[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>built up as this titanic clash of fundamentally different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2015-04-19-14-00-10.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1689) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-19-14-00-10.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1689
>built up as this titanic clash of fundamentally different personalities and ideologies (like in the comics)

>one was tricked into it and the other was blackmailed

People are defending this ironically, right?
>>
>>67641632
>People are defending this ironically, right?

I hope so. Otherwise, I think that lead-in-the-water problem might be spreading further beyond Flint faster than was previously thought.
>>
>>67641632
>(like in the comics)

>>>>/co/
>>
cock
>>
>>67641632

>I strongly believe that you must be destroyed the ensure to safety of the human race
>martha
>I have reconsidered and will instead aid you
>>
TDK did the whole questioning moralities thing ten times better
>>
At least Civil War they actually have a reason to fight.
>>
ITT: people who haven't seen the film
>>
File: 1430574176276.jpg (37 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1430574176276.jpg
37 KB, 448x545
>>67642529
This
>>
>>67642529
>I don't see you as a human, you are foreign creature to us, unable to understand weak, mortal humans
>martha
>so you do have something in common with us... so you can feel affection and share bonds with us humans so you bleed as well...
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>67642529
Batman's whole theory was that Superman was an outsider who could not be trusted. Uttering his mother's name demonstrated Superman's humanity and allowed Batman to realize that he was scapegoating Superman. All in all, though, this was an alcoholic Batman making rash decisions because he was probably dealing with PTSD. It makes sense that thousands of his employees dying would fuck up Bruce.
>>
>>67642895
So Brucie was basically /pol/ then?
>>
>>67642778
ITT: People blinded by allegiance to DC
>>
>>67642895
Hearing Martha's name made Batman realise that he became the killer from Crime Alley
>>
>>67642992
Well no because they have a reason to fight

>Supes actions makes a bunch of Wayne employees die including Bruce's friend
>Batman thinks Supes needs to have a leash on him
>He dreams that Supes will destroy the world
>The guy that lost his legs due to supes played a roll
>Batman is taking things into his own hands and supes doesn't like that
>Lex said to Supes either kill Bats or Martha dies

No reason to fight my ass
>>
>>67642992
ITT: People who give too much credit to Rotten Tomatoes

Most negative reviews are due to the fact that it didn't have jokes, or because reviewers didn't see the symbolism that was spoonfed to them, or because they were confused by basic DC mythology. Those aren't even arguments.
>>
>>67643166
Or because it didn't just "not have jokes", it was entirely joyless; or because they DID see the symbolism for the obvious, hamfisted, forced attempt at "depth" that it was; or because it rips a bunch of pages from the DC canon, throws them into a blender, and generates an a bulging, pulsating, abominable Frankenstein of a script that simply isn't cohesive, where events just sort of happen without a sense of natural narrative flow.

The movie's shit, Jim.
>>
>>67641632
The fight itself was awesome but I couldn't enjoy it on an emotional level.

In Dark Knight Returns they made Superman out to be a smug douchebag who had sold out his beliefs/values to the government. It was satisfying to watch Batman successfully kick his ass.

In BvS you watch a tragic Superman who was essentially bullied the entire movie desperately try to figure out a way to save his mother without killing Batman. You're then forced to watch him crawl on the ground as Batman prepares to murder him.
>>
>>67643130
MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS
>>
File: 1459271954283.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459271954283.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67642880
this
>>
>>67643166
there's a difference between quips and being a depressing piece of shit

I know enough about DC to get everything but that doesn't stop it from being a mess with a shitty generic plot. That movie is garbage compared to The Dark Knight Returns which still had fun and an understanding of the characters
>>
File: AngryGibson.jpg (93 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
AngryGibson.jpg
93 KB, 650x1000
>Built up as a place to discuss film
>Only discuss capeshit
>>
>>67643695
I couldn't enjoy the fight because it was just two tragic/depressing characters trying kill each other for reasons outside of their control. Civil War works because Tony is a massive asshole who thinks he's hot shit.
>>
File: confused_okami.gif (641 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
confused_okami.gif
641 KB, 250x141
Why didn't Superman just pick up Batman by his cape and fly him over to Lex while explaining the situation along the way?
>>
>>67641632
>tricked
Hardly. Batman already made his mind when Zod happened. Luthor jr. just gave him kryptonite.
>>
>>67642937
Brucie is an arrogant billionaire who wants to kick out aliens. He is Trump.
>>
>>67643740

> Civil war works because QUIPS

FTFY
>>
>>67642728
Yeah, dam Bucky's ass, amirate?
>>
>>67643138
>>The guy that lost his legs due to supes played a roll

>>
>>67642529
Batman's parents are dead and his whole life revolves around that fact.

Of course he was moved by this new information.
>>
>>67641632
>batman is asleep for half the film
>literally asleep and we watch his dreams
i dont know i watched it an i still cant believe its real
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.