMAO" bullshit and I don't think audiences will stomach that a third time.
>>
>>67649510
you are talking shit mate
>>
>>67649552
How am I talking shit? Snyder has done two DCCU movies and both of them were slow paced trash. JL will definitely be more of the same and I don't audiences will be happy about that.
>>
>>67644585
If superman was caviar and batman was prime lobster, Zach Sydner would be the chef who puts them in the blender.
>>
>>67644585

and signed.

didn't pay any money though because i'm cheap.
>>
>>67644947
>no action scenes in 30 minutes or so

Not an argument and not even really true.

>dialogue tries too hard to be deep

It's better to try to be substantive and only somewhat succeed than try to aim for the lowest common denominator like Marvel does. It's kind of funny that half of people think it was "too deep" while other people are like "that was only superficially deep". Personally, I think it could have been a little more tightly scripted, but it has nothing to do with lack of jokes or lack of upbeat tone (literally critics' #1 complaint). It also tried to have symbolism, motifs, allegories, etc. It's the type of shit that flies right over plebs' heads, but shouldn't be disregarded. Movies, even capeshit, SHOULD have that shit. Hell, I'd say that it's more necessary in capeshit than most other genres.

They also confused a lot of people who didn't see MoS. More explanatory dialogue would have helped address that for retards, but I'm glad they didn't go out of their way to accommodate them.

>pacing

I agree. Literally the only major flaw with this film. Might have something to do with studio constraints, but we'll need director's cut to really tell.
>>
>>67645833
>JJ Abrams

That Double Jew could save the DCU just like he saved Star Wars.
>>
>>67648111

He was having the absolute shit kicked out of him. When someone is about to die, they don't put too much thought into what's coming out of their mouth. It's a tacky coincidence for the sake of the plot, but it's not unrealistic that Superman would say that or that Batman would respond like he would once he heard that.
>>
>>67649781
>It's better to try to be substantive and only somewhat succeed than try to aim for the lowest common denominator like Marvel does.
But Snyder didn't succeed at all. His symbolism is very shallow and heavy handed.
>Movies, even capeshit, SHOULD have that shit. Hell, I'd say that it's more necessary in capeshit than most other genres.
Capeshit is lowest common denominator trash. No matter how much symbolism you shove into it you can't get past the fact that your movie focuses on a spandex wearing weirdo who beats the shit out of people and CGI monsters/robots. Also, Snyder's symbolism is so heavy handed it's laughable.
>>
>>67650116
Heavy-handed? Yes
But shallow? Hell no
see >>67649976
>>
>>67650214
Some Excalibur analogy doesn't make the movie deep. Countless films have made similar analogies.
>>
>>67650116
>very shallow and heavy handed

And yet, 99% percent of the viewing audience didn't even pick up on the shit that he spoonfed them. Religious allegories, allusions to Excalibur/Icarus/Moby Dick, DC easter eggs, quotes from Lolita/Alice in Wonderland, etc., should be things people automatically pick up on, but they flat out don't. Compared to references found in other works, that shit is pretty pleb, but at least it provides some modicum of depth. The main reason why people are flipping out about this movie is that it's rating does not align to the ratings giving to other films. Most capeshit is god awful, but at least be consistent with the ratings. If Marvel shit is all 70%+, this was definitely 70%+ because it was better than almost all Marvel garbage.

>Capeshit is lowest common denominator trash. No matter how much symbolism you shove into it you can't get past the fact that your movie focuses on a spandex wearing weirdo who beats the shit out of people and CGI monsters/robots.

Bull-fucking-shit. You can always recontextualize genres and every genre has a possibility to produce quality film. I'm not saying that this film was great. It was an average action movie that asked some interesting questions and provided an original artistic interpretation. Probably a 6/10 all things considered when compared to other mainstream releases, but certainly not a 2/10.
>>
>>67644585
If you want a good DCU i would say it is essential.
>>
File: 1458793927439.png (428 KB, 1008x1584) Image search: [Google]
1458793927439.png
428 KB, 1008x1584
>>67644585
>>
>>67650510
This should be updated BvS is @ 29% Meter now with 72% Audience Score.
>>
>>67650510
Where are Nolan films?
>>
File: 1458755151388.jpg (43 KB, 480x434) Image search: [Google]
1458755151388.jpg
43 KB, 480x434
>>67650214
Oh wow, Snyder made an analogy to one of the most popular stories of all time. What a complex artist! Christ, you DCucks are easily impressed.
>>
>>67650602
On the chart of capeshit actually trying to be art
TDKR should be on there however
>>
>>67650736
>Age of Ultron
>Pinocchio reference goes as far as mentioning strings
>marvelcucks "wow, so deep and profound"

>BvS
>heavy handed religious symbolism and subtle parallels to king arthur throughout the entire film
>marvelcucks "wow, an analogy to one of the most popular stories of all time. How original"

Im not even a DC fanboy but it's pretty clear that people are constantly moving their goalposts in the hate for this film
>>
>>67644585
It won't matter, but I signed anyway.
>>
>JJ Abrams makes a pretty great Star Wars flick
>500k signatures to get George Lucas to direct episode IX, even after the shit prequels

>Zack Snyder makes two bad superhero flicks
>only 10k signatures to get him off justice league

there is no justice in the world
>>
>>67650430

don't forget Raymond Chandler quote ("to say goodbye is to die a little"). the movie was bizarrely literate. it's no wonder that the idiots on this board who likely read 1 book per year had no idea how to process it.
>>
>>67650948
>>marvelcucks "wow, so deep and profound"
You're so full of shit. /tv/ relentlessly shit on Age of Ultron, no one on here ever called it deep.
>>
>The bar is set so low that this is considered sutble imaginery

Looking at this thread is like looking at toddlers playing with a jigsaw puzzle

Capeshit is fucking cultural genocide

Purge this fucking shit already

I'm praying for the great hollywood blockbuster crash predicted by Lucas and Spielberg
>>
>>67644585
How come people actually want to kick out Snyder? Say what you want about his flicks but at least they kind of pretend to have a soul unlike most superhero movies that are pure fanservice, dry skeletons of a story pretending to be entertaining but instead are dull and consumerist propaganda.
>>
>>67650948
No one in the world has ever called AoU "deep and profound."
>>
>>67647402
>>67647288
>Hulk (2003, Lee)
Was it your first time watching a movie that dealt with daddy issues? Because you still have to reconcile that substance with B movie dialogue, wooden performances and some of the most laughable editing in the entire genre.
>>
>>67644585
>online petition

I mean, why sign an online petition when I can just make a wish every time a mouse farts
>>
>>67651321
>B movie as a perjorative

To think you tried so hard with your post
>>
>>67648111

If you actually paid attention to the scene you would know that the name isn't all too important to his decision to help. In fact it makes him decidedly more angry (HOWDOYOUKNOWTHATNAME?! WHERRRSTHETRIGGER?). It isn't until Lois comes and clarifies that Batman stands down. "Martha" has special significance to this Batman because it's the last thing either of his parents said before they died, and so it's attached to his own darkness and psychosis (notice that it's Martha's tombstone the bat breaks out of in his dream).
>>
>>67649510
At least JL will be shooting with a finished script so there's that.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.