[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the more i watch The Force Awakens, more i like Kylo Ren?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 58
File: Badass.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
Badass.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>
>>67644193
They made him some bratty edge lord and angled in some pathetic connection to the OT characters.

Unneeded
>>
File: kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (110 KB, 634x363) Image search: [Google]
kylo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
110 KB, 634x363
>>67644193
he's based and the most relatable character in that movie. I wonder though how all his hair fit in that helmet.
>>
>>67644193
Because he's a great character and probably the most complex villain in all of Star Wars.

People who lash out against him were likely raised on the prequels and think a Star Wars villain is a generic stoic "badass" who has no purpose in the film but to show up for the lightsaber fight at the end and to get killed.
>>
>>67644316
>Star Wars villain is a generic stoic "badass"
Actually I want the opposite. I want to see a Joker type asshole who actually enjoys his villainy. Isn't that what dark side is, a complete emotional freedom? How come all the SW villians except Palpie were boring nofunallowed cunts? Might've as well been jedis
>>
>>67644193
because you have the tastes of a 16 year old? I dunno
>>
Adam Driver was adorable as fuck on the Late Show last night.

I'm excited to see where he takes this emo Vader
>>
Can someone tell me if the story for Episode 8 is just ESB2 similar to how Episode 7 was just ANH2? If it is I'll just keep the EU version of 30 years after ROTJ as my headcanon.
>>
I just finished watching this, and it was absolutely shit.
Why was Luke on top of some mountain just stood there? Shouldn't he be fighting with his friends to save the universe?

Who made the map? How did they know where he was? Why did they make it?
literal plot device bullshit

Why did Kylo Ren join the dark side? Why did he kill his dad?
Is he the ultimate edgelord?
Not to mention he has apparently been trained by some ayy lmao but he got destroyed by a girl who is completely untrained and got damaged by a nig nog who doesn't even have the force

And why the fuck can this girl use Jedi mind tricks and move objects when she hasn't been trained? she was even stronger than Kylo when she pulled the lightsaber. Also how did she use the Jedi mind trick when she didn't even know something like that existed?
She's a fucking Mary Sue to appease all the feminists.

Abrams is a complete hack, he makes the prequel trilogy look like a masterpiece
>>
>>67644743
There certainly does feel that little thought has gone into it.

The original screen writer wanted another 18 months to finish the script. Disney told him to fuck off.

It shows.
>>
>>67644316
>thinking Darth Vader is any better or deeper than Darth Maul
I like the both of them but please can we all stop pretending that Vader is a complex or interesting villain.
>>
>>67644193
Because you're a teenage edgelord.
>>
>where did you get that lightsaber from
>that's a story for another time
Fuck off, at least put some effort into your plot devices
>>
>>67644743
The only hope now is seeing how well Rogue One and the standalone Han Solo movie turn out, the numbered sequels are doomed after seeing how Jew Jew started it.
>>
Childhood is rooting for Ren
Adulthood is realizing that Kylo makes more sense
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 625x626
>>67644850
>>
>>67644316
This %1000.
>>
File: 1448816525019.jpg (9 KB, 298x212) Image search: [Google]
1448816525019.jpg
9 KB, 298x212
>>67645072
>it's a "i disagree therefore it's bait" response
>>
File: 1421694152805.jpg (71 KB, 442x933) Image search: [Google]
1421694152805.jpg
71 KB, 442x933
>>67645052
>>
>>67644316
>Kylo Ren
>complex
>>
>>67644455
MY TASTE IS FUCKING SUPERIOR!
>>
>>67644193
Because /tv/ realized Adam Driver is based and now everyone's eating crow
>>
>>67644268
Pretty much this

Look they could have even made the fact that he throws temper tantrums one of his major flaws but the execution is godawful. He practically goes full edge lord bitching straight into the movie. Keep in mind that he was in the end trained by Mr Supreme leader who clearly would have wanted some semblance of a competent military officer. Even the regular grunts thinks this guy is a edge lord you know what scene I am referring too.
The whole temper crap should have been delayed to movie 2 where he gets assigned to do something major and he fucks up and then we see his little facade start to crack.
>>
>>67645129
Vader is considered by many to be one of the best villains in the history of film.
>>
>>67645247
>"I don't actually have any arguments, let me just echo what everyone is saying"
I know Vader is seen as a great villain and I didn't say he wasn't one, I'm just saying he isn't in any way complex or interesting. Why do you all think the prequels were so bad? Partly because you suddenly realise that oops, there's someone behind that mask, and making him into anything else than a one dimensional villain won't work.
>>
File: come at me bro.jpg (89 KB, 707x900) Image search: [Google]
come at me bro.jpg
89 KB, 707x900
>>67644193
He lost the helmet too soon.
Humanized too soon
Like everything in TFA, they simply blew their load too soon.
I like him too though
>>
>>67645231
You are expecting a semblance of subtlety from JJ Abrams.

Funny guy
>>
Adam Driver is a legend. The way he moves and emotes is so ridiculously singular. The idea of an entitled Vader fanboy villain who throws tantrums shouldn't work as well as he makes it.
>>
>>67645402
The death star needed to be a thing for the entire series or atleast for another movie.
>>
>>67645396
the prequels had garbage writing

Anakin could have been good.

Vader isn't one dimensional. If he was he'd kill Luke in Empire. One dimensional would be someone like Dooku and Maul. They have no motivation or backstory.

Vader does. He wants his son to join him because he's anal about his family.

Vader is willing to betray Sheev just to save his son. That's already more complex than most villains.
>>
>>67645484
Star Wars has never EVER been subtle.
>>
>>67645295
Based purely on iconography; his voice, his costume, his name.

Nothing to do with his personality and character.
>>
File: Kevin-teenager_620_1578051a.jpg (149 KB, 620x895) Image search: [Google]
Kevin-teenager_620_1578051a.jpg
149 KB, 620x895
Had a hard time not picturing this when he was on the screen
>>
Did anyone else think the choreography in this film was awful compared to the prequel trilogy?
You have that amazing Anakin vs Obi Wan.
and now it's a girl who just thrusts the sword every single fucking time
>>
File: tumblr_o4v4jq4Xhu1qaa3xao1_1280.jpg (150 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4v4jq4Xhu1qaa3xao1_1280.jpg
150 KB, 950x534
>>67644284
they put his hair in little braids
>>
>>67645649
Because she's not a fucking shaolin monk. If anything she was too adept at sword fighting even for a scavenger on some bum fuck planet.
>>
>>67645649
Yes, but are you really expecting those sort of duels between two who have no training, and someone who seemingly has had very little?
>>
Because you're a child of /v/ and have videogame sensibilities
>>
My issue was him wanting to be dark side, but being tempted by the light.
It makes no sense and smacks of them just being really lazy to try and do something 'clever'.
The dark side is supposed to be the "freedom" of listening to your emotions or whatever. You have moments where your conscience challenges you, but I can't imagine it's like "I want so hard to be EVIL, but I'm falling into temptation to be GOOD".

And yeah, he fucked up everything possible, I just couldn't buy him as a threatening villain in any way.
>>
>>67645649
prequels were over-choreographed shit.

looked fake as fuck.
>>
>>67645575
>the prequels had garbage writing
Yeah.

>Anakin could have been good.
No.

>Vader isn't one dimensional. If he was he'd kill Luke in Empire
Mistaking "having a motivation" for "having character" or "being complex".
Vader looks and sounds cool, that's about it. Also, fuck RotJ's ending. Vader turning good just like that in the last 5 minutes makes absolutely no fucking sense. Fuck you for even reminding me of Episode VI's existence.
>>
>>67645231
That wouldn't work with how they obviously want his arc to go. He's meant to grow with Rey, which means he's supposed to be at his weakest in TFA. He'll probably be much stronger when VIII rolls around and stronger still on IX.

Delaying his character flaws until the second movie would have been awful. People were already thrown off when he went from calmly stopping a blaster bolt and looking cool to throwing fits within one movie. Can you imagine if that first popped up in the second movie instead? The character would look completely inconsistent.
>>
Kylo Ren is supposed to be a bratty wannabe poser. People complain like this was done accidentally, when it was clearly the entire point of his character. When he takes off his mask he is supposed to look meek. Driver even adds a tremble to his voice when he is being mind probed by Rey.

He is supposed to be a little bitch compared to Vader.
>>
>>67645851
Most people can't so easily do such evil things. It'd weigh on any normal person, especially one who grew up among heroes and parents who loved him even if they might have fucked up. The whole point is that being full dark side clearly isn't in Ren's nature but his lust for power and Snoke in his head made him try to be dark anyways. Somewhere along the line he got it in his head that the dark side was better. So he strives to be dark but struggles against his better nature. Seems understandable to me.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (156 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
156 KB, 373x327
>>67646221
>Vader turning good just like that in the last 5 minutes makes absolutely no fucking sense. Fuck you for even reminding me of Episode VI's existence.
>>
>>67646431
> Can you imagine if that first popped up in the second movie instead?

We could have seen bits and piece of everything being just a facade here and there in the first movie but this junk just straight out goes as this

MOMENT OF BAD ASSERY------TIME TO HAVE HIS ASS BLASTING EXPLODE HARD AS FUCK REST OF THE MOVIE

Seriously even the mook stormtroopers looked down on this guy. What the fuck I am pretty sure Snooke would have recognized this as perhaps not the best trait for one of his field commanders and tried to change that.

Keep in mind I am a proponent that this movie should have been split into two pieces.
>>
kylo ren is GOAT villain
>>
I liked Ren a lot
>>
>>67646697
>villain
Kylo did nothing wrong. The bitch will pay.
>>
>>67646697
He'll look cooler with the robot arm and half mask thing to cover that scar.

I wonder if he'll be fully jacked up and robotic by the end. Just like his idol.
>>
>>67644193
He's great because we can all see ourselves in him. Especially children of divorce with even the smallest of mental/social disorders. He wasn't raised properly and that's something a lot of people can relate to.
>>
>>67645690
HNNNNGGGG
>>
>>67644316

Bingo
>>
>>67646693
Well he's supposed to be shown as kind of pathetic and unstable. That's half the point of his character. Delaying showing someone's flaws until a second movie is terrible storytelling in my opinion. It just means they gain depth later instead of having it from the start.
>>
>>67645690
Kek
>>
>>67646858
they didn't cut his arm off tho to turn him into darth vader 2.0

which I thought they would do
>>
>>67646965
With how fucked up his shoulder is by the end, some people wonder if he'll keep that arm. He probably will though. If he was going to lose a limb, the scene where he loses it would be much more dramatic because people want their violence.
>>
File: tumblr_o3vxelREeY1rp8loro1_1280.jpg (405 KB, 629x850) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3vxelREeY1rp8loro1_1280.jpg
405 KB, 629x850
>>67646878
are we gonna turn this into a driverlust thread??
>>
>>67647033
Only if we want the thread to derail into people calling him ugly.

I-I still like him
>>
>>67646221

I like watching people shit on RotJ and make it out to be a bad film. At least your reasoning is better than "dude Ewoks lmao", but RotJ had more iconic and memorable moments in the Vader vs Luke duel alone than TFA had in its entirety from beginning to end.
>>
>>67644284
>more relatable than Rey

You are indeed a 4channer.
>>
Few things that annoyed me about TFA was the world building.

The whole rebel alliance is being funded privately against the First Order. Instead of the Rebel Alliance becoming the Republican Army while they fight against Galactic Empire/First Order loyalist aligned worlds.

Another thing that I found rather strange was how everyone except Snoke in the First Order were young. Really you are telling me that none of the high ranking officers in this huge ass Galactic Imperial Army managed to survive and later on became the High Command of the First Order?
>>
>>67647033
All Star Wars threads devolve into Lukefag General eventually so why does it matter?
>>
>>67647324
The republic doesn't believe the FO is a threat at this point.

There probably are older FO people. They're just probably somewhere else. Use your imagination.
>>
File: Adam-Driver-GQ-Inside.jpg (136 KB, 618x867) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Driver-GQ-Inside.jpg
136 KB, 618x867
>be clinically depressed and have no friends
>go see TFA at cheap university cinema that shows movies late but has 50c popcorn
>Kylo takes mask off
>normie students all laugh
>guy next to me jokes about how Kylo put his helmet down in his ashtray
>respond with "Dude what if he's mad because he has lung cancer, that's not funny bro"
>guy pisses himself laughing and slaps me on the back, even though it was a shit joke
>make comments to each other all through the movie
>agree to meet up for drinks this weekend
>first time I've had meaningful interaction with anyone in years

I made a friend and managed to be happy for a little while because of Kylo Ren. T-thanks, Adam.
>>
>>67647377

>The republic doesn't believe the FO is a threat at this point.

We could have gotten something to you know, imply this on screen.
It's still kind stupid in the context that they are raiding planets taking resources mass murdering left and right they have been doing this enough to construct yet another absurd notdeath star.

If anything it's as if the republic is inviting in possible coup attempts,urging rampant piracy and what not by showing how ineffective they are.
>>
He was damaged goods, lad.

Probably the best SW villain I've seen in a while, because of his flaws.
>>
>>67647210
they'll see the light eventually
>>
>/tv/ would have liked Sasuke

How macabre.
>>
>>67647482
>talking with normies
>talking with someone who laughs when Kylo takes his mask off
>randomly responding to random stranger even though he wasn't talking with you
>>
>>67647505
You're right, it is stupid. I was just giving the answer as explained in those shitty books.
>>
File: crylo ren.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
crylo ren.gif
1 MB, 245x245
>>67647033
Why is he so ugly but so qt when he cries?

I want to protect him.
>>
>>67647482
nah, you need to kill them
>>
Will he destroy the Dark Side from the inside?
>>
File: tumblr_o0yxqpAx871v4a8pso1_500.png (303 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0yxqpAx871v4a8pso1_500.png
303 KB, 500x667
>>67647703
Nah but he'll destroy Rey's dark side from the inside, with his dick.
>>
File: tumblr_o4hp6v6Z3q1qzjbtro1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4hp6v6Z3q1qzjbtro1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x332
>>67647598
he's just so good at conveying vulnerability, you can't help but want to comfort him even when he's just killed his dad
>>
>>67647482
Tune in next week for a new episode of "Things That Never Happened"
>>
File: ISD-I.png (721 KB, 1555x920) Image search: [Google]
ISD-I.png
721 KB, 1555x920
You know you would think that the First Order would look and realize that super weapon concept is ridiculous after not only one but two Death Stars got destroyed past.

I am pretty sure launching a new warship design would have done them more good.

inb4 yet another notdeathstar

I swear to god JJ
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x213
>>67644836
They could have spent that 18 months on production design too!
>>
>>67647794
reylo is for plebs anon
>>
>>67644415

this is what Star Wars needs.
>>
>>67647531
Is that a tattoo on his arm? Since fucking when?
>>
>>67648001
its probably makeup for the scar rey gives him, it goes all the way down his shoulder
>>
>>67648001
I'm curious about this too.
I hope it isn't, looks like shit.
>>
>>67644743
>I just finished watching this, and it was absolutely shit.
>Why was Luke on top of some mountain just stood there? Shouldn't he be fighting with his friends to save the universe?

It was actually a good scene.

Luke feels massive guilt for training Kylo Ren, only to see Ren kill all of the other padawans Luke was training. Luke feels responsible for their deaths, and is staying on the island planet just like the way Yoda exiled himself on Dagobah.
>>
File: índice.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>67644193
>Why the more i watch The Force Awakens, more i like Kylo Ren?
Because you are gay and you like Ayylmaos, here's another "attractive" guy for you
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 600x528
>>67644415
Why the Joker? Where would 'the Joker' be found in the ranks of the Empire for example?

And how is the Dark Side "quicker, easier, more seductive", considering that Kylo Ren shows that it's much harder?
>>
File: tumblr_o4vc4tNXhE1rpdpfpo2_1280.png (776 KB, 1173x631) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4vc4tNXhE1rpdpfpo2_1280.png
776 KB, 1173x631
>>67648032
>>67648041
oh, it's actually from when finn gets him on the shoulder
>>
>>67648163
They want this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Dirlewanger
>>
File: 1458769452633.jpg (632 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1458769452633.jpg
632 KB, 1920x800
>>67647794
after watching the documentary, I don't think any romance will happen to Kylo.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 746x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 746x820
I thought that there really weren't any missteps in the casting, or the locations. It's really the disjointed nature of the writing which underserved characters like Poe, Hux and Kylo. It would be nice to see senior officer class in the Order as well, unless it's just 'intended to be' a boy's club.

http://youtu.be/iWP_DkmANbw
>>
Adam is a cute.

http://youtu.be/pVhap6mxjW4
>>
>>67648105
Why do people always assume Luke is just hiding out? For all we know, the first Jedi temple holds some secret to defeating Snoke and the First Order. He may have had a very good reason for leaving.
>>
Because no one right in the head roots for the side with the nigger and coal burner
>>
>>67648571
the secret is a female virgin sacrifice
>>
>>67648397
Why?
>>
Apart from Finn he's the only character in the movie period. On top of that he's the only character with anywhere left to go. Finn already achieved his arc in the first film. Poe is just badass pilot and Rey is just Mary Sue.
>>
>>67648521
Shit he's so nervous. Poor guy. I don't find him attractive but I have the strongest urge to protect him now.
>>
>>67648762
I still hod out hope that Finn's background will factor more into his character and arc going forward. I'm 80% sure he'll lead a stormtrooper rebellion after all the emphasis on them being stolen and brainwashed from childhood.
>>
>>67648521
That is actually kind of cute, yes.

I kind of feel bad for that Martinez guy though.
>>
>>67648397
What documentary and why? What's the bridal carry and all that other shit for then?
>>
File: reype.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
reype.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>67648987
It's just for fun.
>>
File: abrams.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abrams.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>67648755
>>67648987
the secrets of the force awakens, TFA extras are on torrents
>>
File: 1458568405573.png (579 KB, 1271x1201) Image search: [Google]
1458568405573.png
579 KB, 1271x1201
>>67647934
>Kylo topping

You can't even do your own shit pairing right. Please leave.
>>
File: asdf.png (117 KB, 540x322) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
117 KB, 540x322
>>67649081
BRAVO JJ

REAL EBIN
>>
File: tumblr_o1pjeuPPCe1qf5qe4o1_1280.jpg (142 KB, 700x808) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1pjeuPPCe1qf5qe4o1_1280.jpg
142 KB, 700x808
>>67649156
i like it both ways famalam
>>
File: 1458934049398.jpg (257 KB, 555x594) Image search: [Google]
1458934049398.jpg
257 KB, 555x594
>>67648117

kek'd
>>
File: drive ford.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drive ford.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 461x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 461x300
http://youtu.be/1HWAcEBVDMQ

Hopefully ILM is working overtime right now.
>>
>>67644193

> Why the more i watch The Force Awakens

Wait. What!?
>>
File: Dr Abrams I'm Mary Sue.jpg (310 KB, 1261x1920) Image search: [Google]
Dr Abrams I'm Mary Sue.jpg
310 KB, 1261x1920
>>67644193
It's crazy because the writers obviously put way more effort into developing him than any other character.
>>
>>67649081
name? where is it? does it include the extra scenes?
>>
>>67649255
Do you think Snoke lets everyone on Starkiller Base rape Kylo when he fucks up?
>>
>>67648798
>protecting a former US soldier who is also a fucking giant.

I'd slick to it
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (36 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
36 KB, 1024x576
>>67649317
How do they not shit themselves laughing when they do this?
>>
>>67649081
Link please.

I legit can`t find it.
>>
>>67649396
Which is fine by me because he's by far the most important character in TFA and possibly the fourth most important in Star Wars as a whole.
>>
>>67649458
A C T I N G
>>
File: snowspeed.webm (3 MB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
snowspeed.webm
3 MB, 700x392
>>67649400
it's on kat, called Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens 2015 BONUS DISC
https://kat.cr/star-wars-the-force-awakens-2015-bonus-disc-720p-bluray-1gb-mkvcage-t12345321.html
https://kat.cr/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-2015-bonus-disc-1080p-bluray-avc-dd5-1-rarbg-t12343989.html

720p version is passable
>>
>>67649559
Glad they cut all that shit.
>>
File: based.jpg (52 KB, 765x415) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
52 KB, 765x415
>>67649081
JJ "Kino is my life" Abrams

How can one man be so based ?
>>
>>67648521
How many times was he raped in the Marines? He may be huge but I can't imagine him lasting an hour with how cute and innocent he is.
>>
>>67649559
kek, they cut the rare scene where marey sue didn't excel
>>
Reylo a shit.

Phasma/Kylo when? they are both so tall, it would be like watching gods fuck.
>>
>>67649541

S H E K E L S
>>
File: 1459362835342.webm (2 MB, 880x494) Image search: [Google]
1459362835342.webm
2 MB, 880x494
>>67649559
finally, an unabridged version of Daisy's training
>>
File: 1219-0-cry.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1219-0-cry.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
>>67649761
>you will never see Phasma spank Kylo until he cries and then peg him with a dildo made from Sheev's ship
>>
>>67649559
>Rey wearing Finn's jacket

CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>67649761
>>67649880
I'm assuming she'd keep the armor on?
>>
>>67649899
thats Poe jacket tho.

>>67649913
both with their armors on.
whats the point if they take the armor off?
>>
File: masturbating comically hard.jpg (43 KB, 818x827) Image search: [Google]
masturbating comically hard.jpg
43 KB, 818x827
>>67649870
>that assjiggle

I want her to snap my dick off like a carrot
>>
>>67649948
White took what the black man had first, so technically it's Finn's property to begin with.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 500x345
>>67648651
Will they feed Rey to the Gnarltree?

http://youtu.be/C0QIb9p-_mc
>>
>>67650013
but Poe is latino you retard.
are you being racist against latinos and white saying they look the same?!
DO YOU THINK LATINOS AND WHITES LOOK THE SAME ANON? THATS FUCKING RACIST YOU BITCH
>>
>>67649317
I genuinely did not think Ford could phone it harder than he did with Crystal Skull, but I was so wrong.
>>
>>67644193
>the more i watch The Force Awakens
Are you saying you watched that steaming pile of dogshit more than once? Jesus Christ!
>>
>>67647531
POOR LITTLE BLACK BOY
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 624x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 624x382
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-34989035

Production design
>>
>>67650070
Being white means you have privilege, it has nothing to do with skin color or ancestry. Stop being racist and grow up.
>>
>>67649458
there were far worse scenes
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 842x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 842x356
https://youtu.be/cUtYuwnJsS0
>>
>>67650094
I saw this kino 7 times in the cinema
>>
>>67650181
I'm not saying it was a bad scene. Just the way it was shot is fucking funny.
>>
File: luuuke.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
luuuke.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
You don't get to bring friends
>>
>>67649317
lol
>>
>>67644193
unlike the other characters in the movie he actually has an arc, and JJ writing crew isnt rigging the story to make us like him so his suffering and tragedy feels genuine rather than forced.
>>
>>67650238
There are probably a thousand scenes from a ton of movies that look absolutely ridiculous to a passer by on set that ended up looking epic on screen. Just comes down to an actor's ability to stay in character and tune it out.
>>
at first I thought they wanted him to be bad ass but he just came off as a weak bitch, but then I realized he was a weak bitch that was trying to be bad ass and it made a whole lot more sense
>>
>>67650185
I don't get you, did we watch the same movie? I mean what kind of pleasure do you get from watching a movie with a nonsensical plot, terrible casting, acting, script and music?
TFA was prequel levels of shit tier.
>>
>>67650431
>TFA was prequel levels of shit tier.

Nah, it was just there. It wasn't offensively bad like Phantom Menace, for example. TFA is simply a movie no one would give a fuck about if it was Star Wars.
>>
>>67650426
He's essentially reverse-Luke
>>
>>67645231
>implying the dark lord isn't just using Kylo Ren as a pawn to bait in a much more powerful force user.
He's pretty much the Wimp Lo of this movie.
>>
File: 1423637625972.jpg (44 KB, 484x566) Image search: [Google]
1423637625972.jpg
44 KB, 484x566
>>67650520
>they trained him wrong on purpose and he loses to a girl
>>
>>67650431
TFA is kino in it's purest form

It just went over your head

s m h
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 755x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 755x314
>>67650375
It's laziness on Disney's part.
>>
File: 1389512081406.jpg (89 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1389512081406.jpg
89 KB, 480x480
>>67650608
>>
>>67650552
Sidious' mistake was making a pupil that could easily overwhelm him in the moment.
I don't expect this new dark lord to be quite so reckless and having such blind faith in his own ability to convert others to his cause.
>>
File: dr audition.webm (2 MB, 880x494) Image search: [Google]
dr audition.webm
2 MB, 880x494
>>67649559
literally the only good scene on the disk to be honest family
>>
>>67650718
>Pleb can't into kinography
lmao
>>
>>67647847
Well, on the bright side the Superweapon did manage to destroy a bunch of planets before perishing.
1 Superweapon planet for the price of above 5 o 6 Rebel ones or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (683 KB, 1600x1085) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
683 KB, 1600x1085
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 500x386
>>
>>67650485
but the entire point of this movie is being a genuine SW movie, something the prequels couldn't manage to achieve with their terrible characters

settings in this were really meh though
>>
>>67647847
Well it did work how they intended it to. It destroyed the republic and it's fleet.
>>
>>67650431
>this fucking delusion

lmao
>>
Iv had the opposite feeling with Rey. The first time I watched the movie I was in love , thinking she is a cute Goddess with adorable accent, and I would do literally anything just to have the priveleg of sniffing her butthole.

On my second watch, she was INSUFFERABLE. Bitch was overly excited when she shouldnt have been, and sounded so much like Arnold Schwarzaenager.

>Youre Aaan Solo!
>I boipaased da compressah!

Why doesnt she talk like normal people? What the fuck
>>
File: 1454477671942.gif (3 MB, 220x212) Image search: [Google]
1454477671942.gif
3 MB, 220x212
>>67647482
>Kylo takes mask off
>normie students all laugh
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 755x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 755x363
These matte paintings blew my mind as a kid with their insane amount of technical details.
>>
>>67650967
There was a nigger in it! DID YOU SEE THE NIGGER OR NOT?
>>
>>67650967
>>67651040
Disney marketer.
>>
>>67651188
Hi
>>
>>67651188
Reminder that the movie has a 92% approval rating on RT, 81 on Metacritic (indicating "universal acclaim), and an A CinemaScore but you, random sperglord on the internet, are the final arbiter of quality and anyone who disagrees with you is a Disney marketer.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 540x540
>>
>>67651252
92% of people who watched it and voted on RT are brain dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 1324x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 1324x649
Conceptual Art.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 560x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 560x424
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x286
>>
>>67651288
That's from ESB
>>
>>67648502
>ifunny
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 655x936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 655x936
>>67644193
Regarding Kylo Ren's slaying of his dad... Can this really be considered an 'obligatory scene'?

Because the scene is initially foreshadowed in dialogue, but there's no tension leading up to the decision... Hell, Kylo kills Han in their first scene together!

The decision is necessitated by the Character, but absolutely random in the context of TFA's tone.
>>
>>67651997
This sounds dumb enough to be from the new Plinkett
>>
>Dark lord of the edge

Dad, my dark side bar is at 99% hold still for a second please.

*zap*

Thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 500x478
>>67652511
>Screenwriting 101
Guess I must've thrown you right about there.

Han's death is just jammed in there as a structural element. Maybe a Director's Cut will fix it.
>>
>>67652697
>Maybe a Director's Cut will fix it.
there won't be any
>>
>>67652718
When a movie is this bad, there will be.
>>
>>67644316
Yes, he's more complex.
He's also more pathetic and desperate for approval, and that makes it hard to see him as a competent villain.

Complex =/= good
>>
>>67644743
>Why was Luke on top of some mountain just stood there?
he was finding himself and doing meditation jedi stuff

>Shouldn't he be fighting with his friends to save the universe?
implying that luke cares and he isn`t now a nilistic old man

>Who made the map?
who cares,i does make diference?

>How did they know where he was?
they had a map

>Why did they make it?
the map?
to find luke

>Why did Kylo Ren join the dark side?
we don`t know

>Why did he kill his dad?
he thought that it would make him stronger but it had the oposit efect

>Is he the ultimate edgelord?
yep,next movie tho,he will have a character development

>Not to mention he has apparently been trained by some ayy lmao but he got destroyed by a girl who is completely untrained and got damaged by a nig nog who doesn't even have the force
killing his father made him weak and the gut wound made him even weaker.

>And why the fuck can this girl use Jedi mind tricks and move objects when she hasn't been trained?
that`s how the force works like ob1 said in ANH you only need to learn to feel the force by having a calm personality and stuff, witch rey has,and it would guide your actions

so that was the force acting through rey.

>she was even stronger than Kylo when she pulled the lightsaber.
the lightsaber,like a good excalibur,chosed rey instead of kylo.

>Also how did she use the Jedi mind trick when she didn't even know something like that existed?
that`s how the force works

>She's a fucking Mary Sue to appease all the feminists.
yep,she is.
it doesn`t ruined the movie to me tho but it could have been better

>Abrams is a complete hack
yep

>he makes the prequel trilogy look like a masterpiece
nahhh
>i don`t like sand
this will never be a masterpiece

sorry for the bad english.
>>
>>67648163
nice blotter, is it yours?
>>
>>67653189
>the lightsaber,like a good excalibur,chosed rey instead of kylo.
yeah except it's not a magic sword it's a regular old light saber
>>
>>67653368
it is now, fuccboi
>>
>entire movie ruined by a giant mary sue who dun need no man no help because she knows how to handle herself so why are you holding her hand?? get off
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.