[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it ever jump the shark? If so, which moment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
Did it ever jump the shark? If so, which moment?
>>
>>67597645
no, it was perfect
>>
Never jumped the shark, season 5 wasn't quite as good as the rest of the show. Just watching the first episode of S5 and it already felt a bit different, like it was aware of it's popularity by that point.

That said, To'hajiillee, Ozymandias and Granite State is one of the best runs of episodes I can think of.
>>
I WON
>>
>>67597716
pleb: The Post
>>
the episode with the fly
>>
Walt killing Gus and his downfall afterward should have been like a 3 or 4 episode arc at the end of s4. Season 5A and 5B had some great moments but the neo nazi gang just wasn't as compelling an enemy, and there was way too much Jesse being a bitch.
>>
>>67597796
>Ozymandias

That episode was the pinnacle of artistic achievement in television.
>>
>>67598722
Overrated as fuck. Literally just an hour of people crying.

Crawl Space, Fly, Face Off, Full Measure and Granite State were all better. And even they're not on the same level as The Sopranos at it's finest.
>>
Somebody else tell the poster above me that he is wrong because I don't dare respond to him based on two criteria:

1) I can't stoop to his level to respond to him directly, and
2) I'm afraid his pleb might rub off on me if I engage him directly
>>
>>67597645

I hate how they ditched such a cool villain like gus and made the bad guys nazis. Felt kind of like a cop out

Good show tho
>>
>>67598794
>granite state

Even more crying.
I still enjoyed the episode though.
>>
The terminator twins were pretty bad but S4 was god tier so it gets a pass then S5 was pretty shit except for the magnet episode and the hazard pay episode
>>
>>67598722
You are the pinnacle of being a pleb faggot. Watch more television dramas before you declare the first show you ever saw the best thing of all time.
>>
>>67597645
Somebody else tell the poster above me that he is wrong because I don't dare respond to him based on two criteria:

>>
After tuco died it started a steady decline in quality
>>

>>
>>67598794
A man on a mongolian finger painting forum wanted me to inform you that he enjoys choking on cock.
>>
Yfw you realize 3 Days Out was the perfect BB episode
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>ywn see the end of "ABQ" for the first time again

>ywn see the beginning of "Live Free or Die" for the first time again
>>
>>67599090
Ep was called 4 Days Out, not 3

And I agree, it's the best episode of the entire show
>>
>>67598794
>I love watching filler because other people don't
>>
No, but it had some low points midway through, principally the plane crash and the twins.
>>
>>67597934
Was Kim on the I WON parking garage in BCS this week?
>>
File: 1450747246243.jpg (246 KB, 958x640) Image search: [Google]
1450747246243.jpg
246 KB, 958x640
>>67597645
Breaking Bad shows why we need to BUILD WALL.
>>
>jump the shark
>cult classic
>flop

why are this terms so misused bros?
>>
File: iwon trump.jpg (40 KB, 400x495) Image search: [Google]
iwon trump.jpg
40 KB, 400x495
>>67600554
>>
>>67597796
>That said, To'hajiillee, Ozymandias and Granite State is one of the best runs of episodes I can think of.

>Kennedy and Heidi / The Blue Comet / Made in America
>Petty Cash / Possible Kill Screen / Family Meeting
>Advances, None Miraculous / The Whores Can Come / Boy-the-Earth-Talks-To
>Ecotone / All Alone / Static / Everyone's Waiting

Those three don't even come close to any of the above.
>>
>>67597955
He's right
>>
>>67599090
>>67599664
Best episode of season 2, but season 2 was the most boring one.
>>
File: yo_xbox_search_ambulance.jpg (32 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
yo_xbox_search_ambulance.jpg
32 KB, 500x352
>>67598794

No love for one minute?
>>
>>67599090

WIRE?
>>
Fly is the best episode

Fight me fgts
>>
>>67597645
It didn't, a few 20 or so people on /tv/ will tell you so however.
>>
File: 1445392156702.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1445392156702.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>67598794
>The Sopranos
>>
>>67601080
Yes, very good
>>
>>67598687

The Nazi's weren't Walt's equal like Gus was, they were his hubris.
>>
>>67597645
After Mike died the show sucked
>>
File: 1455476330917.png (292 KB, 770x511) Image search: [Google]
1455476330917.png
292 KB, 770x511
>>67600600
>>
>>67598794
dead freight?
That episode still makes my bunghole pucker to this day.
>>
>>67601680

that episode somehow feels twice as long as it is.

the tension was perfect.
>>
>>67601080
That episode marked the point where Breaking Bad became a show that entirely relied on epic cliffhangers and action scenes.
>>
>>67597645
Just after Skyler found out Walter cooked meth
>>
>>67600822
nobody knows what you're talking about
>>
DUDE /TV/ TOLD ME TO PRETEND THAT I LIKE SOPRANOS AND MAD MEN LMAO
>>
Never jumped the shark. Season 5 wasn't as good as it should have been, but it still had a lot of really stuff, like Ozymandias and Dead Freight.

Season 4 is the best season, or at least the most well constructed.
>>
>>67603611
You really don't recognize any of those episode titles?
>>
>>67597796
>To'hajiillee, Ozymandias and Granite State is one of the best runs of episodes I can think of.

It was good, but Mad Men did better: Time and Life, Lost Horizon, The Milk and Honey Route, Person to Person
>>
>>67603969
only nerds pay attention to episode titles
>>
>>67604018
fuck the last four episodes of mad men was an amazing run. taken as a whole it might be the most well stuck landing in tv
>>
>>67603845
Never watched Mad Men but I got into The Sopranos after Breaking Bad and as much as I'll always have a soft spot for Breaking Bad, the two are just incomparable. The Sopranos has superior writing, characterisation, humour, storytelling and nuances. Not one character feels out of place and there's no-one like Marie, Walt Jr. or Badger, people who didn't really serve any purpose.

What made Breaking Bad so great was the sheer tension you felt on your first viewing, and it kind of loses some of it's magic when you rewatch it.
>>
>>67599018
He got replaced by a far better villain, and it fit perfectly with Walter's ascent from a small time cook to a drug kingpin.
>>67598494
I'll admit, if you only go through the show while binge watching it seems like a huge lull in the narrative. It's actually far from that though. The episode is an excellent character study into how Walter has become obsessed with control, even to the point of excruciating minutiae.
>>
Breaking Bad is great but it's clearly a step below The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, and Deadwood. It isn't genuinely essential.
>>
>>67604403
I tried getting into mad men, how long does it take to get good?
>>
>>67604081
Scrubs last 5 or so eps were all god tier. Janitors wedding really set the tone for the growing up and moving on themes
>>
>>67604521
Back half of season one, then it stays at that quality for the rest of the run sometimes hitting some new peaks but rarely being as "eh" as the beginning of S1.
>>
>>67604521
Never, unless you're a baby boomer entranced by the nostalgia of martini lunches and talking down to women
>>
>>67604521
If by first 4 eps you arent hooked you are a casual that will never like it
>>
the episode where gus was like "fuk u 2bh" to walter on the phone and then walter was luahging and going insane was the best imo
>>
>>67604521
I think you'll know if it's for you after 4 or 5 episodes. 95% of the show is slow as fuck and although I enjoy it, it's definitely not for everybody.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4WuhnpVsI
>>
Breaking Bad is a video game.
>>
Why is Hector the most based character on the show ?
>>
Dexter is capeshit. Breaking Bad is capekino. Sopranos is kino.
>>
>>67604342
ITT pseudo intellectuals

Hurr durr its okay to waste an entire episode on getting a point that anyone who isn't retarded understood in less than 5 minutes because it makes me feel smart when I finally get it at the end durrr dae Wes Anderson ima true patrician
>>
>>67604630

Generation y/millennial here, both of those sound like a good time
>>
>>67604677
>>67604649
I only knew I liked it at The Hobo Code which is 7 or 8
>>
File: 2x13_Wayfarer_crash.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2x13_Wayfarer_crash.png
1 MB, 1280x720
It jumped the shark right here
>>
>>67604342
i liked fly. described how walt ended up with hallcinations from brain cancer and never actually told the audience
>>
>>67597645
when he made that impossible pizza throw
>>
This show had the best cold opens ive ever seen

Easily the best stylistic element

Honorable mentions:

Montages (which were also GOAT)
Camera being stuck to an object
Time lapses
>>
>>67606715
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/vince-gilligan-fans-stop-throwing-pizzas-walter-whites-roof
>>
>>67597645
>>67597796

I felt like it could have ended by S5, that was the problem with it for me.

We had a perfect arc for Walter.

He gets cancer, tries to secure money for his family, does it, gets greedy, gets nasty, gets in way over his head, and by the skin of his teeth, manages to get out alive, bringing down Fring and the Cartel's meth operation in the process.

We've seen him transform into a motherfucker and get greedy and get burned by gus, and just as a final proof for the fans that he's sold his soul we see the final shot of what he did at the end of S4, but then with S5 we get shown he's learned nothing from the process and fucks it all up again because "DUDE EMPIRES LMAO" and Giligan couldn't let him go.
>>
best show never ever best show ever
>>
>>67606607
Bane?
>>
it jumped the shark with the ep where they try to use the magnet to wipe the lap top. "magnets bitch" I think it was called
>>
>>67606784
I hate all of those things you mentioned. They were totally overused and superfluous, clearly just there to pad out runtimes
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.