[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were we supposed to feel bad for Walter at the end? He was an asshole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: walter white.jpg (33 KB, 634x361) Image search: [Google]
walter white.jpg
33 KB, 634x361
Were we supposed to feel bad for Walter at the end? He was an asshole
>>
>>67626311
How many time do you think those /pol/ loving nazis gang fucked Jesse's anus?
>>
>>67626311
You were supposed to be glad that he died.
>>
>>67626311
I watched season 1 recently. The guy was an asshole from the start. I really wanted him to rip a bowl of meth during his death scene.
>>
Implying when we peel back the bullshit we all aren't assholes
>>
>>67626311

No, the show revolved around how Walt turned into a villain and Jesse turned into the hero. At the end, Walt somewhat redeemes himself by rescuing Jesse.
>>
>>67627447
>Jesse
>a hero
>>
>>67627312
>be dying
>want a hit of meth
>no pipe
>that feel when
>>
>>67626334
about tree fiddy
>>
If you think Walter was an asshole you are a numale and should pin some test or something
>>
>>67628379
I wouldn't call him a hero but the audience was definitely supposed to feel bad for him. He was a retard barely-adult with no father figure that was taken advantage of. When he daydreams working in a woodshop and making crafts it hit me in the feels.
>>
>>67627417
speak for yourself guy
>>
The fact that Walter had to literally tell Skylar he didn't care about the family and continued making meth just for himself shows how badly people missed the point about his character.
>>
>>67626311
I never liked Walt, but that was a part of the show: Walt isn't the good guy, he isn't the hero, and he isn't sympathetic beyond the cancer. He's the villain of the story, and you watch him slowly decay everything around him while he does nothing but excuse his actions. Walt wasn't the show's protagonist, Hank and Jesse were
>>
>>67626311
The show is about a smart and gentle man who has never amounted to much because he never took a risk and never stood up for himself until the start of the show. Then he gets drunk with power and in the end dies maybe not happy, but content in the knowledge that he has achieved something where many others would have faltered and died.
>>
GUESS I GOT
WHAT I DESERVED
>>
>>67626311
No, you weren't suppose to feel bad for him.
He knew his death was coming, one way or another, ya know- since his cancer came back and he was suckin' back chemo capri suns in a cabin in the woods.

He was hiding out to protect himself, but maybe even 'protect his family'. But when he got wind that someone else moved in on his territory, he accepted that he had to do the right thing AS WELL AS take those mother fuckers out.

So he goes back. Gives Skylar the vindicating piece of evidence. See's his children, from afar, knowing he can never influence them again. But his money will go to them so they won't have to live poor and make the same stupid decisions he made. And then kills the Nazi's while saving Jesse. He even takes a bullet protecting Jesse from a weapon HE MADE (Bravo Vince, unironically).

He knew he was dead, even gave Jesse the chance to take his vengeance if he wanted it- and Jesse (the son he never had) takes the high road and leaves him, making his escape into freedom.

Walt's last moment isn't there to "make you feel bad for him". It's him accepting the end of the road. He set everything right as best he could, and died the villain persona that made him happy in a bittersweet way.
>>
>>67628516
What do you expect from a Reddit audience?
>>
>>67628592
/thread
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.