[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
movie of the year so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: 10-cloverfield-lane-image-1.jpg (422 KB, 1440x599) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane-image-1.jpg
422 KB, 1440x599
movie of the year

so far
>>
Hail Caesar?
>>
>>67612334
pls
>>
>>67612304
i was a bit upset at the contents of the barrel. i only saw a shitty camrip, so i don't even know what the cloverfield aliens look like, though.
>>
>>67612436

>Watching CAMs
>>
>>67612599
my wife doesn't want to see it (she's from a Marvel .family), and my theater has a no-singles policy. what are my other options? Her kids aren't old enough for it yet.
>>
>>67612673
>her kids
>>
>>67612736
well, maybe i can sneak them in. she's going on a 4 week yoga retreat in Las Vegas with her ex-boyfriend, so I offered to take care of the little ones.
>>
>>67612304
i actually started laughing hysterically when it ended. ending was unbearably ridiculous
>>
i agree
>>
>>67612823
What was wrong with it seemed pretty good to me senpai.
>>
That's not Zootopia
>>
That's not knight of cups
>>
>>67612870
Complete tone shift. It went from a claustrophobic thriller to MEW jumping onto the hood of an ascending car to fling a lit molotov cocktail into a giant alien mothership vagina while still having time to quip to the camera "You gotta be kidding me!"
>>
>>67612823
>>67612870
The fact that some people can't see how shitty the ending was really shows the current state of /tv/.
>>
>make good movie
>surprise twist ending is that it's actually shit

B R A V O
J J
>>
>>67613187
The original ending would've been so much better.

>In the original script, Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to "protect" her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to "be careful." Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next; only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct. The final line in the script is, "She slowly pulls down the mask on the hazmat suit before taking a breath.
>>
>>67613164
>being one year late
>>
>>67613419
Damn, that would've been great.
>>
>>67612870
>>67613184
Not really a tone shift more like story progression. There was a reason they where in the bunker, and we she escaped she had to deal with that reason. It's like you completly forgot the the movie had the word Cloverfield in it. It is like you never saw Cloverfield, its like you didn't put one and one two together to guess that there where going to be ayys in the movie. Is this the current state of /tv/ where people watch movies then complain when they got what they expected...
oh wait it is.
>>
>>67612673
Jus go along anon like I do

I'll be with you in spirit

>>67613184
>>67613187
I was shitting myself during the ending. I really enjoyed. However it was a little too perfect how she escaped unscathed. She didn't need to die, that would be pointless, but she should have been too shook up to declare war on the aliens

>fuck yeah houston!
yeah no
>>
>>67613419
what the fuck

why didn't this happen

did Abrams have a nervous breakdown and think he was still working on Star Wars
>>
>>67612673
Why is a no singles policy a good idea?
>>
>>67613560
go alone*
>>
>>67613602
They don't want creepy pedos like you sitting next to kids and diddling them
>>
That's not The VVitch
>>
>>67613552
Yeah, remember Clovetfield's ending where there was that epic fight with the big monster and he threw a Molotov in its mouth after quipping to the camera? Me neither. If this had ended as Michelle saw the airship, it would've suited Cloverfield.
>>
The ending saw ok but i thought she got off too unscathed if that makes sense.
Have her dislocate her arm as she falls or smack her head on the dash of the car.
Felt a little bit too action movie-ish if that makes sense
>>
>>67613631
America is weird. Does my body pillow count as two?
>>
>>67613419
God dammit that would have been perfect. I knew the original ending had to be good, or at least much better than the shit we got. Thanks for sharing man.
>>
>>67612304
Zootopia is movie of the year so far. And it's not even close.
>>
>>67613633
Good taste.
>>67613749
Exactly this. The shitty ending couldn't even match the tone of the original Cloverfield, let alone the rest of the fucking movie.
>If this had ended as Michelle saw the airship
Also thought this was where it was going to end, and I would have been okay with that.
>>
>>67613749
No but a remember a big alien monster with guys shooting big explosives at it.....aka fighting the alien....
>>
It would be if the Witch hadn't already come out.
>>
Crap ending aside, is this film worth watching?
I got a cinema pass and might hit it up.
Just watched Midnight Special. Pretty good movie, though Zootropolis is my favourite this year, followed by Kung Fu Panda 3 (which I feel perfectly wraps up the trilogy)
>>
What about High Rise?
>>
>>67614034
Yeah, it's definitely worth watching. Goodman is fantastic in it.
>>
>>67612673
Made my wife see it, she really liked it. It was weird, she's the spitting image of MEW as well.
>>
>>67614034
Definitely.
>>
>>67613419
Better ending but it was the "ultra low budget" ending. I think we could have had the best of both worlds with the big budget alien confrontation.

The last moments were really just a silly obvious segue for a big budget sequel
>>
>>67614124
>>67614239
OK then I'll make sure to catch it later this week.
This year looks like a good year for an unlimited movie pass.
I'll probably watch it after Eddie the Eagle, and Batman V Superman.
>>
>>67613902
not all of us are furries tho
>>
>>67614318
>unlimited movie pass

Kinda jealous tbqh familio
>>
>>67612304
MEW needs to get Blacked STAT
>>
>>67613902
So far, I'm gonna have to say this.
>>
>>67614246
They could've had her finding some crazy alien ecosystem taking root. Or done a Cloverfield-style run away from the scary never fully in focus monsters until one pants-shitting end shot. Or... fuck, just about anything would've been better than what we got.
>>
>>67612304
This was a triumph...
>>
File: dg5fgo.jpg (104 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
dg5fgo.jpg
104 KB, 500x667
I thought it was pretty good. Always wondered how Dan Schneider cast his shows.
>>
>>67614444
Odeon manned up and introduced limitless for ÂŁ18 a month.
Since moves are usually pretty fucking expensive to see in the UK, watching two moves a month makes it pay for itself.
I can literally go watch any 2D movie right now by flashing my pass and walking in or booking a seat online (For 3D movies and upgrades like IMAX you have to pay a few quid to get in per movie)
I walked 4 miles tonight, and watched their screen unseen (midnight special) after work.
And I'm going to try to watch every film that comes out. Excluding shit like Ghostbusters 3 and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Nobody wants to watch that shit.
>>
File: 1449793842396.png (441 KB, 680x468) Image search: [Google]
1449793842396.png
441 KB, 680x468
>>67614729
>>
>>67612304
was this set in the half life universe? that was definitely a fucking combine ship toward the end
>>
File: 1438714620259.jpg (172 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1438714620259.jpg
172 KB, 800x800
>>67613902
Just be happy for the undoubted Oscar for best animated movie.

>mwf deep down you know 10 Cloverfield Lane will not be nominated to anything
>>
>>67614552
I'm making a note here
Hugely shit ending
>>
File: Gunshipbelly.jpg (128 KB, 850x681) Image search: [Google]
Gunshipbelly.jpg
128 KB, 850x681
>>67614791
You tell me...
>>
>>67614864
Don't worry anon, maybe there'll be a new award for Best Fuckup
>>
>>67614919
Oh, Come on!
>>
>>67614909
ye
>>
>>67613407
JJ is trully a muppet
>>
>>67614791
The real question: Is CLOVERFIELD tie to he half life universe in any way?

Answer: No and Why?
>>
>>67612792

Nothing sadder than bait that no one bites into. Here's a pity (You)
>>
>>67614729
Fuck Vue Cinemas for not offering this
>>
>>67615590
Odeon are only doing it because Cineworld have been doing it already for a while.
If I had a Cineworld in my town I'd go there instead. They are on the up and up. Better prices and deals, nicer layout and food options. And their tech is superb. Watching Deadpool in 4DX was so damn cool.
The one in Milton Keynes has a Hollywood Bowl right next to it. So there's arcade games and bowling to kill time with.
They just seem like a step ahead at the moment.
>>
"The 10 Cloverfield Lane backlash is missing the point"

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/17/11255744/10-cloverfield-lane-movie-ending-backlash
>>
Fuck all you shills saying ooh you don't get the ending it's in the Cloverfield spirit!

This wasn't meant to be a Cloverfield movie, kike Abrams tacked it on at the end to help the box office. The original ending is far, far superior.

>survives a direct spraying of the gas because she has a coke bottle on her face

Christ almighty..
>>
>>67614346
>He thinks you have to be a furfag to enjoy Zootopia

It helps, but not really needed.
>>
File: FnP.jpg (29 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
FnP.jpg
29 KB, 499x499
>>67617230
>It helps, but not really needed
>>
>>67612304
>muh waifu is in it
>movie of the year
>>
>Mfw my girlfriend looks like mew from Scott Pilgrim
>Mfw her nickname is mew
>Mfw it catched on

10 Cloverfield is going to be the best movie this year btw.
>>
>>67612792
How original and witty.
I hate you so fucking much.
>>
>>67612792
Only a newfag from Reddit could think this was funny or baiting, even behind the 800 layers of irony you'll no doubt claim it's hidden behind.
>>
So if this is going to be a franchise, what's the next one going to be called?
>>
>MUH HALF-LIFE
>MUH GOD PARTICLE
>MUH ANTHOLOGY
>MUH MONIES
Fuck off shills, Cloverfield sequel or nothing.
>>
>>67612334
Boring as fuck
>>
movie was awesome, felt like everything was happening so fast though
>>
>>67619152
Apparently it is to become an anthology. Kind of a cool idea. Every once in a while a mystery movie is released with cloverfield being in the title sonewhere.
>>
>>67617298
Yes it helps if you are.......just sayian.
>>
>>67620174
Kind of stupid, the only reason this is good is because of a published screenplay that was bought by the film studio with the Cloverfield brand tacked onto it

And as we've established the alien bit on the end is the worst part about it, obviously with marketing in mind, obviously ripping off Half Life or something
>>
>>67613419
I wish it ended right when she heard birds chirping and went to take off her mask. Should have ended mid mask taking off. Perfect ending
>>
>>67617367
if you get that qt hairstyle you can be my waifu too
>>
>>67613749
Well the point of Michelle is that she ran away from her problems. Now, she fought Howard and the big alien monster out of necessity, but she went to Houston to show that she isn't running away anymore. They should have just cut out the big monster completely, then cut to her listening to the radio and deciding to drive to Houston, where they show the ship with the lightning.
>>
>>67620470
MEW is cute, and I normally like girls with longer hair, but something about her with this hair is just the best. It makes me want to get cozy with her, play board games, watch movies, and then fuck.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.