[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its's been too long since the last comfy lotr thread Finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26
File: evd.png (325 KB, 625x390) Image search: [Google]
evd.png
325 KB, 625x390
Its's been too long since the last comfy lotr thread

Finally got my blu ray player today. time for a marathon
>>
File: lotr1_aIgK3z2.jpg (316 KB, 682x1364) Image search: [Google]
lotr1_aIgK3z2.jpg
316 KB, 682x1364
enjoy
>>
>>67609963
>"You shall not pass!"
>that foreshadowing
>>
>>67608892
there will never be a greater fantasy film series. the source material + the way it was adapted is too perfect. it won't be repeated.
>>
>bluray
Enjoy your blue snow.
>>
>>67608892
Thinking a Lotr thread will have any traction while a capeshit flick is still hot
>>
>bought the extended edition on DVD before blu-ray was a thing
>now it's all I want
>if I buy it, I will have three copies of the LotR films
>>
>>67612357
Well yeah... It's a trilogy
>>
>>67612413
I laughed pretty hard at this. I meant I'll have three sets of the box sets i.e. 9 individual LotR films.
>>
File: boromi3.jpg (14 KB, 280x218) Image search: [Google]
boromi3.jpg
14 KB, 280x218
>tfw Boromir is your fav character
>everybody judges you negatively when you mention it

he had one lapse of desparation, which was understandable and human rather than some perfect plot armor boringass Aragon. He was a hero. Nobody will understand, they will just listen to you and think you are a person with bad morals
>>
>>67613051
He's my favourite too.

>I would have followed you, my brother
>My captain
>My king
>>
>>67613051
yeah I loved how he tried to redeem himself by protecting memey and memein
>>
>>67613051
People started retroactively loving him after Game of Thrones season 1
>>
>>67613279
Are we really doing this?
>>
Boromir is literally the only one thay spoke up in the council of Elrond. The rest just sat there silently staring at eachother without an idea. Even without intimate knowledge of the ring Boromir is willing to take the reigns and lead the resistance. Aragorn just sits and waits for others to perform
>>
File: Gimli.png (409 KB, 919x528) Image search: [Google]
Gimli.png
409 KB, 919x528
>>67613544
>>
>>67613515
Keep your forked tongue behind your memes
>>
Shit's been sitting on my backlog for so long now, last time i watched this i must've been like 9yo or something and that wasn't even the extended edition heh
>>
File: Rz75uso.jpg (31 KB, 552x475) Image search: [Google]
Rz75uso.jpg
31 KB, 552x475
>>67613889
>>
>>67613051
>>67613247
Always been my favorite character as well.
>>
>>67613991
That being said, let's not deny that Gandalf and the Balrog was a fucking highlight
>>
File: 1404959823933.jpg (123 KB, 1078x1084) Image search: [Google]
1404959823933.jpg
123 KB, 1078x1084
>>67613973
kek'd
>>
>>67614049
I always loved the mines moria. The slow progression of suspense the whole time they're traveling through the mine with the music and the introduction of gollum. Then pipin just shits the bed and everything goes downhill for the fellowship from there.
>>
We will never see Boromir carry the ring to Minas Tirith, using its power to inspire the Gondor army and Rohan peasants. Drive back mordor scum and throw the ring in mount doom. Proving the Gondor house of stewards have become superior to the fading Numenor rats
>>
>>67614281
The sense of dread was pretty fucking fantastic too. Need to apologise for droning on about the Balrog but I love how it was set up early on:

Saruman's V.O. "You fear to go into those mines... shadow and flame"
>>
>>67614398
>there's shit down there that makes Sauron piss his pants
>>
>>67608892
Why is it called the two towers? What is the two towers, helms deep and isengard?
>>
>>67608892
Christmas is over.
This is no time for comfy threads!
>>
>>67615321
No you fucking retard *sigh* jesus
>>
>>67613247
The tears flow freely at this scene
>>
>>67610281
Read "The Rangers Apprentice"
>>
>comfy
oh fuck off to reddit, normie
>>
>>67608892
Lord of the Rings is so freaking comfy I need these in blu Ray.
>>
>>67615321
Supposed to be the alliance between Isengard and Mordor. So Orthanc and Bara Dur. Saruman gets it shoehorned in there as well during his voice over at the start of Towers.
>>
>>67615321
Orthanc and Barad-Dûr.
Actually, the title doesn't make much sense or rather doesn't have that much weight in the adaptation because in the movie, Gandalf already knows that Saruman communicates with Sauron via the Palantír, whereas in the books, Gandalf only learns that when Wormtongue throws the Palantír from the balcony in order to hit somebody with it.
>>
>>67615537
>The Rangers Apprentice
never heard of it, after some brief googling it looks like generic YA bullshit. this is the best thing you can come up with to compete with LOTR? kinda lame. at least say Wheel of Time or Dark Tower
>>
>>67614281
>>67614398
>The slowpaced creepiness/sense of dread
They adapted the books so goddamn well
>>
File: comfy froge.gif (342 KB, 666x386) Image search: [Google]
comfy froge.gif
342 KB, 666x386
>>67615545
No.
>>
File: Boromir.jpg (24 KB, 576x304) Image search: [Google]
Boromir.jpg
24 KB, 576x304
>>67613247
>>67615479

Everytime, when he takes that second arrow, and then gets back up. Everytime its a cascade of manly tears.

He died thinking that he failed Merry and Pippin, Faramir, his father, and his people.
>>
>>67615606
Only the Fellowship is aptly named I think, although Return of the King isn't awful.

Treason of Isengsrd is a much better title, but War of the Ring is ass. It makes me wonder if a 4-movie adaption paced like the History of Middle-earth books could work.
>>
>>67613544
>What about a catapult?
-t. boromir
>>
>>67615713
Why was Denathor such a shitty parent? He probably had to push and push Boromir his entire life and he probably felt like a failure. We don't even need to mention Faramir.
>>
>>67613544
"Adaptation Distillation" to use a tvtropes term.
>>
>>67613051
only children don't like boromir, because admittedly when i was younger, i hated him. Now that i'm older, its easy to see how much depth boromir had to him and how relatable his story arc is, compared to muh flipping elf or muh super king
>>
>>67615321
>The Lord of the Rings is composed of 6 "books", aside from an introduction, a prologue and 6 appendices. The novel was originally published as 3 separate volumes due to post-World War II paper shortages and size and price considerations.[2] The Two Towers covers Books III and IV.

>Tolkien wrote, "The Two Towers gets as near as possible to finding a title to cover the widely divergent Books 3 & 4; and can be left ambiguous."[3] At this stage he planned to title the individual books. The proposed title for Book III was The Treason of Isengard. Book IV was titled The Journey of the Ringbearers or The Ring Goes East. The titles The Treason of Isengard and The Ring Goes East were used in the Millennium edition.

>In letters to Rayner Unwin Tolkien considered naming the two as Orthanc and Barad-dûr, Minas Tirith and Barad-dûr, or Orthanc and the Tower of Cirith Ungol.[3][4] However, a month later he wrote a note published at the end of The Fellowship of the Ring and later drew a cover illustration, both of which identified the pair as Minas Morgul and Orthanc.[5][6] In the illustration, Orthanc is shown as a black tower, three-horned, with the sign of the White Hand beside it; Minas Morgul is a white tower, with a thin waning moon above it, in reference to its original name, Minas Ithil, the Tower of the Rising Moon. Between the two towers a Nazgûl flies.
>>
File: 1453504739632.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453504739632.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>my friends

>you bow to no one
>>
File: 1439377651169.jpg (20 KB, 317x315) Image search: [Google]
1439377651169.jpg
20 KB, 317x315
>>67615690
>that wish list
>>
>>67615537
>read

fuck off fag
>>
>>67615690
>>67616200
>kill all normies
Nice.
>>
File: lol.jpg (63 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
63 KB, 722x349
>even a lotr thread cant get traction in this capeshit storm
god help this board
>>
>>67615757
I never liked Fellowship's title because it uses the word Ring twice.
>>
>>67616190
The title definitely works better when referring to the Orthanc/Barad-dur alliance
>>
>>67613051
He always has been the best character in my opinion, well written and well acted.
>>
>>67608892
The first is pretty good. The second two are pretty good for laughs I guess.
>>
On the blu Ray is there an option to watch it with every deleted scene inserted into the film? Or are the deleted scenes kind of worse quality so it wouldn't work?
>>
>>67618063
I agree

Fellowship is fucking divine

second and third are great action fantasies but lack most of the substance

>dat horror-film-esque first act
>>
>>67617965
Honestly it doesn't matter. The book is called "The Lord of the Rings." It has six volumes withh pretty irrelevant subtitles.
>>
>>67613051
All characters lapse. It's not well explained or shown in the movies, but the only character who never falters in morals is Gandalf, but even he makes falters in judgement from time to time.

Tolkien said in one of his letters that the story isn't about good vs evil, but about power and how it corrupts those who want it. Sauron was corrupted by his will to improve the world, Saruman was corrupted just the same, Boromir was corrupted by his willingness to save his country. Even Frodo was tempted in the end and failed his quest, the Ring only being destroyed by accident.
>>
Remember when we got a second trilogy set in middle earth and it was garbo?
>>
File: Oliphaunts_on_the_Pelennor.jpg (27 KB, 480x202) Image search: [Google]
Oliphaunts_on_the_Pelennor.jpg
27 KB, 480x202
>The Rohirrims charging in the Return of the King, goosebumps everywhere
>Finally things are getting better
>Pic related happened
>Haradrim's horn sound and war chant.mp3

Gets me everytime.
>>
>>67608892
The music is my favorite part, spot on through the whole movie.
>>
File: The Hobbit IMAX 3D.webm (3 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
The Hobbit IMAX 3D.webm
3 MB, 889x500
>>67618361
>>
>>67618417
Pellenor fields is done pretty well but I will never forgive Jackson for leaving out Eomer's "Deaaaath" charge. It's like he deliberately left out one of the coolest and most important moments in the book, fucking hack.
>>
>>67613051
Just watched Fellowship again and realized how great of a character Boromir is. His redemption at the end really got me.

I think the reason people hate him is that his backstory and motivations aren't well explained and he just comes across as a greedy dick.

What I still don't get in general is what attracts people to the power of the ring. Isn't it hit over our heads that the only person who can really use it is Sauron? Am i misunderstanding something here?
>>
File: PSH boogie nights.gif (3 MB, 512x206) Image search: [Google]
PSH boogie nights.gif
3 MB, 512x206
>>67618304
>someone showing up in a LOTR thread who actually read and understood the books

what are you doing, get out of here.
>>
>>67609963
Sieg heil?
>>
>>67618361
Oh dear... Yes, Beorn's HALO jump was just too much... just like everything else in this movie...
>>
>>67618513
What? They actually made a Sega Dreamcast game for it?
>>
>>67618304

Then why are the orcs just unambiguously evil monsters?
>>
>>67619861
That's not even true. For example at the end of "The Two Towers" there's a passage where Sam overhears some orcs talking and it's pretty much made clear that they're driven by fear and would much rather just do something else instead of fighting.
>>
>>67618513

new roller coaster tycoon is looking pretty good
>>
File: LOTR Balrog reveal.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
LOTR Balrog reveal.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>Nearly 15 years later.
>STILL looks great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak

The Balrog was a work of art.

Everything about the films was amazing really. The score, the acting, the cast itself, the set pieces, the cinematography, all of it. Sure there were a few hiccups here and there, but overall it's fucking amazing that all three movies turned out as good as they did.

Also, the ending to ROTK is severely underrated. I think the only reason it got panned at first was because people didn't want to get up and leave to take a piss in the theaters. Watching it at home, it's a great way to conclude the trilogy, and a nice wind down and general return the the atmosphere from the beginning of Fellowship.
>>
>>67620263
yeah, you can't end 11 and a half hours of pure plot and characterization in a few minutes, shit needed time to fade out.
>>
>tfw you'll never see the dark primitive forests of Beleriand on screen
>>
>>67619861
Tolkien never could decide. Orcs weren't created by Morgoth anyway, because only Eru could create life, but he also came to decide that Orcs weren't corrupted Elves or in any way related to Elves. The most likely scenario was that they were a completely different species, but if so he could not come up with a convincing justification for why they were all evil.

Eventually it was said by him that he decided to let the question go unanswered because it didn't interest him enough and would most likely just get in the way of the story.
>>
For anyone who wants to see a scene which should have never been cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc
>>
>>67622243

100% of Boromir/Faramir scenes should have stayed to be frank. Their characters benefit so much from the extended editions it's ridiculous,
>>
>>67619777
It's pre vis. Remember that LotR did the same shit, it doesn't mean anything it's just the first layer of CGI
>>
Time to marathon LotR with buddies again sometime soon.
>>
>>67618304
Its ironic that you'd think his pure goodness and OP would make him dull, but Gandalf is one of the most well written LotR characters.

Gollum, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, and Boromir make up Tolkien's best character work.
>>
File: 1445025030408.jpg (78 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1445025030408.jpg
78 KB, 800x900
>>67623251
>tfw no buddies to marathon LOTR with
>>
Aww shit nigga this is just the thread I wanted to see.

I got FOTR on audiobook earlier today, now at least I have something cozy and good to listen to on my way to and from my cuckjob.
>>
>>67620263
It makes sense to end a 10 hour trilogy with a half hour denouement. I think the actual problem is it has the most appalling editing in the series, full of fades to black and slow motion making it feel comically overlong
>>
>>67623599
>full of fades to black
Pretty much, you'd think that the credits are going to start to roll after the fellowship's reunion, after "you bow to no one" and after grey havens but they don't
>>
>I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
>...
>So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide...
>>
Just watched the fellowship this morning. So good. I cant even watch the theatrical versions anymore. Extended or nothing.
>>
I've never watched LOTR. Should I watch them tomorrow? Are there directors cuts or something?
>>
>>67624255
>should i watch them

nah bro, its only the most defining trilogy of fantasy brought to live in the last 30 years or so

watch extended versions
>>
Serious question: when do you guys think the book will be re-adapted (or the movies remade, if you prefer). You know that it will happen, sooner or later...
>>
I have never seen the movies, only bits of them when they aired on Cable.

Are they worth a watch? How comfy/chill are they?
>>
>>67625469
It's the best movie trilogy of all time so yeah, they are more than worth a watch.

>>67625357
In a decade or so.
>>
>>67625469

Yes they're worth the watch and you should practically watch them back-to-back-to-back. Be sure to blast the audio too for that Howard Shore score
>>
>>67618677
>What I still don't get in general is what attracts people to the power of the ring
The Ring is power taken physical form, and Tolkien was a strong believer in the idea that no man could hold power without being corrupted by it; especially not someone who wishes to have it. Boromir wishes for the power to save his kingdom, and the Ring tempts with promises of fulfilling his wishes. Essentially
>Boromir wants power
>The Ring is power
>Boromir wants the Ring

It should also be noted that even though the Ring is bent to Sauron's will it would still be possible for someone of immensly strong will, such as Gandalf, to take the Ring and use its might to destroy Sauron, and thereby claim the Ring as his own. Even so, it would be he that were made a servant of the Ring rather than the other way around. The Ring can ever be a tool for good, no matter how much it promises exactly that, but can only corrupt and destroy.
>>
>>67610453
better than green snow
>>
>>67614372
Calm down man. The Stewards of Gondor were glorified bench warmers. They weren't strong enough to control the ring.
>>
>>67615713
stop crying over movies faggot or dont admit it in public...fucking beta males this is probably the worst of times to be alive
>>
>>67614398

>A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.
>This foe is beyond any of you.

God damn I fucking love that whole sequence

>the music after gandalf yells run

https://youtu.be/Fd33nTCt8NQ?t=66

>swords are of no more use here
>>
>>67625469

dont subject yourself to shitty cable airings of masterpieces. They need to be watched without dumbass commercial interruptions and the books they're based paved the way for so many things
>>
>>67613051
Boromir and his gay brother are both fags
>>
>>67616196
Every time
>>
>>67629354
go home theodon
>>
So, guys, I need your opinion: I want to watch Fellowship with my niece/nephews and they range in age from 6-8. Is that too young to watch LotR? Not sure if the Nazgul will freak them out. That and all the decapitations that happen.
>>
>>67630960
That depends on their temperament.
My wife's daughter isn't bothered by the violence but would find the balrog to be a little scary.

Don't be surprised if they stop paying attention half way through though , it's a bit long for kids that young.
>>
>>67631218
Yeah, especially given I've got the extended edition.

I can't remember what age I was when I watched it for the first time. All I remember is that as soon as it was done, I rewinded the video and played it all over again.
>>
>>67630960
I saw it in theatres at around that age and thought it was the best thing ever.
>>
>>67626299
Ok I already knew he wanted it to protect Gondor, but the fact that other people besides Sauron could wield it was knew to me.

I guess what really confuses me is that the powers of the Ring seem pretty abstract (though I haven't read the books so maybe I just don't know the details). Like what exactly does it do besides control the Nazgul (who are the only lesser ring bearers to be influenced by it since the elves and dwarves who got rings weren't affected) and prolong age?

Is the Ring basically a Macguffin?
>>
>>67631517
I grabbed this from Reddit:

The main power of the One Ring is to give power over the minds of others, for example in the Two Towers when Frodo makes Gollum swear on the Ring, and threatens to use it to force him to commit suicide.
"In the last need, Sméagol, I should put on the Precious; and the Precious mastered you long ago. If I, wearing it, were to command you, you would obey, even if it were to leap from a precipice or to cast yourself into the fire. And such would be my command."
However the Ring only grants powers occurring to the users ability and strength (not the physical kind), very few people could master the ring and over throw Sauron. However if someone where too, they would place them selves on Sauron's throne and become a new Dark Lord.
Galadriel warns about this in the FOTR:
“And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”
This is what Sauron most feared, and is a big part of the story, as Aragorn pretends to have the Ring, to give Frodo and Sam a chance, and Saruman's plan was to claim the Ring for his own.
The Ring also like all of the Great Rings slows the effects of the passage of time.
Sauron used the ring to focus his power, and to control the Lesser Rings.
The full extent of the powers that Ring can provide is unknown as it depends on the strength of the user and also the Ring gives false visions of powers, most of which are false and impossible. For example Sam's vision to use the Ring to overthrow Sauron and turn Mordor into a garden in the ROTK, which of cause he could never have done.
>>
>>67627776
I bet you cry when your mum takes your nuggies away
>>
>>67631517
It is all rather abstract even in the books and most of the detailed descriptions of what it does comes from Tolkien's letters. What we do know is that it makes the bearer a part of both the physical and spiritual worlds - hence the invisibility - and that it enhances Sauron's power on Arda when he wears it. Other than that it mostly seems to promise a lot of things so people will put it on and bring it closer to Sauron.
>>
>>67618513
I will never not laugh at this
>>
>>67609963
>STOP, INVINCIBLE SON

capeshit has ruined one of my all time favorite shots :^(
>>
>>67624255
Extended Fellowship, Theatrical Towers and Return of the King. The latter films have some pretty crummy additional scenes added to them I find, especially RotK.
>>
Is there a Version of LOTR where you can pick the Extended Scenes you want to have in the movie?

Because the Extended Edition is like 70% pure Gold, 20% meh and 10% shit, and i really don`t want Scenes like gimli and legolas having a drinking game or gimli stepping on skulls ruin the trilogy
>>
File: LOTR dvd vs blu ray.png (1016 KB, 1424x562) Image search: [Google]
LOTR dvd vs blu ray.png
1016 KB, 1424x562
>not owning the extended DVD instead
>>
>>67610182
That wasn't foreshadowing
>>
>>67619946
I liked how it gave the orcs some character and showed that although they were pretty vile creatures, they could at least express some form of affection, like how they nicknamed Saruman 'Sharky'.
>>
>>67615862
He had a massive inferiority complex due to his line being stewards and not true kings. Faramir, though strong and noble was more bookish than his brother, who encapsulated all the qualities of an ideal ruler, and thus Denethor hated him and adored Boromir.
>>
>>67631868
Why did they do this. Is this some sort of trend in cinema to add filters over everything?
>>
>>67631965
muh gritty realism

Game of Thrones is the worst offender, every Setting seems to have a different shitty filter
>>
>>67615545
How new?
>>
>>67615537
I read like 10 of them before wanting to off myself. They wouldn't make great movies.
>>
>>67620263
>>STILL looks great.
Not really. It's composited in pretty poorly and the flame is stocky in places.

It's somehow still better than modern CGI, but Balrog is not the best example when you talk about how LotR aged well.
>>
>>67632171
What would you say is an example of well aged CGI from the films then?
>>
How did Fellowship only got 4 oscars and Two Towers only 2 miserable oscars? Seems like the oscars RotK won were really for the whole trilogy. Fellowship is a fucking masterpiece and lost Best Picture to a Beautiful Mind.
>>
>>67632171

>It's somehow still better than modern CGI

That's mostly what I'm talking about. A lot of the CGI in LOTR still looks pretty great even by modern standards. Not all, but a lot.

Of course, the more traditional practical effects still look the best. The cinematography in general is really quite stunning, not that it can exactly age.
>>
>>67632410

At the time of Fellowship, the Academy was kind of hesitant to give out so many awards to straight up fantasy movie. Two Towers was kind of a step down from Fellowship, so they had an excuse to give is less Oscars. They were really snobbish towards the genre at the time, for whatever reason.

I think that by the time ROTK came out, enough time had passed that they could see the righting on the wall. They were awarded for the whole trilogy though, pretty much everyone acknowledges that.
>>
>>67632523

>righting

Writing, fuck me.
>>
File: BilboGreen3_comp_DVD.jpg (606 KB, 1600x662) Image search: [Google]
BilboGreen3_comp_DVD.jpg
606 KB, 1600x662
>>67615579
"Fellowship" got "uncomfied" in the Blu-Ray release though, thanks to that ghastly green filter.
See, here's a screenshot from the (EE) DVD release...
>>
File: BilboGreen.jpg (286 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
BilboGreen.jpg
286 KB, 1920x800
>>67632678
...and here's the same shot as it appears in the BD version.
>>
>>67610281
The Malazan Book of the Fallen competes as a book series, but it would never work on film or television. Way too complex/dense to be adapted.
>>
>>67613051
He's my favorite too for many reasons, one of them being that he was insanely useful in the Third Age strategy game for GBA. I never would have made it without him
>>
>>67632708
oh lordy
>>
>>67631965
It's been a trend for 20 or so years.
>>
>>67632314
CGI never ages well.
>>
File: 1363015782773.png (205 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1363015782773.png
205 KB, 358x358
>>67608892
does /tv/ like summoning at all? it is the comfiest black metal known to man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaOhh1jSFUo

also op i have to say that i usually watch lotr during the fall / winter time.
>>
The planets and stars were basically aligned perfectly for the making of this trilogy. It was the will of the universe. There is no other feasible explanation.
>>
>>67632732
>The Malazan Book of the Fallen competes as a book series

Nigger, are you joking?

I read like 10 of those books a long time ago. Some of them are pretty good, I have to say, but after awhile it just devolves into powercreep and just completely random crap with no meaning.
>>
I will forever be salty about the fact that Boromir was the only one who got killed. Probably because he was my favorite too. It's actually the reason I don't like rewatching lotr - I hate seeing him die.
It should also have been Gandalf but hurr durr eagles and maybe one of the hobbits.
>>
>>67633071
I like

but

>black metal

Really senpai? It doesn't sound like metal to me
>>
>>67632678
>>67632708
>>67631868
auuuuugh!
That's just painful!
>>
>>67633268
>I will forever be salty about the fact that Boromir was the only one who got killed.
It always felt a bit off that nine people, half of which lived in such luxury that there were no police needed, trekked across a world filled with nature that was almost as dangerous as Austrailia's, yet only one of them died.

I wonder what parts of the film such as in Rohan and Minas Tirith would be like if he survived.
>>
Comfiest threads on /tv/

post thread theme songs and best waifus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMGRAvn_4S8

arwen will never give up immortality for you ;_;
>>
>>67633491
indeed
>>
>>67633726
the shire has police

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Watch
>>
Tfw Gandalf wont be there to tell you what happens after you die when youre on your deathbed.

( ._.)
( ;_;)
>>
File: 1420568418341.png (113 KB, 695x820) Image search: [Google]
1420568418341.png
113 KB, 695x820
>>67633277
yea, atmospheric black metal to be exact.

>>67633783
too many to list, but fuck me does this one give me the feels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ9NOV3KNpY
>>
>>67633268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoVBMqeNc6I

I love how they use a theme that will only become meaningful in the latter two movies, then you go back and watch Fellowship and know what the tune means while Boromir is talking.
>>
File: feels-bad-man.jpg (47 KB, 590x572) Image search: [Google]
feels-bad-man.jpg
47 KB, 590x572
How long until Salon writes an article about how lotrs lack of diversity is 'troubling' and depetics people of color as evil monsters?
>>
http://www.cracked.com/video_19452_6-reasons-lord-rings-racist.html
>watching lotr in the current year
Wow that is so problematic
>>
>>67634996
Why do those cunts have to make everything about race?
>>
>>67615713
Same. This scene gets me every time.
>>
>>67618361
The Tolkien Edit addresses most of the issues.
>>
>>67635046

Yeah, they should be more like us
>>
>>67634590
who the fuck cares what salon writes
>>
The whole beginning of the fellowship book up until they get to the prancing pony is very comfy. I wish there was more hobbit shenanigans in the shire/bree before all of the huge battles and goblin stuff.
>>
>>67624255
Watch it twice, marathon the extended editions and then watch the book cut.
>>
My problem with it is that you never really get a sense of the closeness and camaraderie of the fellowship, because we only get to see them together for about an hour or so, and there isn't that much interaction between the characters.

Scenes like the death of boromir, the breaking up of the fellowship, and the reunion of the fellowship at the end of rotk would have been more powerful if we got that sense.

I imagine in the books, there was a lot more interaction between the characters that was never shown in the movies.

That's why I stand by my belief that a miniseries adaption of the book would be better than the movies.

We would probably see something like that 10 or 20 years down the line
>>
>>67635651
Why don't you read the books?
>>
File: 26442642624.jpg (8 KB, 245x279) Image search: [Google]
26442642624.jpg
8 KB, 245x279
>>67636072

>reading
>>
>>67628697
>4:40 to the end

i cri evrytiem
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.