[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic le/433246/batman-v-super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: critic.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic

>Fanboys do not own the franchises of Batman and Superman movies, so director Zack Snyder went against the mob and dared to raise the genre to a level of adult sophistication in 2013’s Man of Steel, the most emotionally powerful superhero movie ever made. (Fanboys hated it.) Snyder’s sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice adds politics, bringing to the fantasy some contemporary, real-world concerns. This is not conventional comic-book allegory; rather, Snyder uses the figures of Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) walloping each other to give visible substance to social and moral issues, much as Greek tragedy does. He takes the wildest, Bizarro World fiction — of two superheroes turned super foes — and uses the premise to explicate our current dilemmas concerning power, principles, and divinity.
>In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture’s current decay. Man of Steel was a magnificent, hugely satisfying response to what’s often missing in pop culture, and Batman v Superman raises more ideas without (yet) resolving them. An attempt to invoke other superheroes from the DC Comics stable, starting with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot, accompanied by tribal drums that recall Snyder’s overawed feminist fantasia, Sucker Punch), ultimately goes unfulfilled. And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.
>Still, the equation of moral myth and contemporary political catastrophe marks an important advance. Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art, power and morality... With Batman v Superman, the battle for the soul of American culture is on.

MARVEL UTTERLY BTFO

THE ERA OF CAPEKINO BEGINS
>>
THE KING HAS SPOKEN
>>
File: 1459271975560.jpg (43 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459271975560.jpg
43 KB, 1600x900
>>67604322
He's right you know. Batman v Superman is extremely intelligent, people went in wanting a straight forward plot
pic: from the batman/superman fight
>>
TOASTIN EPIC BREAD XD
>>
>>67604322
http://www.out.com/armond-white/2016/3/24/sexiest-batman-and-superman-imaginable
>>
File: 4097037338786.jpg (27 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
4097037338786.jpg
27 KB, 298x279
HONORARY WHITE KING OF /tv/ HAS SPOKEN
CAPEKINO IS BACK TO DESTROY ALL REDDIT MARVEL KEKS
>>
>>67604322
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
File: 1431663913502.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1431663913502.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>67604382
>>67604322
>The King

This is the guy why said the BvS was about Batman and Superman being homosexual lovers. Real great "king" you have there. KEK

http://www.out.com/armond-white/2016/3/24/sexiest-batman-and-superman-imaginable
>>
>>67604443
is that a whale hyping for aquaman?
>>
>>67604322
>>67604535
Every word
Every line
Pure Kino
>>
>>67604322

Typical Armond going full contrarian. I like that he plays devil's advocate though because even though I haven't seen the movie, I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone is saying. People will read this and probably get angry, upset, outraged, and that's exactly how Armond likes it.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who gave a great review to Jack and Jill. He just lives for controversy.
>>
>>67604322
>And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.
I'd invite the "king" to watch Sucker Punch and type that shit again with a straight face. King of /tv? King of clickbait, more like.
>>
>>67604718
>Keep in mind this is the same guy who gave a great review to Jack and Jill. He just lives for controversy.
>PlebRedditCuckia and /r/movies said it was shit so it must be shit!!!!

It was an alright 7/10 popcorn flick. How about you form your own fucking opinions instead of letting your autistic friend simulators tell you what to think?
>>
>>67604933

>thinks 7/10 is average and not good

get the fuck out of here, imdpleb. it was a 5/10, stop projecting your bullshit on to me faggo.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.