[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Drugs expand your mind! >The US government is fascist/full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: Hicks gif.gif (1009 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Hicks gif.gif
1009 KB, 500x375
>Drugs expand your mind!
>The US government is fascist/full of nazis!
>Oswald didn't kill JFK, M-MUH GRASSY KNOLL!
>Has literally said "WAKE UP AMERICA"
>"LOL GOATBOY"

Bill Hicks: The Edgy Teenager of the Internet, But For Comedy
>>
Yeah. I'm embarrassed by my Bill Hicks phase.
>>
>>67637538

That bit about sucking your own cock though.
>>
You have to judge comedians on the basis of before and after they starting to buy into their own shit.

See Kennison, Hicks, Carlin, et fucking all.
>>
He's right though
>>
>Le kill yourself if you are in advertising
>Poses for adverts for his shows

He was funny when he shut the fuck up about politics and le edgy philosophies
>>
he's literally alex jones
>>
>>67637538
He did it before mainstream Internet. It's comedy, just click another youtube clip if you don't like it.
>>
>>67637567
It was a necessary discovery of independent thinking and turning against the mainstream

He's a funny guy with bold ideas who just happens to be wrong about a lot of shit
>>
>>67639678
Just curious, what was he wrong about?
>>
>>67640562
>drugs expand your mind
>the US government is fascist/full of nazis
>Oswald didn't kill JFK
>>
>>67640600
He said that drugs had the potential of expanding your mind. There's no proof of that Oswald is the killer. And don't think he said the one about the US gov.
>>
>>67640562
He was selfish. His whole thing about smoking and drugs was bullshit and he knew it
>>
>>67640782
Why was it bullshit?
(The Pot is natural, don't make nature against the law shit was bad I agree)
>>
It's okay to disagree with the politics or premise and still enjoy the jokes.
>>
>>67640600
> I don't know what fascism is
>>
the thing about mice is they're just fag rats
>>
>>67637538
I'm basically a fascist and I find many of Hicks' political premises beneath contempt-- however, I think the man was a comic genius:
>SUCK SATAN'S COCK!
>PUT EM IN THE MOVIES!
>HOW CAN THE DOOR BE A JAR?
>>
>>67642624
You have down syndrome.
>>
>>67643273
i'd sooner be a fucking communist than a fascist

fascists are idiots who confuse romantic aesthetic ideals with principles of governance
>>
>vote democrats
>hur dur WAKE UP AMERICA

literally lel the person
>>
>>67642624
>quotehd
>image doesn't say when he said so
???
>>
>>67637538
But Oswald didn't kill JFK.
>Back
>And to the left
>>
File: e0nSYoV.jpg (131 KB, 472x367) Image search: [Google]
e0nSYoV.jpg
131 KB, 472x367
>>67643310
Good one
>>67643557
>too lazy to look it up
July 2 2008
>>
>>67643368
Not being a dick, but what's your alternative
>>
>>67637538
Yeah, never found Hicks or Carlin even slightly funny, just downright cringe-worthy. A comedian that takes themselves too seriously? It doesn't fucking work! You can get a little serious at times, but when it's your whole act it's just preachy and pretentious. Louis CK has a decent balance.
>>
>>67644053
The other image clearly implies that it's a quote from Obama
>>
>>67644539
You're not too bright
>>
>>67644317
The only alternative, is simply not to vote. Accept that at the end of the day, we don't have a real say in the matter. Our votes don't count. So stop going out on election day, and stop being part of the problem.
>>
>>67644539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s
>>
File: potatostew.jpg (106 KB, 1600x1028) Image search: [Google]
potatostew.jpg
106 KB, 1600x1028
I WISH I WAS DEAD BILL HICKS
>>
>>67644647
People barely vote as it is.
>>
WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING
>>
It's funny because bill is right but you're all "asleep" in his words, just unttering "ugh yeah my bill hicks phase" as if you could dismiss him as nothing.

How about your george carlin and christopher hitchens stage? Boy those fags sure sucked. How about your Dio stage? Fags dead, hated him.
>>
I grew out of Bill Hicks before I grew out of my snapback hats phase.

Hicks fans are next level cringe
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>67644806
>cringe
>>
>>67644822
>desperately needing Yous
>>
>>67637538
Alex Jones.
>>
File: SuperHipster-73447.png (367 KB, 725x497) Image search: [Google]
SuperHipster-73447.png
367 KB, 725x497
>>67644806
>Being this much of a hipster faggot
>>
ITT: fags embarrassed they used to worship a comic
>>
>>67637538
>mfw someone tried to tell me Hicks was better than Carlin

Hicks didn't tell jokes though. He literally just got on stage and screamed about nonsense for a couple hours.
>>
>>67645432
Never worshiped him, hell I've never even thought he was all that funny beyond a few choice routines I'm too lazy to look up on YouTube. Just get annoyed when some 20 year old hipster fag thinks appreciating the work of someone like Hicks or Carlin is somehow "beneath" them.
>>
>>67645485

they were both shit
>>
>>67645553
But he literally wasn't though. If you didn't like late Carlin, early Carlin was a completely different flavor. He was also a competent actor. Hicks was none of these things.
>>
>>67645485
Carlin barely told any jokes. Just kind of said "everything is shit" like Hicks did. I've watched multiple Carlin specials where I completely regretted wasting my time on him.

I'm totally okay with their mediocrity being dead.
>>
>>67645654

After recently rewatching him it's crazy just how few actual jokes he tells. He pretty much DOES just get up on stage and ramble nonsense for an hour or two.

Nowadays, any time I hear someone call Carlin their favorite comedian I can only assume that they just haven't watched him since they were like 15 or something. Unless they're talking about his earlier work (which was pretty middle-of-the-road, honestly), but nobody really gives a shit about his early work.
>>
>>67645519
>Never worshiped him, hell I've never even thought he was all that funny
Yet you decided for some reason my post was about you...
>>
>>67637538
>The US government is fascist/full of nazis!
I guess that's why both US parties can't stop choking on jewish dick.
>>
Hicks is the man. You're all fucking hipsters.
>>
>>67645771
>in times of universal deceit, telling the truth is comedy
-some big guy
>>
If you're at all paying attention to what's happening in the world, you'd see that him and the other conspiracy fags have been right about a whole damn lot.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.