[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck was this shit???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 800x1200
>>
any day now the contrarian memeposting will reach a point where there will be multiple threads defending Sucker Punch

but it is not this day
>>
>>67603096
Kino
>>
>>67603096
shit
>>
>>67603096

did you watch the kiddie friendly theatrical version, or the R rated Directors Cut?
>>
>>67603096
A film ahead of its time.
>>
>>67603096
Cinema
>>
>>67603096
Future cult classic.
>>
>>67603178
stop kidding yourself they both sucked
>>
Live action anime.
>>
>>67603096
A fevered day dreams of a lunatic being raped in an asylum and a commentary about how much Snyder hates his audience
>>
File: cs.png (363 KB, 1373x275) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
363 KB, 1373x275
>>67603096
>I make threads based on which film a youtube channel featured today
>>
>>67603209
this, if this shit was an anime /a/ would masturbate all day over muh waifu and 2deep4you circlejerk
>>
>>67603096

A kino a mindless pleb like you won't understand because his feeble mind can't grasp the revolutionary ideas of Zack Snyder the last true auteur of our generation?
>>
>>67603096
2deep4u pleb, if you don't understand this kino incarnate you should get back to plebbit.
>>
It's Snyders best movie. That's not saying much tho.
>>
>>67603096
A sucker punch to your face.
>>
the only snyder work worth any real study at all.

so far ahead of its time that it's fucking scary.

i want him to go back to bringing his own material instead of butchering source material. this movie explains A LOT about how he sees the world and why despite his love of certain things, he's fundamentally incapable of properly adapting anything. even though he did do a decent job with watchmen.

yes, he's a hack, and yes, he clearly doesn't have much going on in his head at times and comes off like someone who needs a handler at times in these interviews.. but if you let him work with his own ideas and that visual style and storytelling.. its.. interesting to watch.
>>
it confirms that Snyder is tone deaf when it comes to Music.

every cover verision in this was awful compared to the original song. the cover of "Love is the Drug" was actual ear rape
>>
>>67603521
fuck you, i liked the emily browning version of sweet dreams
>>
>>67603096
The movie which made me fully realize that Zack Snyder had no talent.
>>
>>67603521
I really liked Skunk Anansie's version of "Search and Destroy" but nothing touches the original.
>>
>>67603470
I absolutely loved the concept, which was why it was so soul-crushing when it turned out to be this weird, confusing, misogynistic mess that wasn't sure what it wanted to actually say.

It's also just incredibly depressing which doesn't help much.
>>
>>67603299
no they wouldn't
>>
>>67603131

Oh, I've seen it defended on here plenty of times and a lot of my friends like this shit. I remember after watching it being confused because it's the kind of movie that seems to have some deeper meaning but when you rewatch it you realize it's just hackfraud material that only tries to seem deep.

Also this >>67603521

Christ those covers were awful

>>67603846

This song wasn't terrible but it was really forced in there. The whole scene doesn't match the tone of that song.
>>
>>67603299
>no one will ever go over every frame in the movie and rotoscope the shit out of it, giving it a Scanner Darkly look
Actually, I just might have a weekend project now
>>
>>67603299

>if this movie was a hamburger /ck/ would jack off to it all day

alright pal
>>
>>67603131
We're getting there. As to OP's question, he already answered it himself. It was shit.
>>
>>67603470
I'll never, ever understand people that legitimately defend Zack Snyder. I hate to use /r9k/ terms but he's such a dumb Chad of a person. Reminds me of Len Wiseman.
>>
>>67603470
Saying this piece of shit is ahead of its time is implying the future of the world is Idiocracy.
Stop this fucking nonsense. It's a 14-year old's PG-rated fantasy that copies elements from everywhere while making them worse and meaningless and brings nothing of its own to the table. Not even the fucking music.
>>
>>67604177
This.

He's probably the most superficial director out there. Tarantino has more depth than him.
>>
>>67603862
it had to be a certain way. it's intentionally off-putting. watch it again but this time without the goal of being entertained. there's a reason why it simply doesn't work on the surface level and if taken at face value, although the one obvious flaw is that there aren't enough ways it tries to rise above itself, but that's snyder, for better or for worse; also pay attention to the wise man character and how he goes about things.. what is his role and purpose in the movie? snyder knew what he was doing. also, the symbolism is off the charts.. if you still feel lost, maybe go watch starship troopers.

>>67604177
len wiseman is what people assume zack snyder to be. which isn't exactly a huge difference, but there are important differences nonetheless.
>>
>>67604177

There's a great video that I don't think I'll ever find again. It's an interview with Snyder at (comicon?) and someone asks him what his influences are as a filmmaker. He struggles for a while, obviously having no interest in film as an art and then goes "uhhhh Star Wars!" and hams to the crowd as they cheer. Fucking pandering hack.
>>
>>67603178
what is the difference.? I i think i watched the theatrical cut(1h49m),but what do they put in the directors cut?is it worthed
>>
>>67604255
stopped reading after the first sentence

it's really even more disturbing that so many people are capable of getting 2deep4u'd this badly by someone like zack snyder. embarrassing.
>>
>>67604338
That's what I mean. I'll give him some credit for his visual style but he just seems like such a fucking male bimbo.
>>
>>67604436

Yeah, I almost feel like he should have just gone into cinematography instead of directing.
>>
Who's your suckerfu
>>
>>67604526
Jena Malone.
>>
>>67604407
You sound even stupider than Snyder tbqh. Read that first sentence again. We're saying the same thing.
>>
say what you say about the movie, but it delivered exactly what it promised

>>67604526

can't decide between Pudgens, Malone and Emily's dicksucking lips
>>
>>67604624
no. we aren't.

>>67604526
hudgens or malone
>>
>>67604684
>Emily's dicksucking lips
Something about those lips and the hairband famalam.
>>
>>67604755
On second thought, you're right. You're not actually saying anything.
>>
>>67604325
>Snyder is a misunderstood auteur.
I want this meme to end
>>
>>67604827
>why won't he just spell it out and giftwrap it for me

your posts really make you look like another victim of third-wave feminism
>>
>>67603131
There were literally months of people defending the prequels after TFA.
>>
File: Sucker_Punch_image-2.jpg (3 MB, 6144x4088) Image search: [Google]
Sucker_Punch_image-2.jpg
3 MB, 6144x4088
Jena Malone is my waifu.
>>
Why do Americans try to make their nerdtrash 'deep'?
>>
>>67604982

stretching much

not even the same guy but if you aren't a troll (10% chance) then you're possibly the most meme'd person I've ever seen on /tv/
>>
File: 7214814Na7mkOEf.jpg (90 KB, 582x407) Image search: [Google]
7214814Na7mkOEf.jpg
90 KB, 582x407
>this entire thread
>>
>>67604982
There's no depth to Snyder shit. The only person who would think there is, is someone who hasn't watched a good movie before.
>>
There is a severe lack of images in a thread about a movie that is only enjoyable in a visual way.
>>
>>67605096
(you)

>>67605154
trust me i don't really like him either but he actually genuinely is a misunderstood auteur, despite there being an avalanche of flaws. on a lot of levels he's actually not only in over his head, but kind of out of his own league because he's like some savant chad with a learning disability who simply can't do all (or usually even most) of the things a director should be able to do. he probably would have ended up being a lot more respectable and less controversial as a cinematographer, but that's not him. he's mr. chad fountainhead, for better or for worse.

im going to keep fighting for sucker punch though for a lot of reasons, because i think it legitimately deserves it and our boy hack snyder is actually redpilled as fuck when it comes to gender.
>>
>>67605179
probably because posting pics of actresses on /tv/ can get you banned
>>
well look at the cover. of course it is shit
>>
>>67603470
Interesting in the sense that its like watching a car crash.

Or like seeing that GIF of the African tribes man tongue the anus of a shitting bull.

It was absolutely terrible. No stakes. Shitty music. Shitty Characters. Shitty Effects. Etc etc. The first 1-2 minutes were decent and nothing else.
>>
>>67603096
a summertime favorite,
>>
this feels like the movie i'd have made if 14 year old me was given a budget

zach snyder's imagination is limited to the various ideas for cool things that absolutely everyone else has had.
>>
It seems at first glance a mere flick but burrow beneath its layers of nested storytelling and take in the sheer operatic scope of it and you recognize that it is in truth kino. A fantasia of myth filtered through Snyder's unique vision, it's his way of looking Hollywood in the eye and daring it to do better and rise to his level.
>>
Not very good
>>
>>67603096
a glib fascimile but the girls were smoking hot
>>
>>67606343
>this feels like the movie i'd have made if 14 year old me was given a budget
I always have a level of respect for movies like this, testaments to pop culture without much actual plot or shit like that.
Kill Bill and Jupiter Ascending, for example.
>>
>>67606491
Truly
>>
>>67606491
it's funny because it exposes the fact that most people who (usually pretend to) like films and cinema just simply can't into kino. so to them, it's a terrible flick.

this is what indoctrination does to you. ironic, because indoctrination is actually a major theme in sucker punch.

not saying all kino is great or even good though.
>>
>>67607037
>without much actual plot
this triggers me as old time warcraft player
I hope you'll watch this and eat your own words
>>
>>67604338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>everyone says this movie is actually deep under it's apparent shallow surface
>no one elaborates why
That's why i don't believe you.
What the fuck is so deep about this movie?
>>
I am not a smart man and I know next to nothing about film or how to interpret symbolism. I come here to shitpost.

As I understood it, the movie is about girls in an insane asylum using fantasy escapism to deal with the horrors of their day to day life. I always assumed the title was a reference to how we're made to believe the girl with the dicksucking lips is the main character but it's the other blonde that escapes whilst DSL gets lobotomized. I think I remember her showing some emotion at the end so maybe that was another dud.
>>
>>67603096
I'm surprised they let Hack Snyder make more films after this stinker.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 640x960
>>67603096
I watched this high as fuck shit was so cash!!!!
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.