[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we all agree that Ant Man was alright?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: antman0002[1].jpg (85 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
antman0002[1].jpg
85 KB, 1280x850
So can we all agree that Ant Man was alright?
>>
>>67628709
no, it was pretty good.
>>
Would it have been better with the original director though?
>>
File: _20160329_193118.jpg (110 KB, 1080x1082) Image search: [Google]
_20160329_193118.jpg
110 KB, 1080x1082
Cool, another capeshit thread
>>
>>67628709
yeah i liked far more than most other hero stuff that's been out lately, the quantum zone was a nice touch too.
>>
>>67628709
It's literally the first Iron Man but with different suits.
>>
>>67628709
No.
>>
>>67628855
They had a change in director?

I really liked it. I thought the bit of him infiltrating into the Avengers base was kind of out there though. And too many quips.
>>
Top 5 MCU
>>
no
a shitty heist movie
>>
>>67628921
Edgar Wright left it like halfway through
>>
>>67628709
Caught a couple of minuets of it on a stream. One of the worst/stupidest things ive ever seen. How do you people stand to watch capeshit without clawing you're eyes out.
>>
one of the better marvel movies but it still had that "origin story with a big bad" blandness to it
marvel is really afraid to step out of their comfort zone all their movies are either a group getting together to stop a big bad or an origin story featuring a big bad
>>
>>67628921
Edgar Wright was originally supposed to write/direct it but he kept putting it off to work on other projects. When he did get around to working on it he declared that he wouldn't make it part of the MCU which was a deal breaker for Marvel/Disney so he walked.
>>
>>67628921
>And too many quips.
But that's what gives Marvel its edge.
>>
>>67628903
and a different main character with a different plot and it's a heist movie
>>
I liked it well enough. There's this one part where the dopey comic relief Latino character says something stupid and Paul sounds genuinely upset with him for being an obtrusive presence. I laughed more than I should have
>>
Quantum Zone was cool. Rudd is good at quipping properly.
>>
I watched it, I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

It was funny in less cringey way than GotG, but GotG was a bit more ambitious so it had farther to fall.
>>
File: peasant.jpg (56 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
peasant.jpg
56 KB, 600x487
>>67629016
>different plot

New CEO of company wants suit that hero has.
Gets a bigger suit.
Loses anyway.

Yep totally different plot.
>>
>>67628709
fucking terrible. middle of the road, mediocre, phoned in turd of a movie
>>
>>67629179
I mean with his daughter.
>>
>>67628921

the avengers bit shouted to me "this is why edgar wright wanted off" even if i enjoyed that part.

it was a fine movie. not amazing, not shit. just typical, entertaining marvel movie.
>>
Rudd is the best capeshit leading man since RDJ.

>>67628846
This.

>>67628855
Probably. Most of its flaws came from the change of vision halfway through.
>>
>>67628709
sure, it was fun
>>
File: swerve.jpg (165 KB, 778x658) Image search: [Google]
swerve.jpg
165 KB, 778x658
>>67629179
Is that a fucking photo of a image on a monitor?
What kind of retard are you?
>>
File: alec_guinness[1].jpg (16 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
alec_guinness[1].jpg
16 KB, 250x351
>any capeshit
>good

You'll grow out of these second hand, childish banalities soon, son
>>
>>67629003
I got sick of it. It just seemed like an overdose for this movie. Even Tauriel had them.
>>
>>67628985
>Edgar Wright was originally supposed to write/direct it but he kept putting it off to work on other projects
He helped fuck up Age of Ultron by delaying Ant-Man so much, and then saying they couldn't use Hank Pym for the Ultron Origin before he used the character. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>67629291
m-magneto?
>>
>>67628709
It's like Deadpool. small scale, simple, and fun.
>>
>>67628709
enjoyed it and gotg quite a bit, unlike most other capeshit
>>
>>67629246
The Falcon scene could have worked if
A) it was less of a fight and more of a chase. Like show Falcon chasing Scott through the compound and Scott actually getting the widget. Not Falco and Scott brawling on the lawn and Scott getting the widget off camera.

B) They didn't end it with that lame-ass "my boss is gonna be mad" joke. It should have been "Get Cap on the line, he's not gonna believe this"
>>
>>67629291
Stick to Mad Max, kid
>>
did evangeline lilly have any sexy scenes in this?
>>
I can't take him seriously because he's played by Paul Rudd. Paul Rudd isn't the superhero type. He's more of a "Phoebe's crippled boyfriend" type
>>
>>67629553
All her scenes are hot dude
>>
>>67629576
You sound like you from London
>>
>>67629643
yea but like showing belly/thighs/panties?
>>
>>67629358
Yeah, I liked that the stakes weren't THE END OF THE WORLD so to speak, more like a douchey guy sells people dangerous tech.

I also thought it was smart to have Michael Douglass in a mentor/guide role that teaches Scott along the way. Their connection was fun and at times sweet.
>>
>>67629179
>character overcomes struggle
DAE sick of this omnipresent plot?
>>
>complaining about there being jokes
That's the point of the movie. It's supposed to be goofy. You're not going to go see a movie called "Ant Man" and expect some epic are you?
>>
>>67628709
it was shit, as was every other marvel movie since iron man
>>
Was pretty alright - enjoyed most of it, except the whole concept of the suit.
So it's meant to reduce the space between the particles in atoms, right? Because after all, atoms are primarily empty space. Makes sense.
But then at the end, when he goes subatomic to rip out the guy's triple A battery: how does that work?
But nah apart from that, pretty good
>>
>>67631813
The whole movie falls apart under any scrutiny of proper physics. Just don't bother.
>>
>>67631813
Maybe Pym's theory is just wrong
>>
>>67628709
It was a fun flick, but that's about it
>>
>>67628866
But he wears no cape.
>>
>>67629312

>I hate Edgar Wright because muh precious age of Ultron

Grow up you petulant capeshit adoring manchild
>>
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1251x1950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1251x1950
Waspgirl should color her hair red
>>
>>67632213
We already have ScarJo and Scarlet Witch, calm down.
>>
>>67629716

Let's just say that Ant-man goes on an adventure.
>>
I watched it after The Winter Soldier, Thor 2 and Age of Ultron and aside from the first half of The Winter Soldier I hated all of them. Watching this was actually enjoyable, especially the light heartedness of the whole thing. I can't take super hero movies seriously any more and I guess that's why I enjoyed Ant Man.
>>
File: sweaty pussy in your face.webm (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
sweaty pussy in your face.webm
3 MB, 1920x1040
>>
>>67632861
Most of us would pay top dollar for that....
>>
The final fight was fucking great and a reminder that you can actually do fun things with superhero battles if you do them right.

>Epic clash of superpowered hero and villain
>Thomas the Tank toy falls over with a plastic thud
>>
LUIS WAS THE GOAT
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.