[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 800x1185
Is it worth watching?
>>
Yeah
>>
Yeah it's pretty good
>>
The worst movie ever made.
>>
Its worse than Duhjano Unchained
>>
It's better than Django Unchained
>>
Literally every single character you see on screen dies by the end.
>>
>>67615818
Honestly... I feel asleep in the middle and woke up to find more stuff happening BUT didn't want to know what I missed.
>>
don't expect violence, expect murder mystery with a lingering pace. My fav tarantino movie though.
>>
It's his best film in years I dare say I'd put in my top three with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown
>>
>>67615947
You fucking fag ass bitch
>>
The most indulgent QT film by far. The 65mm looks garbage. Shooting primarily in a dimly-lit cabin with a camera system with stupidly thin depth of field is a bad idea. All of the shots in the film are blurry as hell.

There's overlong bits and way too many shots where you can tell QT was trying to emulate slower and more tense filmmakers like Morricone but completely misses the mark. There are some admittedly quite funny bits but there's honestly nothing here that hasn't been done better in his other films.

He's running out of new ideas. He was relying on two conceits to make this film good: Having a claustrophobic setting with violent people (hoping the movie would write itself) and the bad decision of using 65mm. What happened to the QT that did purposefully surreal and cinematic movies? When will he make a film again where a dance off is made into cinematic magic? He's losing his touch.
>>
>>67616103
Shame the reveal of the killer immediately comes about 5 minutes after they kill someone. Such a GOAT set-up pissed away by Hackintino once again. The next hour of the movie should've been everyone scared as fuck with the killer waiting for the next opportunity to strike. As the bodycount increases the tension and paranoia would become unbearable. Would've been such a great experience. Instead nope, the killer strikes once and then is immediately discovered.
>>
>>67616186
more like he lost Sally Menke
>>
>>67615818
I just watched it last night for the first time, I loved it! It's fun as hell.
>>
>>67616309
Nah, he was gonna make it three hours+ with all the dipshit long shots and pauses
>>
>>67616186
>filmmakers like Morricone

You dumbass
>>
>>67615818
Whatever he wanted to achieve with this movie he already did it better with the cellar/bar scene in Inglorious Basterds
>>
>>67615818
it takes an hour and a half to get good, after jackson's several minute speech of "he sucked my nigger cock"
>>
>>67615818
its a tarantino flick. if you've ever seen a tarantino flick before its exactly the same.
>>
>>67616605
I thought I'd cringe at that part but it was pretty funny
>>
>>67616186
True patrician analysis.
>>
it's way too long and tries too hard to be a "film"

tarantinos worst easily, what a fucking hack
>>
Well I didn't rent it tonight mostly thanks to the fag that spoiled it
>>
>>67617809
Why are you in this thread if you haven't seen it yet?
>>
>>67617894
Maybe because I literally asked if it was worth watching?
>>
>>67617964
Nigga, just watch the fucking movie. You don't need /tv/'s permission to watch it. Are you really going to sit there and tell me you don't want to risk wasting 2 hours on a bad movie when this thread's been up for over an hour?

Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>67618059
I'm not watching it now because of the nigger cucking the white man
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.