[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Deadwood >Six Feet Under >Twin Peaks >Ray Donovan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: tony-and-the-ducks.jpg (72 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
tony-and-the-ducks.jpg
72 KB, 658x370
>Deadwood
>Six Feet Under
>Twin Peaks
>Ray Donovan
>Billions

What should I watch next, /tv/? Are the last two even of comparable quality to the other 3? How good would you consider any of these shows compared to The Wire or The Sopranos? Something else entirely you'd like to suggest instead maybe? Pls help, it's hard to decide.
>>
Arrested Development
Its always good to watch a comedy show ever so often
>>
>>67605254
Already seen it I'm afraid.
>>
>>67605226

Watch justified
>>
>>67605226
Just finished the first season of Deadwood myself and it is the only thing I've seen that is comparable to The Sopranos in quality

can't yet vouch for season 2 or 3
>>
>>67605226
The shield
Southland
Breaking Bad
Rome
>>
Six Feet Under is easily better than The Wire and probably the only show that's comparable in overall quality and consistency to The Sopranos. The last four episodes are absolutely breathtaking. Season 3 and 4 start off a bit slow, though.
>>
>>67605226
Mad Men
or Twin Peaks
twin peaks is maximum comfy in the first season and Mad men is nice
Deadwood is kind of of overrated really, it gets really boring after a few episodes too
>>
>>67605226
>>67607317 is on the money. Deadwood is fantastic but out of the shows you've listed, SFU is also the most similar to Sopranos in terms of its spirituality. Death hangs over both of these shows like no others I've seen.

Mad Men is an absolute must-watch if you enjoyed The Sopranos. In ways, I think it actually surpasses it.
>>
>>67607317
>>67607587
was just typing a post saying SFU and Mad Men. Mad Men has a very similar feel to it compared to the sopranos. SFU, like one anon said, deals with death and spirituality a great deal.

The finale is absolutely soul crushing, transcendent television.

>you cant take a picture of this, it's already gone
>>
>>67607587
I consider myself a massive fan of Sopranos, by far and away the biggest out of the people I know personally. Seen some episodes as many as +50 times, easy. Watched it through start to finish +10 times, easy,

Mad Men is one of the only shows I'd consider to be on par with Sopranos. In some ways, I do feel it surpasses The Sopranos.
>>
>>67607365
Is this bait? I can't speak for Mad Men, but calling Deadwood overrated while vouching for Twin Peaks?

While I'll agree that Season 1 is classic, no amount of "comfyness" can redeem that second season. More than half of it is unwatchable filler.
>>
>>67607695
>more than half of it is unwatchable filler

and that's being modest as all fuck, tbqhwyf
>>
>>67607690
explain how mad men is even in the same league as the sopranos
>>
>>67605226
Ray Donovan is solid.
>>
>>67605226
The leftovers is the best currently airing show, so I suggest you start with that.
>>
>>67607787
What are you fucking blind? Have you not seen a single episode of either? I'm not even going to dignify that with a serious response.
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>67608005
sup carl
>>
>>67607917
>The Leftovers
>Damon Lindelof

not even fucking once. This is the same guy who unironically appears on The Talking Dead and shills that shit as the best show currently airing on tv.
>>
>>67608005
seen both actually, thought mad men was vastly inferior, especially with that dreadful sixth season and ending
>>
>>67607695
I dont know whats supposed to be so good about deadwood, I really dont see it, its writing is so clichee and transparent its hard to take it even seriously, the characters are literally arch typical good and bad with almost zero development
>>
six feet under is fucking shit, it's just an edgy soap opera
>>
>>67608044
What a nice, predictable, memerific response

>writing
>casting
>character development
>plot arcs
>set design
>attention to detail, be it news reports or magazines
>themes
>flawlessly and meticulously crafted

Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire are the only shows to have aired since The Sopranos, that are worthy of being compared to The Sopranos. While Boardwalk is considerable more watered down, Mad Men is most definitely in the same league as the Sopranos.
>>
>>67608103
I could say all the same about Twin Peaks
>>
>>67608188
You literally just listed things without explaining what any of it means. i'm starting to wonder if you genuinely enjoy these shows or are just parroting stuff other people on /tv/ say to feel better about yourself. Saying 'writing' on it's own means absolutely nothing you insufferable pseudo-intellectual loser. Also the wire is far and away a better show than mad men
>>
>>67608311
>so triggered

I shouldn't have to go into some autistic essay type response to convey my opinion. It's incredibly well written, as was Sopranos. The cast is amazing, strong from top to bottom, as was Sopranos. The character development is top tier, as is the story, which is largely fueled by said character development, again, much like Sopranos. See where I'm going here? If you could think for yourself, you could have probably seen what I meant. Care to elaborate and explain your own opinion, or you just going to sit all the way up there and continue to shit on mine? Fuck off ya insufferable edgelord cunt.

I never said anything about the Wire faggot, why so fucking defensive? It's one of the greatest shows ever, along with Sopranos.

Protip: Don't take the personal opinion of others so seriously, especially on an anonymous Mongolian cave drawing forum.
>>
Hmmm, The sopranos, Breaking Bad, I just finished shameless season one a couple hours ago. so far I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>67608167
So is The Sopranos. So is Oz.
>>
>>67608516
you're a fucking faggot, kys. Mad men is overrated fedora trash, literally style over substance, garbage characters, laughable plot that goes nowhere, don't waste my time with that rubbish. Anthony weiner is a hack
>>
File: 1437927706384.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437927706384.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>>67609375
>it's a "not enough explosions and shootouts and cliffhangers and one liners" post
>Anthony Weiner

And this guy probably expects me to take him seriously
>>
>>67609375
>you're a fucking faggot
>overrated fedora trash
>literally
>garbage
>laughable
>plot goes nowhere
>rubbish
>Anthony Weiner
>kys

literally take your own advice
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.