[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daredevil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 512x288
>it's a single take hallway fight scene episode
>>
>>67626807
This show excels in gigantic brawls and long, single-takes.

It fails miserably when guns, ninjas, and archers are added to the equation. That sweet gritty feel we were shown in the S1 fights and the S2 fight is ruined by the cheesy shit we get after that. I cringe whenever I see that one ninja in the background neglecting to take a swing with his sword, waiting for his turn to run into the meatgrinder. I cringe when a thug starts wildly spraying his gun at daredevil as he beats up his friend, and manages to miss every single shot while he flips over to disarm him. That shit takes me out of it. The first season did guns well: some guy would come in and daredevil would use his buddy has a human shield before chucking something at the gunman and closing the distance. But naturally, as shows go on, the choreography gets lazier and they take for granted the fact that guns should be respected. Instead of writing the fights to compensate for man's most deadly weapons, they simply dumb down the gunman to compensate. This is cutting corners in the worst way, and it started to become more noticeable in S2. I fear that as the hand becomes more prominent to the plot, we're going to get more of this cheesy ninja stuff when the show shined in it's grittier fights.
>>
>>67626930
>autism: the post
>>
>>67626807
>It's a capekino show thread
>>
>>67627243
maybe you're ok with turning off your brain but personally I just think it's lazy.
>>
>>67627295
It is lazy, but I don't really care about it that much. For the most part, I just skipped ninja shit. As well as most of the scenes Electra was it, she and generally increased capeshitness of the series made S2 much less pleasurable for me to watch.
>>
>>67627243
The ninja stuff is an old kung fu movie trope, if you watch any fight where the protagonist is taking on a bunch of enemies at once they just shuffle around in the background waiting for their chance to run in and get hit. And once you notice that, you can't not notice it every time you see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM

This fight has nice choreography but it's dumb to call it a 1v10 because they each wait their turn to get punched a bunch of times, not attacking the protagonist even when he has his back turned for several seconds and gives them a perfect opportunity to hit him.
>>
>>67626930
Fresh pasta
>>
>it's a "foggy does a really abyssmal, clinically indicative of autism speech and we are somehow supposed to take it in good faith that he is being a charismatic and convincing badass" episode
>>
>>67626930
I completely agree.

I didn't mind the ninja stuff as its own thing, but it clashed with the tone set by all Fisk and Frank scenes.
>>
>>67626930
Oldboy had one singletake scene and it has a hundred times the impact and weight to it. Daredevil certainly attempts them, but they don't "excel".
>>
>>67626807
Charlie A CUTE
>>
>>67627595
If you have to trot out Oldboy for something better then it's fair to say Daredevil excels at it, especially as it's a tv show.
>>
File: ss (2016-03-29 at 09.49.14).jpg (36 KB, 384x394) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-29 at 09.49.14).jpg
36 KB, 384x394
>>67626807
>it's a ninja episode
>>
Even for all its faults there's something about Daredevil that just sits right with me.

Most other cape shows just feel kinda generic. Even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so it"s not really a DC/Marvel thing.

DD just feels like they care more.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.