[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: inglourious-basterds-.jpg (163 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
inglourious-basterds-.jpg
163 KB, 1440x900
What was the point of this film?
>>
That cinema and propaganda can be used to manipulate the people for any reason, good or bad
>>
>>67596600
making money
>>
>>67596600
Jews fantasizing
>>
File: The Neck Knows.jpg (4 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
The Neck Knows.jpg
4 KB, 106x125
This triggered me greatly, it was like another Dresden!
>>
>>67596600
That film-making that appeals to base emotions can be manipulative, and that said manipulation is inherently wrong, not just when the Nazis do it. Also propaganda is a degradation of the art form.
>>
>>67596668

Wrong again. The point was to showcase QT's pointlessly "genius" dialogue as is the case with every one of his flicks
>>
>>67596600
To make us hate the Jews.
>>
>>67596769
Okay.
>>
>>67596799

I know because I'm quentin tarantino.
>>
>>67596600
Previewing what will happen to Europe after the Muslims take over.
>>
>>67596600
tarantino was too lazy to read a history textbook in school, so he made a ww2 movie to watch in history class
>>
Satirizing much of Hollywood (and its imitators) war film history by fooling around with genre cliches and outing it as being the "Jewish" revenge fantasy it actually is by contrasting it with Nazi propaganda, while also focusing on the nature of propaganda and its subjective disregard for actual historical reality in general.
I honestly don't understand why anyone would not consider it to be Tarantino's best, most ballsiest, with The Hateful Eight coming in close second, but many critics and commoners alike seem to be permanently stuck in whatever mentality they adopted in the 90s.
>>
>>67598524
This is a nice charitable interpretation of the movie but I'm sure as fuck that this wasn't the author's intent.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.