[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really don't understand why people hated this film.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
I really don't understand why people hated this film.

I mean it had its flaws to be sure, but I liked it.

Am I mentally ill? Or is everyone else retarded? I sincerely hope its the former.
>>
File: okay whatever man.webm (623 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
okay whatever man.webm
623 KB, 1000x563
Anon you may be amazed to hear that films are subjective.

If you need other people or reviews to validate your opinion then you are weak willed.
>>
>>67632385
There are people who didn't understand how Lex knew when to kidnap Martha.

That should say enough.
>>
>>67632385
people hate it because it is fundamentally flawed in basic areas like script. its become edgy and contrarian to say you liked it to go against the critic so that's why /tv/ is pretending it wasn't shit.
>>
>>67632419
That said, op still has a shit taste, if he liked that clusterfuck.
>>
>>67632385
You are the comic reader, aren't you ? It's hard piece for the casual film watchers because it has two stories in one pack. A film starts out as it seems to be what marketing said, but it got lost on its way; then, the other story comes in, and it does what it's supposed to do. The name of film should've been what implies 2/3 of film. Then the things would've been mildly okay.
>>
>>67632385
>why people hated this film.
They crammed 2 movies into one, also not much of actual Batman vs Superman fight. Most people didn't understand the dream sequences,Darkseid foreshadowing and shit like Joker killing Robin. Also a lot of people somehow didn't expect the movie having Justice League cameos despite the movie also being called "dawn of Justice".
>>
>>67632385
Snyder is a terrible storyteller, pretty pictures and some nice scenes but doesn't know how to put them together
>>
File: 1431661053793.jpg (73 KB, 663x585) Image search: [Google]
1431661053793.jpg
73 KB, 663x585
>>67632385
>I don't understand why people hated this film

>The flash time travels
>....into a dream
>>
File: 1431662047798.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431662047798.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>67632928
>Most people didn't understand the dream sequences

Please explain to us the super power of "time traveling into dreams". Is this standard DC shit? It sounds really fucking retarded.
>>
>>67632385
it doesnt just had a flaw

It is the flaw
>>
>>67633405
dream sequences have always been a way for shitty writers to shove in stuff they couldn't figure out another way to show to the audience. good writers use them to reinforce information we already know.
>>
>>67633478
so batman can see into the future and communicate with people from different space and time now? Kewl!
>>
>>67632385
This film is basically Burton's Batman with politics infused.
>Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
>Martha
>killing henchmen
>>
File: 1446935858479s.jpg (3 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1446935858479s.jpg
3 KB, 124x120
>>67633383
>into a dream
Can you not complain if you didn't follow the movie?
>>
>>67632465
>>67632465
>>67632465
Fucking this
>>
>>67632385
Fitting in is more important than being right or even simply thinking for yourself. All must conform.
>>
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!

Cmon.
>>
>>67634026
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
>>
>>67633793
>>67632465
samefag
>>
>>67632385
>Am I mentally ill?
Well you watch capeshit so yeah
>>
>>67632385
>I really don't understand why people hated this film.

because, some people have brain
>>
In terms of size how are these two supposed to match up?

Compared to Batman, is Superman a big guy?
>>
File: 988.jpg (47 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
988.jpg
47 KB, 582x600
>>67633727
>It's not a dream

Then why is the next shot Bruce waking up?
It isn't the audiences fault the editing is garbage.
>>
>>67632385
I think the problem is a lot of die hard comic book readers build this image of the characters they have read about for years in their heads and when they films don't portray the characters the way they see them they get mad

Its a comic book film, its not going to e perfect, its gonna have plot holes, its gonna seem rushed in places

I've never read a comic so when i went to see the film my only expectations were, to see batman and superman fight then team up and see the JL cameo's. All i expected was a comfy popcorn film and i got what i wanted so i like the film
>>
>>67634850
Batman's bigger 4u
>>
capeshit containment when board
>>
>>67632385
You understand that it's flawed.
You like it anyway.

Dunno OP, sounds pretty reasonable to me. As long as we're on the same page that liking a movie isn't the same as thinking it's good, we have no issues here.
>>
>>67634864
It wasn't a dream you pleb, when bruce "wakes up" and the flash goes you see the paper form his desk in the air floating down, painfully obvious they done that so you know it wasn't a dream
>>
>>67632385

It's the blade runner of our generation, the people who get it are just ahead of their time
>>
Was killing Clark a mistake? Superman can come back, but Clark comming back makes less sense and will rise more suspicion
>>
People didn't hate it. Paid reviewers did.
>>
>>67635106
>of our generation

When you add that qualifier, you're absolutely right.
>>
>>67632385
>I really don't understand why people hated this film.
Because they're plebs, all you need to know.
>>
I hated capeshit. I hated Superman and thought he was boring.

I was forced to watch this with my friends in the cinema.

But I fucking loved it in the end. The theme was similar to Watchmen, like "what would superheroes be like irl?" i loved how they portrayed Superman, fuck, i love it.

Capekino: Watchmen, Spider Man 2, Batman Begins, BvS and TDKR for meme reasons.
>>
>>67633584
flash can travel through time, bruce w just having a nightmare where he imagines the worst outcome of the whole "superman becomes a bad guy" thing
>>
>>67634026
its pretty obvious Bruce has some kind of PTSD and blames himself for not saving his parents (not hat he could have done anything) so hearing an alien saing the name of his dead mother got him TRIGGERED.

tldr people are fucking retarded. I had to explain this shit to my friends too... this is trully a movie too deep for marvelfags and normies
>>
>>67635026
Either way it's supposed to be trippy. Either way we know that really was the Flash using speedforce or what the fuck ever messaging Batman from another reality. But memes.
>>
>>67634026
>BvS literally too deep for you
Jesus.
The movie literally spoonfeeds you with a dream about Bruce visiting Martha's grave and a monster coming out of it.That's how obsessed he is.
>>
>>67637869

If there is something that this movie served for is to show how retarded people have become. It's not that the movie is complex, is that the people is just THAT DUMB.

I've been chocked ever since this movie released thanks to all the talks it generated. We're surrounded by idiots. I feel like goddamn Lex Luthor. Where's my Doomsday weapon? I want to kill everybody.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.