[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witness the true Capekino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: capekino.jpg (145 KB, 420x589) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
145 KB, 420x589
Witness the true Capekino
>>
Criminally underrated movie.
>>
>>67593057
>le twist man
fuck off
>>
>>67593129

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waJsBs0eBQ

It would be a great movie even without the twist. I liked it but the ending might turn off some people from it.
>>
>>67593057
>glassman sequel when?
>>
Willis and Jackson's best performances on screen.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>67593226
THIS goddamn it
>>
>you will never fall harder from grace than M. Night Shamadingling
>>
>>67593200
I really really liked the ending, what wasn't appealing to people exactly?
>>
>>67593264
THIS. For once Jackson didn't play some Badass, with the generic 'I am a motherfucker' lines. As for Bruce Willis, his performance in The Sixth Sense was also good.
>>
>>67593411

No insults.
>>
>>67593411
No punches I'd guess.
Even though we know how a fight between unbreakable and Mr. Glass would go people want to see Bruce Willis throw him around in the wheelchair
>>
>>67593226
Patton Oswalt will deliver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wSacDvwQTs
>>
>>67593226
>>67593280
>>67593581
Shymaladingdong apparently talked about a sequel with Willis and Jackson but apparently couldn't commit due to poor success at the box office. Besides I don't even know if he'd be able to make it as good as the first.
>>
>>67593581
So good.
>>
"It's alright to be afraid, David, because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it."

Ah back when m night was good
>>
>>67593129
>>67593200
What fucking twist? They had all but outright said that Samuel L. Jackson was the villain the whole fucking movie.
>"Uh, I'm looking for my opposite who's a superhero but I'm totally his friend and not at all a villain even though that is exactly what the opposite of a hero is."
Fuck off.

That said, I don't hate it as much as I hate Shyamalan's other films, but it's still a very bland and boring film that tries but fails to build tension and atmosphere in that unmistakeable Shyamalan way.
>>
>>67594492
No need to be an ass. It's just that people generalize M. Night's gimmick as twists so the closest thing to a "twist" is the ending scene. I also think that the movie kinda succeeded in creating a tense atmosphere, but it's not exactly the kind of movie I'd watch if I felt up for some capeshit or something. It's so grounded and dedicated to telling an origin story that it doesn't really cover the parts of a superhero that comes after, but that doesn't mean that it's bad since it does exactly what it's meant to do.
>>
File: 1363989908661.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1363989908661.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>67593200

That fucking score
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.