[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
What went wrong ?
>>
File: 34645747.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
34645747.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>67600662
>>
The third act, but until that point it was a solid 8/10

I'd give it a 7 overall. I didn't even like Man of Steel, but this film really improved on that one(mostly)and makes me excited for the installments to come.
>>
don't make me relive it anymore
>>
This film cannot decide what it wants to be. Instead of creating a worthwhile movie of Batman V Superman, it is instead a combined mess of Man of Steel 2, Batman is Tormented, and Justice League 0.5. The whole thing builds up to the ‘greatest gladiator duel’ as Lex puts it, only for it finally arrive and seem absolutely pointless and simply dull. The action between the two is so damn short, so poorly done, that it carries no weight, no substance or worth.

If you’ve seen the trailers, you know pretty much everything about this movie. You can watch and easily predict what will happen. It’s cliché as all hell.

The issues of Man of Steel are often considered the christ-like symbolism, and how it wasn’t subtle enough. The symbolism in this film is much worse, so ham-fisted, it feels like Zack Snyder is smacking you across the face. “GET IT, SUPERMAN IS A GOD”.

The score is in my opinion the worst score Zimmer and Junkie XL have made in years, with the themes being so over the top, loud, and simply lacking in dynamic or difference that it feels like your ears are just being pummelled with drums. At points it feels like Mad Max Fury Road’s soundtrack on steroids. Batman and Wonder Woman’s themes simply don’t fit. The only glimmer here is reusing some of the score from Man of Steel, because it fits quite well.
>>
>>67600816
Characterisation. Affleck is a good Batman in terms of size, he feels menacing and threatening. But the decisions Goyer made with this Batman don’t fit the character at all. A few of them, very significant ones, go against what makes Batman, well, Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman are suitable for their characterisation, I actually like the Superman we have in this universe. Unfortunately, the big one, Batman, is just so disappointing.

The editing is probably the worst I have seen in a mainstream blockbuster over the past 5 years. You have so many scenes that can build excitement, tension, worry, etc. But they are all jumbled together that you end up feeling nothing. You will get midway through one subplot, get really passionate about it, then the film just jumps to a completely different area, often for little reason, or little significance at all. I couldn’t believe it at points.

it’s chucked into a full on mess of bad CGI, that can at times feel so obviously fake that it distracts from what should be a good experience.

Simply a terrible film.
>>
I think the film wouldn't face half the scrutiny if it had the quipiness and lightheartedness of the Marvel films and TFA. It really never ceases to amaze how much critics and audience alike will let things go as long as they can have a good chuckle. I mean there's plenty wrong with this film, but in no way is it worse than the average Marvel flick nor TFA if one were to really scrutinize those films as much as they are BvS.
>>
File: 1.jpg (116 KB, 749x1027) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
116 KB, 749x1027
>Beating all marvel records

Absolutely nothing
>>
File: whitemen.jpg (115 KB, 1278x417) Image search: [Google]
whitemen.jpg
115 KB, 1278x417
>>67600662
is this good cinematography?
>>
>>67600662

Just cut the Africa and Hearings scene. Cut the Nightmare scene and the Papa Kent scene. Cut the Cyborg cameo. Extend the Flash's scene have him warn Bats about Darkseid instead.

Other than that I'm cool with everything else. Easy 6/10 movie for me. To be fair I think almost all the cape movies are the same rating. Saw it with normie friends who enjoyed it.
>>
>poor editing in places resulting in jarring cuts and short/missing/possibly out of sequence scenes
>wonder woman should have had a second theme for combat
>lex zuckerberg could have been better handled in places
>>
>>67601532
>DCucks continue to compare Marvel domestic openings to BvS international openings

oh goodness!
>>
File: 1419827505928.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1419827505928.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>67601532
>Including Monday in the total
>>
>>67601621

Hmm basically that's thirty minutes. Probably would have been noticeably better.
>>
>>67601532
>including monday for a weekend opening total

see that big number? subtract the little number and you get the real weekend domestic.

which is smaller than most Marvel flicks.
>>
>>67600662
>They tried to make like four movies instead of one.
>Snyder needed three hours to tell his narrative even though he knew he'd never have that for the theater where it matters.
>Lex Luthor.
>Editing was absolutely atrocious.
>M A R T H A.
>Was hyped as being this cerebral ideological film. Immediately backtrack to"Just turn your brain off" when critics rip it to shreds.
>Lois is useless and dumb throughout the movie.
>Nobody has any actual motivations.
>Have a funeral for Clark instead of just having him go missing or some shit for when Superman comes back in the next movie
>Killing Superman in his second movie when everybody still hates him
>Burying Superman in the ground away from the sun
>Bat of Murder
>Introducing JUSTice league via email in the middle of the movie
>Man of Murder and Bat of Murder go from literally trying to murder each other to being best friends
I feel like I'm missing some more terrible things, there are just so many.
>>
>>67600662
A few things making no sense, probably better understood in the original extended version
>>
>>67601908
BUT LOIS IS THE KEY TO ALL THIS!
>>
>>67601666
BvS blows marvels Intl openings out of the water too :^)

[Spoiler]until you combine both the domestic and Intl opening kek[/spoiler]
>>
>>67600662
Awful editing. They needed about two more script revisions.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.