[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INTERSTELLAR, (2014) This is inarguably the greatest movie ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: interstellar.jpg (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
interstellar.jpg
497 KB, 1280x720
INTERSTELLAR, (2014)

This is inarguably the greatest movie ever made. From the sprawling dissection of humanity's evil and selfishness through Dr. Hugh Mann (played in an Oscar-deserving performance by Matthew Damon), to the beautiful Oedipal relationship between a father and his daughter. In one film, Nolan manages to explore the furthest reaches of space and time, and ultimately collapses into a blackhole, symbolic of how he has filled a great void consuming modern cinema. Without this film, science would not have a place in modern cinema, and we would be forced to watch lesser films such as "Lucy," without nearly the same amount of science in it. Nolan and his scientist friend Kip Thorne even co-wrote a book to accompany the film, and it was given to audiences freely on the opening screenings, as if inviting their minds into the greater realms of science. Without this movie, cinema would be doomed, but Nolan once again saves it. This has been compared to "2001," but it is a better film -- the story isn't pretentious, but very close to home, resting on romance and a father's love for his childrens. Bravo Nolan.
>>
>>67634601
GRAVITY WAS BETTER
>>
>>67634601
It's a millennials 2001 Space Odyssey, I'm not saying it's bad I thoroughly enjoyed it but it's definitely not GOAT. I'm honestly hoping they make more space operas like this.
>>
>>67634601
It was a mediocre flick at best. Don't kid yourself
>>
>the world is ending
>why?
>uh, dust

why was an advanced civilization that could build space stations not capable of just building an enclosed environment on earth and living there?
>>
Interstellar I'm sure will be the movie of a lifetime for a bunch of shallow, soulless twats.
>>
why are the helmets so small?
>>
>>67634683
the solved the space time equation, not the dust equation
>>
>>67634601
>This is inarguably

When you start a thread maybe you should allow others to disagree with you. Otherwise, what's the point, other than trolling?
>>
>>67634935
Only imbeciles and lesser beings would even attempt to argue facts
>>
>>67634601
>Oedipal relationship between a father and his daughter

It's called electra complex when it's a girl you retard.
>>
Solid bait.
>>
>>67634965

Oh, so trolling it is then.
>>
Watching the docking scene while high af was one of the greatest moments in cinematic history
>>
>>67634601
>This is inarguably the greatest movie ever made.
Stopped reading right there
>love is a force that transcends space and time
that was so fucking retarded
a film that has a line like that in it is just shit, sorry
>>
>>67634983
>Implying OP wrote any of that.
>>
Woulda been a perfect movie without Anne Hathaway and the edgy "love" meme
>>
>>67634601
>father-daughter relationship
>Oedipal
that is called Electra-complex, dipshit
>>
>>67635010
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>67634601
>father's love for his childrens.

You mean Murph. He hated his wife's son
>>
This is honestly, no memeing, my favorite scifi movie ever. So much of modern scifi is emotionally hollow, with quips and cgi and pop culture references filling the void. See The Martian and every Whedon movie.
Interstellar asks "what makes this life worth living"? And the answer of "love" is easy to make fun of, but its also true
>>
It's a very fun movie. I'm much more fond of the recent trend of space flicks than capeshit.
>>
>>67634994
Pretty blatant, imo, but it does have a bit of an effort put in.
>>
>>67635330
Too melodramatic for me, but the spacefaring aspect was quite nice. Certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of it.
>>
>>67635330
Nah nigga
>>
>>67634601
>beautiful Oedipal relationship between a father and his daughter
I think I miss something...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.