[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point of the movie did you realize that the critics were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: image.jpg (699 KB, 850x1205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
699 KB, 850x1205
At what point of the movie did you realize that the critics were wrong and this is a high art masterpiece?
>>
>>67596511
like 1 hour in, I used to believe in the critics but 2bh I started realizing how pleb they were like a year ago
>>
>>67596511
none. it was one of the most stupid shit i've wasted money on.
>>
>>67596511
I never trusted critics since they gave terminator 3 a good score
>>
>>67596511
Batman's intro in that dilapidated house.

>ywn see a horror film about Batman from a criminal's point of view
>>
Literally the first 5 minutes
>>
>>67596969
I would love a batman: gothic Movie
>>
why is mr.sketal dressed like wonder woman?
>>
>>67596511
when I watched it. Critics will never understand good cinema though.

Also dubs confirm lord Kek has spoken
>>
>>67596969
Batman being an actual terrifying thing for street level criminals is why Batman Begins is my favorite Nolan Batman movie.
>>
>>67596511
after watching RLM's review
>>
Do you guys get paid per post, or there is like a flat weekly rate? I kinda want to become a paid shill too.
>>
I have never in my life trusted a "professional" critic

I cannot imagine a more sad failure of a career than that
>>
>>67596511
The scene when Superman abandons chasing after Bruce and goes to save that little girl. I could go on,
Fuck the critics mang, this movie was 10x better than Avengers AoU.
Too bad I saw it in "3d", would have been much better otherwise.
>>
The only capeshit that rivals bvs is Captain America. And then maybe the netflix Daredevil.
>>
>>67596511
1 hour in. The movie starts out slow but damn it gets good fast.
I honestly think a lot of the flak critics give this movie fall into two catagories:
1. Contrarians
2. People who didn't like Watchmen and so don't like stuff in the same vein
>>
File: randofsteel_size3.jpg (115 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
randofsteel_size3.jpg
115 KB, 590x295
To state that Dawn Of Justice is Zach Synder's Citizen Kane isn't as controversial as it sounds. Rarely does a filmmaker get a chance to so clearly display their weltanschauung as Snyder has been granted here. This is undoubtedly the movie that he has dreamt of making since he first started playing with his Superfriends figures in the sandpit, since he first read Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns and went “Huh, cool” at the armored Batmobile, since his first daydream of punching Superman again-and-again-and-again in his too-white teeth.

The result is an incoherent masterpiece that brings the Superhero action film as close to the avant-garde as it has ever been or will ever go again. A genuine Outsider Blockbuster. Snyder's previous films, Watchmen, 300 etc, although not good, at least hung together in a way that suggested that someone somewhere understood the basics of how to advance a plot. Dawn Of Justice, having practically no plot whatsoever, is free to throw this so-called sophistication out of the window. The first half of the film is an incoherent riot of jarring cuts, bizarre dialogue (“Superman was never real. Just a dream of a farmer from Kansas.” “That dream is all some people have.”) and hilariously specific dream sequences that replicates perfectly the feeling of attempting to read a dense superhero comic after being in a car accident.

Dawn Of Justice really feels like something. The superhero movie reaching its incomprehensible Nietzschean peak, maybe? A glossolaliac tone poem of ruined brickwork and eye beams? One thing is certain, if Snyder's recent declaration of his regard for the works of Ayn Rand is to be taken at face value, then Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is his Fountainhead. It's rare that a commercial director gets an opportunity to grace us with something so true to himself. Rarer still that the results necessitate the creation of a whole new value system in order to assess them accurately.
>>
>>67596511

As soon as I saw Granny's Peach Yea. Snyder is truly a misunderstood genius.
>>
>>67597095
>cannot imagine a more sad failure of a career than that
How about having no career and leeching off your parents while your 20+ year old NEET ass plays video games and browses 4chan all day
>>
>>67596511
when the recoil from that pistol broke martha's pearls
>>
>>67596511
When Batman said "Gas the kikes, race war now"
>>
File: Communion.png (358 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
Communion.png
358 KB, 700x400
>>67596511
When I saw the deleted scene
>>
>>67597281
Nice assumptions, sweat boy.
>>
>>67597271
yes m8 is this a pasta? i agree anyways
>>
>>67597281
A+ tier projecting laddie

Everyone's like you right?
>>
>>67596511
Right at the start. Juxtaposition of 1940s Zorro posters on the theatre with the 1981 Excalibur main advertisement above the theatre. Evolution of cinema. Then Snyder seals the deal by having Superman and Doomsday die in the same way as Arthur and his son in Excalibur.
>>
>>67597271
This might be bait, but there's some true to it. BvS is so "awful" for some people because it actually strives to reach the same level of creativity as the comic books. Some of the action in the movie is unimaginably well done, some of it is not - that is the main downside of actually trying to transcend pleb action (the kind we've seen so many times in Nolan's dull trilogy). Snyder sets the bar so high he sometimes cannot reach it himself, so of course that productions that are about anything but that drive have it easier, since they do not try hard enough to begin with. Also, that limitation allows for a deeper exploration of micro-plots and psychological meandering, which appeals to high-schoolers and college students who act like jellyfishes in order not to break a bone by being too exuberant. Batman v Superman failed because it actually TRIED, but for the same reason, it also succeeded.

This is the second Superhero movie I rate higher than 5/10 after Spider-Man 2. I sure hope that this does well at the box-office because the world needs more directors like Snyder.
>>
the continuity from MoS to BvS in Metropolis with Zod's heat vision coming out of the Wayne Financial building. A quick search will find the gif showing the continuity, while some editing can be seen as weak, this scene really impressed me
>>
File: gothambygaslight.jpg (795 KB, 957x1435) Image search: [Google]
gothambygaslight.jpg
795 KB, 957x1435
>>67596969
>>67596998
>ywn see a Batman: Gotham by Gaslamp movie

feels real bad mane
>>
>>67597271

>starts with a funeral
>ends with a funeral

B R A V O S N Y D E R

;_;
>>
>>67597502
>starts with a bullet shell hitting ground
>ends with canon shell hitting ground
>>
>>67597502

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>67596985
Say what you will, but Snyder can direct an opening sequence like a fucking pro.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x240
>>67596511
Explosion at the capitol
>>
>>67597477
>Some of the action in the movie is unimaginably well done

I think the warehouse scene is the best Batman action scene thus far out of any of the Batman movies (and easily the best part of the movie itself).
>>
>>67597093

not a shill. but have you ever experienced something in your life so profound, so meaningful, so life changing that you can't stop talking about it? like something struck you that it changed your whole being. People were so accustomed to comic book heroes = capeshit that's why that term got coined since it was a repetitive drivel garbage but seeing a cape movie = capekino has such a profound message to us we just can't stop spreading the word.

Frankly, we don't care if people believe us or not, we're just asking to open your eyes and see that comic book movies are not limited to the ones that marvel / disney produces. There are visionaries like Snyder that are willing to put in artistict, philosophical and most of all spiritual meaning to capekinos. If we convince just one soul that's enough for us.
>>
>>67596511
Sometime between the terrorist telling Lois that "ignorance is not innocence" and the moment Eisenberg speaks about the paradox of powerlessness and knowledge. At that moment I realized thematically this would run incredibly deep
>>
>>67596928
>I started realizing how pleb they were like a year ago
I honestly can't imagine anything more pleb than liking a Zack Snyder movie. It's instant gratification for fat brains high on fast food and soda, holding nothing more than the pretence of any deeper meaning so that idiots can feel clever for liking a movie that has such heavy symbolism without realizing that it means exactly nothing. Meanwhile, its embarassing attempt at being bore darker and more serious than its competition stretches no further than the desaturation of all colors to create a superficially bleak product and writing characters that act more like angsty teenagers than superheores.
>>
>>67597101
You know they could've just as easily just had Supes save a girl from a building. Instead they make it a dios de los muertos event, so you get the imagery of people representing the dead reaching for Superman from saving her from fire. I think not even like 2-3 scenes later Supes ends up in the fire in the town meeting.

Marvel couldn't handle writing scenes even a quarter that well.
>>
File: criminals.jpg (2 MB, 1988x2259) Image search: [Google]
criminals.jpg
2 MB, 1988x2259
>>67597093
I keep coming back to thinking about the film regularly since I saw it last week. Due to me having only very few friends and a normie gf and not wanting to get on anyone's nerves by continuously talking about that one superhero film I saw I just don't talk to people about it. /tv gives me the opportunity to both dig deeper into the flaws and failures of the film and thinking about why I still liked it as much as I did.
>>
>>67597417
I caught that too, the posters atleast, glad you mention their significance. Very nice.
>>
>>67597788
It's also a bit of a call-back to the dream scene in Mos where he is drowning in a sea of skulls.
>>
>>67597623
>not a shill
That's like saying
>this is not a pyramid scheme
>>
File: 1420299309241.png (30 KB, 481x486) Image search: [Google]
1420299309241.png
30 KB, 481x486
anons, just want to say thank you for pointing out some things that I missed on BvS. I never knew it was several layers deep, I didn't notice the poster and the funeral and the skull throwback.

Thank you Snyder for letting me experience capekino.

I'm sorry I doubted you
>>
>>67597774
>>67597952
hey man it's ok if you don't get it

2001 was panned upon release too
>>
>>67597788
It slightly bothered me that this was the second film within a short time window to use the Day of the Dead after Spectre.
>>
>>67596511

>ignorance is not the same as innocence

right then
>>
When superman was taking doomsday into space and saw the nuke coming. He immediately got the situation and knew what he had to do, knowing full well it could possibly kill him. The entire situation came from his decision to kill Zod, and the monster was his responsibility.

When the sun revived him after though? THAT was where it became kino (honestly though, the bats lifting Bruce was).
>>
>>67597983
>it's ok if you don't get it
There is nothing to get. Snyder's films are the most shallow form of enterntainment there is.
>>
It wasn't any worse than Avengers really, it just replaced most of the quips with pretentious pseudo-intellectual garbage, but with all the quipping capeshit that's being pushed out it was still a breath of fresh air.

A solid 6/10 from me.
>>
>>67598125
lmao i bet you enjoy the films of Béla Tarr
>>
>>67598125
Yeah but you can't even articulate how.
>>
Does batman have some kind of future telling power? He had a dream about kryptonite, the flash and lois lane before meeting them. And are those flying bug men also from the future?

Or does the flash have the power to enter peoples dreams in the past?
>>
>>67598193

Flash time travels. The flying bug men are Darkseids henchmen.
>>
>>67598174
You want to articulate a negative? Seriously?
>>
>>67598125
>le marvel is better
i have never felt compelled to even reflect on a Marvel film, let alone watch it again.
Ive seen MoS 3 times and im torrented it again for tonight.
I'm compelled to go buy another ticket for BvS but the EIC of collider said that Snyder is actively trying to get the extended cut in theaters and i really want to see that. Marvel has never made me actively think about a film more than an hour after seeing it, DCCU has two that already do
>>
>>67598241
time travel question, since it has happened where dirt will rise when flash time travels, do you reckon that is why the last scene was what it was?
>>
>>67598132
This I expected to become a trainwreck as time went on but it just stayed mediocre. Like the rest of capeshit.
No big deal.
Seriously the Marvel reviews are paid or critics are so far up their asses that they can now distinguish which turd tastes better.
>>
>>67598262
>>le marvel is better
Oh, please, when did I ever say that?
>>
>>67598255
Uh huh that's what I thought.
>>
Has any film had a profound effect in your life anons? Last time I felt this was when I watched Passion of the Christ. I can't believe I was crying after BvS
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1024x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1024x743
I stepped out of the theater after watching Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice™ and literally fell to my knees and thrust my arms into the air.

"SNYDER!!!!" I cried.

I cried so much for the first time in my life.

I went in to the movies jaded and cynical after reading all the /tv/ posts how much Snyder was a hack, Man of Murder, Stop my invincible son and expected absolutely trash from the movie but I was wrong. So wrong.

I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Snyder himself was speaking to me, thru Metropolis and Gotham, his love and dedication was there. He assured me that a new era of cape movies has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster regurgitated capeshit movies we are accustomed to.

During the battle with Doomsday, the people around me were so enthralled and were speaking in tongues, their spit and tears flying everywere, some landing on me, but I didn't care. I was already in full spasm from the orgasmic capekinography I was seeing.

As the movie ended, an eerie silence came. Then, everyone in the cinema cried. Like wailing and sorrowful crying. Nobody uttered a word but we were one in spirit. "Forgive us Snyder for we do not know what we have done"

In all seriousness this a solid 12/10.

I'm still wiping my tears as I try to relive that moment, I'm afraid I will never experience this exhilarating joy and sadness ever again in my life.

Thank you Snyder... Thank you...
>>
on the mountaintop when Clark talks to his father's spirit/ghost/vision

at that point I realized the movie was an epic tale in the same vein as the Odyssey, Divine Comedy, etc

it continually blurs the line between reality and fiction much as the tall tales of old would

bravo snyder!
>>
>>67597311
which time do you mean?
I'm pretty sure they repeated that entire sequence shot for shot like 3 times
>>
>>67598262
fucking this. Marvel releases nothing more than a few hours to burn. DC actually released something i can actually let bathe in my mind
>>
>>67598333
Stating that your opponent can't do something impossible ad using it as a point in your favour does not make you seem smarter, y'know.
>>
>>67596511
During the first dream sequence with the blood in the mausoleum
>>
Anyone who decides what movies they like based on rotten tomatoes critics score is a sheep idiot. Marvel movies get good reviews and are horrible.

That being said, this movie was awful. Lex acted like hes the joker, what was his motivation, is he just batshit crazy and wants to start chaos? Huge miscast. Wonder woman was also miscast, the chick cant act for shit, can barely speak english and looks like a skeleton.

Mexican flash time travels into batmans dreams wtf?

Batman wants to kill superman for an hour, then suddenly he hears martha and they are best friends? What do their mothers names have to do with anything?

Not even gonna mention all the JUSTice league foreshadowing stuff that was forced in.
>>
>>67598442
You've yet to establish how Snyder films are shallow.
>>
>>67596969
I really liked that scene and wish there was more like it. Hopefully the standalone batman movies are like that
>>
>>67598377
The first time. I didn't mind the second time though, as it was intercut with something else instead of just replayed whole.

Also liked when Bruce Wayne finishes telling Alfred the hunters thing and we see from behind/inside the house as he walks out the entrance of Wayne manor onto the overgrown front lawn, framed by the empty doorway and window openings. Felt a bit Russian or something.
>>
>>67598280
The dirt rising at the end is implying superman is actually alive
>>
>>67596985
this desu
>>
>>67598360
I give this pasta 6/10
>>
>>67598531
I already have. They are nothing but vehicles for special effects, most of which aren't even that spectacular. Pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo is interchanged with meaningless symbolism that serves no purpose other than to trick slow people into thinking that they are watching a smart film.

See, right about now is when you say that I "just don't get it" because when you want me prove a negative we can never achieve more than that. I say "it doesn't exist" and you say "yes, it does, you're just looking in the wrong place", which is, if you want to actually have this discussion you're the one whose gonna have to prove that that Snyder's films actually have depth.
>>
>>67598742
how though? it cant be just "because he is superman" it has to be because of something more complex than that
>>
>>67597271
>Dawn Of Justice, having practically no plot whatsoever
What the fuck is it with this meme?
>>
>>67598881
too low
>>
>>67599848
Why do you need a plot when you can make everything look cool and shallow?
>>
>>67598170
What's wrong with Tarr?
>>
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>67597976
The guy made Watchmen, he's no fool when it comes to movies.

Granted, I wouldn't rate BvS (or Watchmen) above an 8 or so, but it certainly deserves higher than 28%.
>>
>>67596511
Desert Batman scene
>>
>>67599029
Not that anon but I'm reading your back-and-forth here.

It seems like at the point you guys are at, it just comes down to a matter of opinion. Consider:
>pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo
>meaningless symbolism
>trick slow people
From (many) other people's points of view, the symbolism is decent, the philosophy is much better than the vast majority of movies, and (I anyway) don't feel tricked.
Here's a better example:
I think 2001: A Space Odyssey was a mostly shallow 60 minute film stretched into a 2 hour ordeal making me think every 5 minutes "dude I get it, you're saying x, can we move along now?" [esp. that fucking scene at the end where it was like 15 minutes of looking at psychedelic colors]
I don't think that particular Kubrick movie was any good at all but others (and not stupid people either) might see my analysis and disagree.
>>
>>67598125
>shallow
all the references to literature, mythology and philosophy must have flown over your head
>>
>>67601857
>meaningless symbolism
??? do you even know what the word symbolism means?
>>
>>67602636
was meant for >>67599029
>>
>>67598262
not even that anon but he didn't even say that kek.
Everybody knows Zack Snyder is one of, if not the biggest one-trick-pony-hack in Hollywood. Even 300 is shit.
>>
>>67598255
Yeah, because it's your argument you fuck. Otherwise you're opinion is disregarded
>>
>>67598360
I shouldn't have to scroll to read pasta, 3/10
>>
Most people especially the faggots here that should know better simply refuse to accept the undeniable fact that BvS is more than just another dumb superhero movie.

They either mock it or get mad whenever they try to wrap their brains around this fact. They simply cannot reconcile it in their heads so they resort to making little rhymes like rhyming the name Zack with the word "hack".

>>
>>67603548
have you even watch the movie? it's very different to marvel movies and man of steel furthermore I think the first half of the movie is not not in any means dumb, towards the end with all the fighting and shit that's dumb but then again you can't make a superhero movie without a big fight at the end.
>>
The first 15 minutes after I kept asking myself "when does this get bad? All those reviews said it was dogshit from the get go but I'm enjoying this."
>>
>>67596511

Opening scene.
>>
>>67603676

>have you even watch the movie?

I've seen it twice already. It's even better the second time.
>>
>>67603818
sorry I read your comment again and I agree with you
>>
>>67599029
But anon, you literally don't get it. By simply saying Snyder's films are shallow, you are proving the point. By simply being in this thread, you are proving it as well.
>>
File: 1347411337194.jpg (22 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1347411337194.jpg
22 KB, 350x300
I got hooked by the party scene where Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne shit talk each other with Lex interrupting. It's a well executed verbal duel between the secret identities. that type of shit gets me hyped to see their eventual clash.

The best part about Tim Burton's batman was that we got to see:

>Batman vs Jack Napier
>The Joker vs Bruce Wayne
>Batman vs Joker
>>
File: 1459227601327.jpg (30 KB, 600x354) Image search: [Google]
1459227601327.jpg
30 KB, 600x354
>>67596511
>Mexican Flash time travels
>...into Batman's dream

The critics were right. This movie was shit.
>>
>>67596511
At the Wayne's funeral shot. The cinematography was great. Then the first complain I heard from plebs about "loool bats lift jesuschrist" and I got instantly that it was symbolic referencing the innocence of the Batman idea in general. That moment I got that the movie while not really smart it was way beyond the reach of the average marvelcuck.

Then when Batman shot in the face the first infidel in his dreams. It was like I now understand why these cucks are mad.

>Muh comic books
>Muh action comedies

I instantly discarded all reviews.
>>
>>67596511
The scene of introducing Superman to the mankind
>>
File: capekino.jpg (279 KB, 1372x1221) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
279 KB, 1372x1221
>>67596511
opening sequence

Capekino confirmed
>>
>>67603959
>le flasho into dreamo
How are people not getting that it wasn't a dream and also he's a german kike
>>
>>67603959
it wasn't a dream, he just edited that way so normies wouldn't ask too much questions
>>
>>67603959
It was to suggest Batman reality/dreams being blurred. I mean the most logical thing for Batman would be to think it was part of his dream. But the audience knows it wasnt because the flying papers.

Low energy b8. Terrible, just terrible.
>>
>>67604082
nah the speedforce knocked him out
>>
File: 1459271975560.jpg (43 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459271975560.jpg
43 KB, 1600x900
I'm actually starting to believe this was the most intelligent film made in a long time and people went in expecting capeshit so they didn't expect this
>>
>>67603959
it was an obvious homage to Un Chien Anadlou
>>
>>67596511
The opening sequence was great. I knew at that point. ACT I was also really great. AcT II is the BVS fight. ACT III They team up.

Honestly it was reallly good. 9/10 as far as Capekino goes. Only Watchmen was better.
>>
>>67604205
is that moby dick?
>>
File: 1458848670502.jpg (86 KB, 525x937) Image search: [Google]
1458848670502.jpg
86 KB, 525x937
>>67596511
At the start I though it was cool the way they showed the end part of man of steel from bruce's perspective while zod and clark wrecked the fucking city like a motherfucker and that moment he saw superman for the first time, BUT THEN at the dream sequence with the bugs everyone was like, wut? and I got really worried that the critics were right but the fucking werent! at some point stopped thinking of all the shit they threw at the movie and just enjoyed the ride and boy did I have a good time, and no avenger bullshit "haha we are about to die, lets talk about how we are handsome and crack some jokes"
>>
>>67604205
I actually agree, this movie goes insanely deep. Would you guys care if I posted a link to a YouTube review I did? I never do them but I actually got annoyed by every review I saw
>>
>>67604381
yeah. Batman was obsessed with superman. that lance was also a harpoon
>>
>>67596511
Martha scene. The sheer umber of people unable to comprehend that scene is terrifying.

Truly, we are surrounded by plebs.
>>
I'm not going to say that Lex did nothing wrong because he did blow up a bunch of people as well as release Doomsday but in a very real way he was right about Superman.

It's grey area stuff like that that elevates BvS above your standard popcorn and butter.
>>
>>67604205
This shot is significant why?
>>
File: D75.jpg (65 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
D75.jpg
65 KB, 640x427
>>67596955
I bet you did not even go to see it, or you are a sad person who went to see it just because you hate what it stands for and to have something to bitch about, well let me tell you what, it doesnt matter how good tjhe movie was, it never did, to you, it was shit before you even saw it. It actually happened to me one time because I was suddenly single and hated the idea of certain movie, but all is good now and even if I trust my gf, I know she is a pleb who thins avengers 2 and movies for kids are the shit, so a pleb who goes with the flow (sorry, but not reallly)
>>
>>67604583
Its a white whale you retard.

Did you expect a one liner like: You are the dick after the moby!
>>
>>67604543
that's usually expected but I was surpirsed that critics are such plebs too
>>
>>67604583
>not getting that Batman is so obsessed with ending Superman that he lies to his closest friend and family member
>not getting that Batman literally goes crazy to end Superman.
>not getting that Superman is his white whale
>>
>>67604700
I know, but it's like missing the major theme of the movie. People are out there criticizing the movie because that Batman/Superman fight was stopped by a coincidence. If someone misses the point that badly how can they even watch movies in general?
>>
>>67604685
That's the shot where Batman throws Superman through the window, right? So Superman is Batman's White Whale? So they... visually represented that with a fucking whale-shaped hole in the window?

>>67604751
Okay, confirmed.

Do you not realize that's fucking retarded?
>>
>>67604775
>>67604700
I know people that didnt like Batman v Superman, but thought that scene make complete sense in the context of the film.
>>
File: 1458976039732.jpg (59 KB, 599x406) Image search: [Google]
1458976039732.jpg
59 KB, 599x406
>>67596511
I can't stop thinking about this masterpiece, I was completely floored since the first frame, first musical piece. I teared up almost three times sometimes out of context from just how wonderous this was for me. A superhero film that can actually be called film. But we have a new term for it now, Cape-Kino. I have so much respect for Snyder now, I've never seen a superhero film that made me think about what I had just witnessed, I want to watch it again but maybe I'll wait for the extended cut, so I can pop my cape-kino cherry again. Because it was that fucking good that it needs to be cherished, because this may never come again.

Bravo Snyder, Bravo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
>>
>>67604685
lmao
>>
>>67604797
>everything needs to be literal or it's retarded
.kill yourself
>>
you literally dont need to be a critic to see how shit and turd this movie is.
>>
>>67604797
Confirmed for never reading Moby Dick or have any intelligent capacity to relate film to literature. We have right in front of us the brainless Marvel fan who just want's to turn his brain off to watch Marvel films, absolutely embarrassing.
>>
>>67604583
found the retard
>>
>>67604855
If you can't get why that scene is retarded then you are too desperate to have your capeshit be prestigious and *mature*. tips fedora

Like Lex quoting Lolita. Who fucking gives a shit? Oooh, literature allusions.

It's a fucking movie about a guy who dresses up as a bat and expects to be taken seriously and meets a guy who flies around in his underwear and they team up with a woman with an invisible plane.

Literary references.
>>
>>67604830
Holy fucking shit this, When Kevin Costner showed up and he and Clark had the amazing conversation at the top of the mountain and this theme was playing I legit was in tears. The pure emotion that the scene gave me broke a man who had only cried in 2 movies. Zack deserves a oscar for this piece of work and all of us should apologize fo doubting him.
>>
>>67604583
>posting on 4chan when reddit is more your speed
pls go
>>
>>67604583
moby dick is about god, it's symbolism within the symbolism
>>
>>67604971
Exactly man, and I just don't understand how people aren't absolutely loving this. It blows my mind.
>>
>>67604969
>i need muh quips or it isn't good
>>
>>67604969
Get a load of this pleb.
>>
I can tell you for a fact that if Superman existed in real life the U.S. would be harvesting every last ounce of kryponite on earth to use against him if we needed to.

That's one of the messages of the movie. Are we truly free if we only exist because Superman allows it?

There is no M.A.D. with Superman so I can tell you that from the perspective of the U.S. government the answer would be "no" and they wouldn't stand for it no matter how much "good" he did in the world.
>>
>>67604969
10 Mouse credits have been deposited to your mickey rewards card
>>
File: schonberg-this-guy.jpg (109 KB, 381x488) Image search: [Google]
schonberg-this-guy.jpg
109 KB, 381x488
>>67605023
>he thinks I watch Marvel movies
>>
>>67605094
>implying i was talking about Marvel.
all plebeians just want quips.
>>
157 minutes.
>>
File: omegerd.jpg (68 KB, 289x181) Image search: [Google]
omegerd.jpg
68 KB, 289x181
>Whale-shaped hole smashed into window
>OHMYGOD! SO DEEP!
>>
>>67605061
Yeah i don't get why it's bad that we focused on the political ramifications, when there clearly would be.

There would no doubt be a "Superman Committee" that would try and solve this matter like Fitch would.
How do you police Superman and is his willingness to not act make him negligible? these are really great questions that aren't really ever explored
>>
File: 1458866285426.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458866285426.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>67605094
Nice strawman Plebbit, go back to r/fartjokes or some Joss fedora tipping circlejerk
>>
>>67605094
>>67605186
Kek what a faggot
>>
Why is there such a high correlation between liking MoS&BvS and autism?
>>
>>67605274
HEY FUCK YOU I'VE BEEN TESTED
>>
>>67596511
Young Bruce wayne elevating into the heavens by a swarm of bats
>>
File: 1459226234656.jpg (108 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459226234656.jpg
108 KB, 894x1000
>>67604830
This my film, you are my cape-kino.

;_;
>>
>>67605319
lol
>>
I really enjoyed the whole god dilema and all the talk about prometheus, icarus, god and stuff like that, also the paintings, the sword gal gadot is buying or whatever and wanted a bit more of that, but it's understandable that after all that talk people would want like an hour fight so I guess that's ok. It was a 9/10 for me but it really is more like a 7/8 .
>>
I want them to cut ever Lois lane scene in the movie
>>
File: 8512394.jpg (42 KB, 527x219) Image search: [Google]
8512394.jpg
42 KB, 527x219
when i saw young Bruce rising with bats with the music
at that point Rotten critics lost credibility
there must be some politics going on to get these reviews
were the reviewers taking revenge for not being invited to screenings?
>>
File: 6137-000082.jpg (367 KB, 1024x824) Image search: [Google]
6137-000082.jpg
367 KB, 1024x824
>muh dark art
>muh symbolism
>muh mature and sophisticated kids story
>>
File: He died for our sins..jpg (6 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
He died for our sins..jpg
6 KB, 191x264
>>67605388
Normies in my crowd actually said what the fuck? It was at that point that the film lost them, and I just buckled my seat belt and let Snyder take the wheel. I opened my mind to his vision and had never experienced such bliss from watching a superhero film before. Glorious.
>>
>>67605388
Actually, i remember pretty much everyone invited to the premier loved this film. People were hopeful of this film because of it
>>
>>67605398
Not an arguement
>>
>>67605398
yeah I know I also wanted more dance offs and fart jokes 3/10 also what was the point of those paintings? I don't understand! They shouldn't compare jesus to superman""
>>
All this praise is really just a lure to go back in and blow more money on this. Not today, DC-shills.
>>
>>67601030
15 minutes of walking
>>
>>67605432
>Normies
You are one though, outsider
>>
>>67605512
I've been here since 2004, when you were still in diapers, get fucked redditor.
>>
File: 1459217561972.jpg (151 KB, 1035x690) Image search: [Google]
1459217561972.jpg
151 KB, 1035x690
>>67605388
At this point I realized that I was not watching Capeshit but instead watching CapeKino, that Zack Synder was about to save the Genre
>>
>>67601658
This pretty much. I dont get why there is so much hate, his movies are not great at all but its not like they are absolute shit either, they are just okay.
>>
>>67605532
wait... if that's true
then how is >>67605512 allowed on an 18+ site?
>>
>>67605536
God damn Snyder, you are my fucking hero.
>>
>>67605444
not sure i remember reading something about internet critics not being invited because when casting and other info was revealed they were shitting on it
i could be wrong though
>>
>>67605559
Because he doesn't announce his age. So he can't get banned.
>>
>>67605598
well now we know. Time to inform hiroshimoot
>>
>>67605532
>"Normies"
You've been here since the 2010s and this board most likely since 2013 at the longest
>>
>>67596511
>movie opens
>we are treated to YET ANOTHER rendition of batman origin story
>ripped off shot for shot from Nolan version, Batman Jr. falling down the well included
>except its in shitty cheesy slow motion
>in fucking cheesy slow motion
>in 2016

I nearly walked out of the theater 5 minutes in
high art masterpiece? You must be clinically retarded, my poor friend.
>>
>>67596511
>comic book film
>high art

>>>>/co/
>>
>>67596511
I can't tell if stuff like this is made by people with mental issues or if it's just trolling
>>
>>67605650
Kek, I was here before /tv/ ever existed, when /b/ was actually dank as fuck and I was a little underage faggot trying to wrap my head around what I was reading, and I never left. You definitely are the cancerous newfriends who think because they've been here for 3+ years probably even less that you have an edge over anyone here. To me you're a newfaggot.
>>
File: 1407085847863.png (126 KB, 210x339) Image search: [Google]
1407085847863.png
126 KB, 210x339
>Avengers 2 with one-liners being spewed every five seconds of the film
>BvS with shitty pseudo-intellectual quotes being tossed at each other
>>
>>67605717
Just more and more proof stacking up against you, outsider
>>
>>67604205
It doesn't look like a whale.
>>
>>67605743
Kek, sorry that you got outed friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 510x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 510x413
>>67605484
Superman is a piece of propaganda designed to get the American youth interested in supporting their country. To imply that he is Jesus is to suggest that you're actually retarded enough to have willfully ignored the origins of the character and buy into some of the shoddiest moviemaking done in the past few years. Randomly showing a painting inspired by Christ and then quick cutting to Superman is not a subtle motif, but a fucking sledgehammer. It is neither creative nor evocative, but a sign of the kind of mental masturbation that a man like Zack Snyder must undergo when he creates a movie. Compare any scene of Christian symbolism in this movie to say, the scene in Cool Hand Luke when he collapses after the egg eating contest. The shot of Luke lying in the position of Christ is quick and subtle, and makes sense considering that Luke is a character whose simple origins and grace lend a positive connection to viewing him as a savior. Superman is portrayed as an angsty, selfish dick who resents having to protect mankind from disaster. Unlike Christ, whose moments of doubt are quickly overridden by a dedication to love humanity, Snyder's Superman is little more than a destructive, bitter asshole who would quickly turn on the human race if the woman he is fucking happens to die. What a well written character who is obviously based off of the comics! Pic related.
>>
>SHAAAAVE
>MAAAAAARTHA
>>
>>67605660
>>67605670
My calvary has arrived.

Yeah, opening was retarded (pearl shot was cool, though).

Opening-opening in Metropolis would have been cool if not instantly retarded because apparently Wayne's employees actually are retarded and don't know to run away from destruction happening right next door. It must be hard being Bruce.

Everything in this movie is orchestrated to trick you into feeling that you're not watching capeshit.

You're retarded if you think this movie is smart.
>>
>>67605703
Poe's law at work
>>
Yeah the opening sequence with Batman watching the ending of Man of Steel in horror with the rest of us. And then the deal was sealed with Lex's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs
>>
File: 14345234525.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
14345234525.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>>67605837
>marvelfags need back up to defend their half thought out points
kek
>>
>>67605774
You outed yourself here >>67605432
Not only will you never be authentic to this board you will never be an /r9k/ ape
>>
The movie would have worked better without Batman. Lex could have easily taken his roles, since they both have roughly the same motivation to destroy Superman. Could have easily been the equivalent of TDK as a sequel for MOS
>>
>>67599514
dirt plus the sunlight
>>
>>67605948
>The movie would have worked better without Batman.

Yeah and Daredevil season 2 would've worked better without The Punisher. Worst opinion I think I have EVER seen on this retarded website.
>>
>>67605928
not him but go back to /b/
>>
>>67605791
>replace Superman with Captain America

Superman was initially supposed to be a villain. He was created by two Jews who read Antichrist by Nietzsche and wanted to defame Nietzsche's idea of the Ubermensch. But then they realized it would be more interesting to actually make him a protagonist and be satirical about it. Hence Supes is a dick comic strips in the newspapers. It became popular. They created comicbooks. People started to love the character. And the rest is history.

Nothing you said came even close to the truth.
>>
File: Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg (72 KB, 610x412) Image search: [Google]
Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg
72 KB, 610x412
>>67606194
>>
>>67605913
There are more stupid people in the world than smart people.
>>
>>67606034
>people who've ever browsed /b/ should only be on /b/
See you are the cancer that is killing 4chan. You dont understand the importance of /b/ or why you have to start on /b/. You have to dowse yourself in diarrhea before you can go into another board and say, at least its not as shitty as /b/. /b/ exists to weed out individuals for the boards. People should browse /b/ at first to immerse themselves in the worse of chan culture so that when they browse other boards they don't reek like a redditor like you do.
>>
>>67606411
Have you gone on /b/ in say, 3 years?

Its just porn and autistic children now
>>
>>67606411
>he didn't deny being a pedophilic /b/tard
it's a containment board for edgy newfags. come back when you learn not to be an obvious newfag
>>
>>67604205
Looks like a jumbo shrimp to me.
>>
File: cartoon-whale-8.gif (9 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
cartoon-whale-8.gif
9 KB, 400x225
>>67606661
that's what a cartoon whale looks like
>>
>a movie made by somebody who doesn't understand the comics
>with symbolism from a man who doesn't understand the bible
>>
We are one bullet to the brain of Lois Lane away from all being completely and royally fucked.

If you don't think the concept of that is badass then you are just a bunch of slack jawed faggots.

The allusions to Injustice in BvS has made the character of Superman even more interesting than he was already. Basically Lois Lane is the key to a walking doomsday device.... HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT THINK THAT IS BADSSS??
>>
>>67606718
Oh it fits, then.
Because it's a movie about cartoon characters.
>>
>>67606490
No. It still has a purpose of immersing newfags in shit so that when they come to other boards they don't like massive autists. /b/ is absolute shit but it's the shit everyone has to start in to post here. No one goes back to /b/ after they leave /b/.
>>67606564
/b/ is a containment board for redditors who come here because they love r/4chan and think everything here is just 4chan but so wacky. Next time you post on /tv/ don't make it so obvious that you're a brain dead redditor.
>>
>>67606882
Because that's not Superman that's The Hulk
>>
was that man bat in the first bruce's dream?
>>
Moment i saw
"Batman created by bob kane" cause other capeshits are afraid of doing this.

Also shocked and said props to snyder for casting walking dead girl for 5 min role. Not like marvel shit actors this has good
>>
File: CAPEKINO.png (537 KB, 923x692) Image search: [Google]
CAPEKINO.png
537 KB, 923x692
>Armond White loved MoS and BvS.
CAPEKINO
>>
So is this capeshit or capekino?
>>
>>67606897
It's a metaphor.
>>
>>67606938

>HURR NOT MUH SUPERMAN

Bullshit. It's already been established in the source material. BvS didn't make it up.

INB4 alternative reality. Another thing that's already been established. One reality is just as real as another.
>>
>>67606564
>>he didn't deny being a pedophilic /b/tard
You're on /tv/, newfrog
Before you found it because of bane it was considered the pedo board of 4 Chan
>>
File: 1438036768223.jpg (145 KB, 1258x702) Image search: [Google]
1438036768223.jpg
145 KB, 1258x702
How?
>>
>>67607282
>It's already been established in the source material.
In a tie in for a video-game mady by a lieral who author
>>
>>67607240
So deep.
>>
>>67607194
a movie about entire civilization being destroyed, a lone survivor came to earth
a movie about child watching as his parents get murdered
v
movies with jokes every 10 seconds so kids can post them on facebook

>>67607328
Money talks, not redditors.
>>
>>67607194
Capeshit of the highest anti art order

Punch Drunk Love is the only real capekino
>>
File: 1450556539583.jpg (86 KB, 399x425) Image search: [Google]
1450556539583.jpg
86 KB, 399x425
>>67607286
>>
>>67596511
>>67597095
>>67597274
>>67605388
>>67605837

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnJMebOQ1uk

movie was shit
>>
>>67607408
Truly the face of entry level rword approved boards
>>
>>67607461
Could you please explain why? Oh, no that's right, you can't
>>
>Critics hated it, they're out of touch!
>But it's high art, because a lot of people are paying money to go see it.

You know, it could just be an enjoyable movie a lot of people like. It doesn't have to be high art, and in fact, the fact that it's so popular would lead me to believe it's not. Those movies don't usually slay at the box office.
>>
>that scene with the blood coming out of Bruce's parents coffins then suddenly a horrifying giant bat creature bursts out

That shit was a bit over the fucking top, a couple parents actually took their kids out to calm them down after it.

The explosion at the trial was a bit shocking too, came right out of the left field.
>>
>>67607461
>cant give reasons on why
>can only shitpost
>>
>>67604205
>>67604381
>>67604491
>>67604685
So this isn't really serious, is it?
>>
>>67605368

Not wanting to lick the feet inside those 4" inch high test pumps.

Faggot detected.
>>
>>67607699
>>67607555

>It's a shitpost but it triggered me so bad I have to reply and white knight for a fucking movie.

Guy, I hope you're not doing this for free.
>>
>>67607614
I think your taking what people say at the same value as actual film. It's a cape movie and for the past number of years, all capeshit movies have had the exact same formula. Everybody wanted the same thing from the Marvel movies in BvS but what they got was a movie more like watchmen than a schlocky superhero action film. It's capekino because it's a better capeshit movie
>>
>>67607626
>retarded parents taking their children to watch BvS

That's a really bad idea
>>
>>67607756
>obvious Disney/Marvelshill accusing others of being shills
It was pathetic enought when you guys tried to trick us into thinking TFA was a good movie. Fool me once etc.
>>
>>67604971

I know this is trolling, but I honestly really liked that scene.
>>
>>67607923
Same.
And I still think the movie is shit.
>>
>>67607794

That's a bit silly. If you had good fast food, you wouldn't refer to it as gourmet. It would just be good fast food.

>>67607921

>It's a shill, better respond!

You realize shills get paid by response too right? $.0005 more pesos in my bank account, sucker.
>>
File: Men are brave.png (571 KB, 1278x630) Image search: [Google]
Men are brave.png
571 KB, 1278x630
post yfw
>>
>>67608038
Hence the name capekino. Not Kino but capekino.
>>
When it ended and I thought it was a 60%.
>>
File: kino.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
>>67608527
I thought Kino meant "King Kong in name only"
>>
>>67596511
The piss jar
>>
>>67605388
i love the movie but that scene just felt off. idk what it was about it but it fell really fast and strange. overall movie was 9/10 imo
>>
>>67609070
Don't rate movies if you're a tasteless casual that doesn't watch actual film as well please
>>
>>67609070
>Donald Trump is a jackass but he's not afraid to speak his mind!
>BvS has some really clunky scenes but I give it a 9/10!
>>
File: 1456801250433.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1456801250433.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>67604751
>thinking superman is batman's "white whale"
>thinking this makes sense at all
>>
>>67607756
10 micky bucks are in your mouseketeer easter basket!
>>
>>67609357
>thinking it doesnt
he obsessed over the guy for 2 years
>>
>>67609435
Obsessing over someone doesn't make them your Mobydick.
>>
>>67605791
>Superman is portrayed as an angsty, selfish dick who resents having to protect mankind from disaster.
Snyder's Superman is little more than a destructive, bitter asshole who would quickly turn on the human race if the woman he is fucking happens to die.
>What a well written character

it's not like this version's only attachment to humanity is his mother and the woman he apparently fucks...
seriously tho, i've a question for you are you a faggot, or "tfw no gf"?
>>
>>67609542
to the point of breaking his own codes? Batman set out to murder Superman
>>
>>67596511
Well since I didn't bother browsing /tv/ before watching it I had no prejudices therefore I was able to enjoy the experience.

Thanks Based Snyder
>>
I made it to around 45 minutes in before the entire group I was with walked out, so I guess we didn't make it to that point.

Fuck this movie, it was awful. I try not to get involved in all the capeshit drama and retardation you faggots perpetrate on this shitty imageboard but holy fuck was this movie absolutely terrible.
>>
>>67609666
>Lucifer agrees
>>
>>67597608
this did not fucking expect that shit
>>
Is it?
>>
>>67609757
it is
>>
>>67596511
>god tier opening sequence
>Batfleck is incredible
>Amy Adams cocktease
>Mercy is top QT
>Lex is bizarrely portrayed but Eisenberg is great
>the warehouse scene is fucking amazing
>that switcheroo with the Wonder Woman reveal shot and the accompanying music
It was a pretty good movie all around.
>>
>>67596511

>There are at least a dozen threads praising a capeshit movie directed by Zack Snyder who already made a terrible capeshit movie

Either memes got out of hand and people are starting to actually think this movie is good, or this movie is actually good and Zack Snyder made a good movie for once. Either way I think it is time to take a break from /tv/ until this shit blows over. This is worse than TFA shit.
>>
>>67609791
This is /tv/, people come around after a bit
>>
It's not
>>
>>67609791
I usually don't like capeshit and think everything else directed by Snyder is either medicore (Watchmen) or outright terrible (Sucker Punch) but I actually enjoyed this movie a lot

Give it a try
>>
>>67596511
the 9/11 beginning
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.