[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Nobody stays good in this world"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
File: superman-angry.jpg (59 KB, 950x395) Image search: [Google]
superman-angry.jpg
59 KB, 950x395
Seriously what did Superman mean by this? I know this movie didn't really get what Superman is, but Superman would never say that, unless they are setting up for Injustice but its still way too early. Bruce also said a similar line when he was talking with Alfred but that fits Batman character in this movie, not Superman.
>>
capeshit containment when board
>>
I guess that was supposed to be the theme.

Yet another thing Snyder failed at.
>>
>>67635745
He means he's allowed to just not be the symbol for justice and goodness whenever he's in danger of losing someone he loves. You know, like all the thousands of people he's aided in killing already.

BvS is all about superheroes being petty man children. Framed differently, Lex is as much a hero as either of them.
>>
>>67635745
It's a continuation from the talk with his father on the mountain.

You can try to do the right thing, but sometimes it will have negative consequences.

In this case he wanted to save his mother, but had to kill the bat.

See, this movie doesn't fuck around with good vs bad. It knows that things isn't black and white like that.

Go back to your black and white comics.

If Supes was real he wouldn't like you anyway.
>>
>>67635769
when you stop getting triggered by content you dislike, so about neverever
>>
Ever read Kingdom Come? Many writers have touched upon Superman's moral obligations and the strain associated with them.

Kingdom Come, Injustice and a handful of others (i.e., Red Son, for example) have touched on that. Allstar Superman introduced to us an infusion of old "good ol' Clark" and the modern, somewhat conflicted version of the Superhero. This version of Superman is considered to be the pinnacle. All of his good traits and qualities, but also recognizes his moral obligations and the stresses associated with it.

It's clear that Snyder prefers the modern, conflicted Superman over the Allstar/beloved version.
>>
Its either Hack Snyder just hates Superman or he just doesn't get it. Making Batman and Superman share a same perspective on humanity and justice is the perfect example of that.
>>
>MoS
>"everyone has the potential to be good"
>"on my world it means hope"

>BvS
>"fuck everything"
>>
>>67635745
Are you people just pretending to be retarded?

He said this because he was going to have to kill the bat to save his mother.
>>
>>67636203
He doesnt have to, you know. He should've been able think of so many solution to solve it that doesn't include killing Batman, because he's got all that super things in his locker, waiting to be used. The writer was too busy making him desperate right from the start just to make those two fighting each other, they ended up losing what's important.
>>
>>67636307
Superman is not smart. Not in this movie, not in the comics. He really is a bumbling oaf. A strong, upstanding one, but he makes bad decisions all the time. He doesn't think things through like he should. That's why Batman juxtaposes well with him. Superman is muscle, Batman is brains.
>>
>>67636103
it makes for a better story. A writer who gives something stronger to punch vs a moral dilemma, doesn't really know Superman
>>
File: mp3N2.gif (1 MB, 1600x1059) Image search: [Google]
mp3N2.gif
1 MB, 1600x1059
>>67636381
Not really. In the comics Superman is one of the most intelligent being in the universe. Jor-El was a genius as well.
>>
http://www.charismanews.com/culture/40058-is-man-of-steel-superman-christ-like-or-more-like-the-anti-christ

http://www.rense.com/general51/manofsteel.htm

You guys are too dumb and brainwashed to see the connections! Its funny. Its like i am the zookeeper and you are a bunch of chimpanzees xD
>>
File: 1455319518672 The Seventh Seal.jpg (146 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
1455319518672 The Seventh Seal.jpg
146 KB, 960x1440
>>67635745
That not actually true.
>>
>>67635745
i just don't understand how they kept that take and didn't redo. His acting seemed like he was a small character in a Will Ferrell movie or a Sunny episode where we're supposed to laugh at his emotions and at a dumb guy taking himself too seriously and the actor hams it up further for comedic effect

i just dont get it
>>
>>67636145
exactly
>>
File: 1456047466113.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456047466113.png
92 KB, 400x400
you fags dont understand capekino!
Superman=Jesus! Snyder is so fucking based
>>
>>67636307
>he doesn't have to
Ofcourse he doesn't and he tries not too, he clearly had chances to kill him if he wanted to, he didn't want to and that's why he was vulnerable to batman and lost.

His father told him the story about saving the farm and eating the hero cake but in reality by doing that he had destroyed the neighbors farm and killed the horses.

Being a hero is hard and people get hurt even when you try to do the right thing.

If he wants to save his mother he may have to be the bad guy.

Why are you people so dense?
>>
>>67636967
Remember that week were Mods were banning anyone who would say that sites name or even posted a reference to it. That week was a good week.
>>
>>67637037

Because this is 4chan, most fags from /pol/ and my pic related: >>67636700
>>
File: 04.jpg (883 KB, 1024x1622) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
883 KB, 1024x1622
>>67636381
>not in the comics
>>
>>67635745

Are you and the others in this thread just trolling or are you really this retarded?

The REAL world doesn't allow anyone to be a purely good 100% Saint 100% of the time no matter how good their intentions are. Sometimes life backs you into a corner and you have to punch sombody in the face.

You all would know this if you weren't all a bunch of faggots drinking each others jizz all the time.
>>
>>67637037
I dont think the farm situation comparable. If Superman were there, he would've saved the farm and the neighbour's horses. See the point here? Someday there might be a Superman's version of the farm problem, one in which Superman is facing a point-of-no-return situation. But saving her mother there is not a problem big enough to make him lose hope on himself, even for a second.

Its like in Nolan's Batman where people laughing at "where's the trigger", "where is she" approach while his character should be the world's greatest detective.
>>
Superman's pissed off because he's been trying to help people for the entire movie and everyone hates him for it.

We've had at least two scenes before this that establish the idea that helping people comes with consequences. The scene where Kevin Costner's on the mountain, and the scene where Amy Adams is in the bathtub.
>>
Did he seriously said that? Jesus Christ...
>>
>>67637747
Yet I saw people claiming this is a movie that paints Superman's ideals as the right thing, and people attacking him are wrong

This on the other hand explicitly says: Superman doesn't give a shit about the world anymore

And at the end he basically says he's only doing that sacrifice for Lois because she's the only one who understands him

I guess the 'S' stands for Selfish
>>
>>67637711
the specific situation wasn't the point dude
the point is that there are consequences to our actions
after which his hallucinated dad said that in the end all we can do is our best and live with it while always striving for what is right
superman is put in a lose lose situations and still tries to cooperate not even for his own sake but so that he doesn't have to surrender his ideals.
he was shattered at the idea of having to kill batman yet never tried
lex overpowered superman through knowledge and superman overpowered lex through faith and love
>>
I fucking hate snyders ate up loser version of superman.

He's basically a kryptonian Charlie Brown.

Batfleck is awesome though.
>>
>>67638977
>This on the other hand explicitly says: Superman doesn't give a shit about the world anymore

That line couldn't have been more of an obvious lie. He looks down and immediately changes subject.
>>
>>67635745
Superman would also never say "Consider this mercy"

This was a Justice Lord movie not a Superman movie
>>
so the snyder/nolan stuff is always political in nature, and it's blowing up in their face

people are acutely aware of how poorly represented these characters are

these characters were warped to present a false political view, just as they were in dark knight, and just as they were in man of murder
>>
>>67637747
he's not pissed
he's heartbroken
>>
>>67636103
Considering how human this makes Superman, the USA has every right to stock up on Kryptonite weapons to kill him as a detriment.
>>
>>67635924
except this board would benefit greatly from you retard manchildren being isolated, you know people could talk about tv and film again and not just fucking 10 pages of capeshit
>>
Synder just hates Superman and the only reason he killed him is to Batman can be the founder of the Justice League
>>
I don't remember the last time any of those garbage quippy cookie cutter Marvel flicks caused this much discussion. It's all the same boring shit in the reviews, hey it was fun. Whatever you may think of it, BvS at least has that.

Shame Marvel won't go back to its old ways from Raimi's days.
>>
>>67635872
Or he could use his near infinite power to smite lex and save Martha.
>>
>>67639390
The general population hates Superman and worship Batman as a symbol of hope and an inspiration. Never watched JL, JL Unlimited and Young Justice? Batman is the top dog in all those shows. Batman The Brave and the Bold was basically the Batman Expanded Universe
>>
>>67635821
>Lex is as much a hero as either of them.

There's no angle that makes prepping the Earth for an invasion by Darkseid heroic.
>>
>>67639390
superman's sacrifice inspires batman to be a force for good that he can be but hasn't been
>>
>>67639694
There is in interview with Snyder blatantly stating he killed of Superman so Batman can be the boss of the Justice League
>>
>>67639740
Nothing wrong with that tho.
>>
>>67639088
What is the lose-lose situation in that particular situation? He is Superman. The only Lex threat IIRC was if his people see him flies out of Gotham they'll kill Martha. Its far from lose lose for OP character like Superman. The 'loophole' is infinite if you had his power.

What would be the consequences for his action saving his mom? He didn't even try to think what was best to do, instead he bowed down to Lex then he said that desperate sounding line in order to fit in the theme of the movie.
>>
>>67639740

He didn't express himself well. He killed Superman because with Superman alive there's no need for the Justice League. Batman's Saint Peter. He'll be creating the church of Superman.
>>
>>67639962
No hie literally said that if Superman was alive he would be in charge of the JL and not Batman

So he killed him
>>
>>67639236
In the other thread they say Superman doesn't have many lines because the world doesn't care. But in his few and limited line, he actually sounds like, I dont know, anything but Superman.

Snyder is a hack.
>>
>>67639999
quads for truth
>>
>>67639962
>with Superman alive there's no need for the Justice League.

So what happens when Superman comes back?

Superman needed Wonder Woman's help to defeat Doomsday, and a little help from Batman as well. The Justice League without Superman is way more powerful than Superman alone.
>>
>>67640176
According to post-TDKR comics, Batman is way more powerful than the Justice League
>>
>>67635745
He means no one who had a say in this film knows shit about Superman.
>>
>>67636381
Superman is super-smart, dumbass. Superman and Batman just have conflicting ideals and upbringings and stuff.
>>
>>67639920
superman doesn't know where martha is, he knows batman can figure it out and goes to him with the intention of working together. he didn't bow to lex either, he simply bent down to see the pictures of his mothers while realizing what kind of person lex is
>>
>>67637110
You mean Reddit? Reddit! There, I said it! baka desu senpai
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (95 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
95 KB, 438x438
>>67635745
>Superman would never say that
I'm so sick of people pretending to be comic book fans in order to back up their criticisms. The people who claim to have grown up reading comics, but only got into this shit in 2008 when TDK and Iron Man came out, and people started thinking it was cool to read comics.
What you meant to say was, "Chris Reeves Superman would never say that." That's were all your understanding of Superman comes from.
FUCKING NORMIES PRETENDING TO BE COMIC BOOK FANS THEY'RE ALL OVER /TV/ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67642236
>I'm so sick of people pretending to be comic book fans in order to back up their criticisms.

You mean all of /tv/?

>all comics are bad and stupid and dumb and have never been good, what do you mean do I read comics I don't read that shit, never have also I suck a million billion cocks daily
>>
>>67642287
>THEY'RE ALL OVER /TV/ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Tell me, do you read?
>>
>>67641530
Superman can figure out where Martha is in a matter of minutes
He fucking hears Lois drowning at the other side of the city
>>
File: 1459292553571.jpg (895 KB, 1280x3967) Image search: [Google]
1459292553571.jpg
895 KB, 1280x3967
>>67635872
>If Supes was real he wouldn't like you anyway.

Well its a good fucking thing he isn't, and he doesn't live in the real world. Its still a film franchise aimed at children and teens, and you can still make Superman realistic and heroic and not be on the verge of tears every scene.

>>67636103
This. And its ridiculous they used an All Star quote in Man of Steel.
>>
>>67639920
Dude, if he just straight up murdered Lex. Would that make him a better person?

Please think before you speak. You make no sense at all just to prove your ignorance.

"HUH WHY DIDN'T HE JUST MURDER LEX?"

He tries to do the best thing. Just straight up killing people is not trying to do the best thing.

If you need this to be explained to you, you might be a sociopath. Go check a therapist.
>>
File: PZ7.jpg (29 KB, 590x266) Image search: [Google]
PZ7.jpg
29 KB, 590x266
>>67642556
Comics wise, him threatening Martha sounds like a good way to buy a one way ticket to the big boy phantom zone.
>>
File: b8t.gif (81 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
b8t.gif
81 KB, 200x200
>>67642556
>>
>>67642611
Sorry but in this version he doesn't have a way to send him into the phantom zone. Not sure if you noticed that.

Also, killing =/= phantom zone.

Result of Lex's action landed him in jail. Which is the best solution for now.

Martha still lives, Lois still lives, Supes will return. I see no fucking point in this debate other than some fucktards trying to proof that they are soooo much smarter than the people who like fucking movie.

It's petty.
>>
>>67642687
Poe's law.

Bait pics have lost all their meaning since there are legit retards who ask these questions. Just read or listen to some reviews.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>67636700
No duh pal, it's all freemasonry.
>>
>>67642611
Stop pretending you're referencing comics when you're referring to the Donner movies, poser.
>>67642236
See here.
>>
>>67642611
>>67642698

Also in the DCEU, the "phantom zone" involves being put in stasis on the Prison Ship that became Zod's capital ship. Which returned to the Phantom Zone when it hit then World Engine.

The point being, the only one with the technology to re-open the Zone is Luthor with his access to the Kryptonians ship. Though with his arrest, Batman may gain access to it.
>>
>Snyder tried to make Superman heroic and uplifting in MoS
>"On my planet, it means hope."
>Jesus symbolism everywhere

>Accidentally made Man of Murder a symbol of dangerous, wanton destruction
>Makes this aspect the driving force of the follow up move
>Where Superman looks annoyed and bothered by saving people in dour, muted, slow motion montages
>Superman is a cynic
>He ignores crime and shit just so he can puff out his chest and intimidate Batman before getting into a dumb fight with him

I hate stuff.
>>
>>67639550
>There's no angle that makes prepping the Earth for an invasion by Darkseid heroic.
From the marvelcuck's point of view, the superheroes are evil
>>
File: muh comics.png (284 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
muh comics.png
284 KB, 485x303
>>67642611
>>67642698
>>67642839
>In the comics

>>67642807
Here, let me post a comic version of the phantom zone to appease your desire to suck cock.
>>
>>67642898
How did you feel when when dozens of not 100+ got snack barred and he just looked a little off out by the whole thing.
>clearly noticed something was up
>no last minute attempt to stop it
>no attempt to even look for survivors
>flies off on some vision west so his weirdo dad can tell him about how he fucked the neighbors pigs in the asshole
>>
>>67642947
You're not too bright, are you?
>>
File: 1448441361793.jpg (17 KB, 285x324) Image search: [Google]
1448441361793.jpg
17 KB, 285x324
>>67643038
>local man's desire to suck cock intensifies, not end in sight, scientists say
>>
>>67642898

I think the point here is that Superman is trying to *become* a symbol of hope to people. But that's not always easy when there's very legitimate reasons to fear you, such as your catastrophic battle with Zod ending in his death, plus Lex Luthor conspiring to make you seem bad.

And he doesn't ignore crime - that was what the Mexico scene demonstrated. He went all the way to Mexico to save someone the moment he heard what was happening.

Being a hero (like an actual hero, not just a cape) isn't easy at all - Batman doesn't even try to be one. Wonder Woman gave up, Flash isn't operating openly, and I'm sure Aquaman has his reasons to stay underwater.
>>
>>67643016
That scene is pure shit. Even the CG is probably at its weakest there.
>>
>>67635769
/tv/ is that board
>>
>>67643016
>clearly noticed something was up
>no last minute attempt to stop it
I think he explains he didn't notice anything until it was too late and he felt guilty about it.
>no search for survivors
He can hear heartbeats. He knew whether there were survivors.
>>
>>67643093
What's your first language, kid?
>>
>>67639250
This.. Why are so many on /tv/ so stupid?

Jesus Christ I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
>>
>>67643912
Same way I felt when MoS came out. I was convinced I walked into a parallel dimension and saw a different film from everyone else.
>>
>>67635745
>unless they are setting up for Injustice but its still way too early.

But they are setting up an injustice.

>Dream/future sequence showing evil superman.
>Flash coming back in time saying "Louis is the key... you were right about him yada yada"

They will either go full injustice(which i doubt) or make a movie where they adress that there is an alternative universe where that happened and they should do something to avoid it here.
>>
>>67636781
are you one guy who keeps posting this? because i'm on a similar wavelength, and would like to hear thoughts on this
>>
>>67642450
martha is hidden, ostensibly 'out of sight' from superman
lois is always near superman and him going back to bring her out of the water is a reference to an earlier scene
the movie is full of callbacks and meanings therein
>>
>>67635745
>>67636142
>>67636700
>>67640018
>>67642611
>>67646052
>>67646124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.