[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie will become a classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: iv.jpg (9 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
iv.jpg
9 KB, 184x273
This movie will become a classic
>>
why? because big lebowski was?

the plot is too complicated and plebs don't realize that was the point
>>
>>67610179
What's the point then?
>>
I love it cause it's so comfy and the two and half hours fly by. Can understand it not being someone cup of tea though.
>>
>>67610279
that the plot was so complicated you weren't supposed to follow it
>>
>>67610315
Why bother making this film then?
>>
>>67610179
Idk if it actually will I just watched it for the first time recently and loved it. It should be though
>>
>>67610279
the point is you're not supposed to be able to tell where conspiracy begins and doc being a paranoid dirty little hippy ends
>>
>>67610350
because its a funny and enjoyable movie that throws you off. Not everything needs a "point"
>>
>>67610350
to entertain people

moron
>>
>>67610409
>>67610413
listen to yourselves. absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>67610315
It's not even that complicated, just requires you to pay attention. The scene where Doc is being interrogated by the FBI goons basically explains the plot of the movie.

What are people confused about?
>>
>>67610409
and the pleb award goes to (you)
>>
>>67610544
pls explain
>>
>>67610579
no
>>
>>67610125
Idk, it was pretty muddled senpaichi
>>
>>67610458
>What are people confused about?
This is what confuses me. Makes me wonder if I get it or if I'm just fooling myself into thinking I get it.
>>
>>67610455
> Anderson loved the study of cinema. In a 1995 interview he was asked, "And cinema is done to be entertaining?" to which he replied emphatically, "Absolutely. My God, to watch movies without joy is stupid".
>>
I thought the point was to show someone caught up in circumstances far beyond his control and comprehension, facing a leviathan of bureaucracy and crime. Just the feeling of being an individual who wants to do good, and is informed enough to see how fucked up everything is, but unable to do anything about it is something I really relate to. Also his relationship with shasta really captures the mystery and melancholy of romance, I fucking loved it. That neil young flashback sequence made me cry, absolutely gorgeous. I'm rambling but so is this movie, its an amorphous unwieldy piece of filmmaking, and I love it for that.
>>
No cause it has no plot and was way to convoluted for any enjoyment
>>
File: pta telling us something.webm (2 MB, 720x336) Image search: [Google]
pta telling us something.webm
2 MB, 720x336
>>67611583
>I watch it for the plot
>>
>>67611682
BIG
>>
>>67611526
youre so cool dude what's your tumblr?
>>
>>67611170
Whenever I see the Incoherent Vice meme, I always ask people what they didn't understand about it. No one ever answers so I figure they're too lazy to actually understand the plot.
>>
>>67610125
True. One of the most outstanding films of the past 15 years and easily his best in spite of minor flaws. Plebs can't see it though.
>>
>>67610350
Stay. Fucking. Pleb.
>>
>>67611772
sent ;)
>>
>>67610350
It's a stylistic choice, you absolute fucking nigger.

You're seeing things through Doc's eyes, a stoner's eyes, so things are gonna be really muddled, told out of order, it's difficult to keep shit in your head. You're really just bouncing from character to character, location to location.

You can see this in Big Lebowski and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas as well.
>>
>>67611526
You get it, in a way.

I feel ya on the whole melancholy romance thing. It's sort of like meeting up with an old gf that you loved intensely but things just didn't work out, so every time you see her it just feels sorta lonely, like nothing can replicate the past.
>>
>bump
>>
>>67612447
Oooooooooh, I get it now

Ill have to watch it high now for a double effect. Sheeeeit.
>>
There is actually a plot to this movie which unravels itself for the most part without Doc's help.

Everything mentioned makes sense, everything fits together.

Other people have explained the whole plot before, so I'm not going to go into detail.

But yes, you're meant to be as confused as hippy detective phoenix.
>>
>>67611772
Yea we should all just post memes instead of saying meaningful shit, but you know that cuz you're a big guy my invincible son
>>
Movie stunk. "You weren't supposed to understand it" is "I was only pretending to be retarded" tier.
>>
The problem with the detective narrative is that the plot momentum revolves around a character going to a place and learning something then going to another place to learn something else
>>
>>67617818
Do you get off to pretending to be a drooling retard? Do you get your little kicks out of taking a fat shit into the comment field and setting it on fire after you hit post?
>>
File: Belladonna.jpg (40 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Belladonna.jpg
40 KB, 533x800
>>67610125
Glad i watched the movie, forgot this babe existed.
>>
>>67618447
It's so weird that she wasn't even the sexiest part.

That goes to Katherine Waterston getting spanked and fucked. Hot damn that was good
>>
you're meant to feel this movie, rather than understand it
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.