[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lord of the Rings General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (37 KB, 350x302) Image search: [Google]
Ringstrilogyposter.jpg
37 KB, 350x302
Will there ever be another trilogy as great as this?

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mM-0Rz9uY
>>
Never.
>>
I don't know, there certainly are other fantasy tales that could be as beautiful to see as Lord of the Rings, but I doubt a studio would ever finance them.

Maybe if a passionate genius gets to direct something silmarillion related
>>
>>67625615
I actually thought The Hobbit was better
>>
>>67625934
I don't hate The Hobbit as much as most do, it's ok. Definitely has a lot of problems.
>>
>>67625820

>nothing as great as the Star Wars trilogy will ever happen again

We'll just have to wait 30yrs.
>>
>>67625615
Realistically maybe. Not impossible. Nothing can every surpass it within its own genre though. It would have to be something other than medieval fantasy, or fantasy in general.
>>
>>67625615
>Will there ever be another trilogy as great as this?

Depends. Are there any trilogy of books being written right now that is just as good as Lotr that they can adapt 10 years (or more) from now?
>>
File: trolls trolling trolls.jpg (86 KB, 388x296) Image search: [Google]
trolls trolling trolls.jpg
86 KB, 388x296
>>67625934
>>
>>67626110

It's sort of like a messy big budget fan film.

Fun times, honestly.
>>
>>67625615

Harry Potter, while not a trilogy, is a pretty dece series.

Movies took a huge dive after the 4th one though, when Hogwarts was pretty much disbanded.

5th and 6th just sucked, period. The last two movies were just OK.

Just sucks Harry didn't end up with Hermione but that beta emo ginger faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWF2xab1K2g
>>
>>67625615

LOTR is absolutely GOAT tho (for film).

I will say though Game of Thrones is the best TV/film I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>67627284
I noticed a sharp decline in quality with different directors.

I immediately started disliking the Harry Potter movies when they did the one with the time-shifts of the whomping willow
>>
>>67627325
GoT has really dropped in quality though recently
>>
>>67627394
Season 5 was a festering pile of shit. It's a shame if season 6 will continue being shit.
>>
>>67625615

LOTR got worse as the films went on. The reddit tier sequences in Return--
>comparing kills with gimli
>gimli is comic relief and nothing else
>elephant surfing
>shield surfing
--and that bullshit really cemented in my mind that Peter Jackson was declining into what became the Hobbit trilogy. Christopher Tolkien is based as FUCK, and he's always been right.

Hollywood and Jackson took a LITERARY achievement and turned it into action movies.

That said, LOTR's soundtrack is fucking god tier. And although they're trash action fantasy films on the whole, there are moments in each which are true to the literary spirit of JRR's achievement. So that's good. I don't think an adaptation will ever come along that wont be forced to fall prey to these things though, as making a film that/this large requires infinitely more money to do than it took JRR to write the book. One auteur can't make a series that large on film. One auteur can write the books.

Also, also--this >>67626513
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 970x1180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 970x1180
>>67627284
Eat dicks. The 6th one was the best one.
>>
>>67627394
>what is hardhome
>what is s5e10

if you've only seen bad pussy and barry's death then yeah it declined./
>>
Reminder that Sean Astin's mum just died.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.